login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1809228 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #11070 on: June 25, 2014, 12:00:30 AM »
2010 called. It wants its complaints back.

Wasn't aware that I wasn't allowed to watch a series and be annoyed with a flaw several years after it's release. I guess people better stop complaining about the Star Wars Prequels.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #11071 on: June 25, 2014, 12:08:56 AM »

Wasn't aware that I wasn't allowed to watch a series and be annoyed with a flaw several years after it's release. I guess people better stop complaining about the Star Wars Prequels.

Wait, does this mean no more complaints about remakes? FANTASTIC!
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #11072 on: June 25, 2014, 12:35:04 AM »

Jeez, do you like anything?!

(But seriously, if you are into rape, incest, misogyny and violence against women, this is the series for you. Luckily, nerds eat that shit up)
FINE

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #11073 on: June 25, 2014, 04:20:00 AM »
If it means anything, the sex is always there, but it does settle a bit.  Eventually it gets to the point where its used for actual character development and plot points instead of just to fill time.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11074 on: June 25, 2014, 04:22:43 AM »
Theres a lot of violence against everyone one in this show, not just women.  Theon Greyjoy anyone?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #11075 on: June 25, 2014, 05:21:26 AM »
Theres a lot of violence against everyone one in this show, not just women.  Theon Greyjoy anyone?

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #11076 on: June 25, 2014, 05:42:28 AM »

You're right, I should have said sexualised violence.
FINE

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #11077 on: June 25, 2014, 09:00:23 AM »
I end up seeing a lot of shows like that.  I didn't get into Breaking Bad until it was already into season 3 I think.  Finally gave it a shot through a Netflix binge and got hooked from there.  When you already have a bunch of things to keep up on, sometimes you just don't have the time to let something else in.

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #11078 on: June 25, 2014, 09:01:14 AM »
I always find it strange when someone finally gives a series a try several years into it's run. One of my favorite things is to watch a new episode and have a "water cooler" conversation about my favorite moments in the episode, what next week's episode means for the story, what I hope will happen next week, what my favorite scenes were. Those few days after are when you get the best conversations going, while it is still fresh in everyone's memory.

I would like to preemptively point out that I just find the idea foreign, not that I can't possibly conceive of anyone doing this.

I would also like to shake my head at Grug. I'm doing it right now, Grug!
Netflix and other on demand services are making the practice more common.  I never saw Walking Dead or Dexter on regular TV.  It's also how I caught up on Archer, which I first heard of two years into its run.
Too bad some shows aren't available on Netflix.  You can watch GoT from the beginning on HBO GO, though.  If you have cable and HBO, you can see the whole series to date.  I may go back and check out the Sopranos on HBO GO someday.  I've never seen an episode.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2667
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #11079 on: June 25, 2014, 09:04:10 AM »
I always find it strange when someone finally gives a series a try several years into it's run. One of my favorite things is to watch a new episode and have a "water cooler" conversation about my favorite moments in the episode, what next week's episode means for the story, what I hope will happen next week, what my favorite scenes were. Those few days after are when you get the best conversations going, while it is still fresh in everyone's memory.

I would like to preemptively point out that I just find the idea foreign, not that I can't possibly conceive of anyone doing this.

Netflix and other on demand services are making the practice more common.  I never saw Walking Dead or Dexter on regular TV.  It's also how I caught up on Archer, which I first heard of two years into its run.
Too bad some shows aren't available on Netflix.  You can watch GoT from the beginning on HBO GO, though.  If you have cable and HBO, you can see the whole series to date.  I may go back and check out the Sopranos on HBO GO someday.  I've never seen an episode.

Amazon made a deal with HBO for a lot of their stuff to be on Amazon Prime.  I watched a little of the Sopranos but sometime I'll have to watch it from the beginning on Amazon.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #11080 on: June 25, 2014, 09:05:46 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eG1Jn8Acqjg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eG1Jn8Acqjg</a>

gum.co/RFTrocky

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #11081 on: June 25, 2014, 09:09:58 AM »

I don't have cable, so Netflix+Torrents are how I watch shows. If something's on Netflix, I'll watch it up until the point that it's not, and then I'll torrent the rest of it. Television shows are the one thing I really don't have a problem with torrenting, because there are places I could go to see them without paying ANYWAY.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3214
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #11082 on: June 25, 2014, 09:22:32 AM »
HBO has been way too stingy with Game of Thrones. I have a feeling I could really get into that show, but the only (legal) points of entry are subscribe to HBO or blindly buy a season on DVD/Blu-ray. They're missing out on my fanboy money as a result...

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11083 on: June 25, 2014, 12:05:25 PM »
So borrow the first two episodes from your friend Tor Rent and if you like it, by it on dvd/blu ray.  No harm done.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #11084 on: June 25, 2014, 12:32:00 PM »

Shake away.

Also, I am currently four episodes into season four of Breaking Bad.
FINE