Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1785682 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10950 on: June 19, 2014, 11:06:48 PM »
Just because an adaptation of something isn't EXACT doesn't mean it's good or bad. Fanboying and girling over this crap needs to STOP. People are comparing apples and oranges. A book will never bee the same as a movie, NO FRIGGIN SHIT! One of my friends hates The Walking Dead because "THE COMICS WERE BETTER BECAUSE THE SHOW CHANGED STUFF." I don't see why that matters, at all.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #10951 on: June 19, 2014, 11:38:44 PM »
Just because an adaptation of something isn't EXACT doesn't mean it's good or bad.

NOOOOOO! Aquaman having blonde hair is imperative to the character ...for some reason. 
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #10952 on: June 19, 2014, 11:52:59 PM »
Just because an adaptation of something isn't EXACT doesn't mean it's good or bad. Fanboying and girling over this crap needs to STOP. People are comparing apples and oranges. A book will never bee the same as a movie, NO FRIGGIN SHIT! One of my friends hates The Walking Dead because "THE COMICS WERE BETTER BECAUSE THE SHOW CHANGED STUFF." I don't see why that matters, at all.

Well, not to sound like a dick, but people are pretty stupid in general. (I'm not calling your friend stupid, I don't know them, I'm just sayin'...) That's why I hang out here, you guys are ok.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10953 on: June 20, 2014, 01:07:11 AM »
That's why I hang out here, you guys are ok.

Be honest. It's me.

C'mon. Don't make this weird.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #10954 on: June 20, 2014, 04:23:39 AM »

Normally I agree (I think being a Douglas Adams fan trained me on that) but that said I'm still mad about the changes they're making to Disney's Into the Woods movie.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #10955 on: June 20, 2014, 04:59:25 AM »
That's why I hang out here, you guys are ok.

Be honest. It's me.

C'mon. Don't make this weird.

you're the wind beneath my wings, lemmy.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #10956 on: June 20, 2014, 07:08:52 AM »

Normally I agree (I think being a Douglas Adams fan trained me on that) but that said I'm still mad about the changes they're making to Disney's Into the Woods movie.
I think there's a difference between creative choices and censorship, the changes I've seen with Into The Woods seemfar more like the latter.

Soguru

« Reply #10957 on: June 20, 2014, 07:38:03 AM »
I don't like discussing the topic of cancer.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10958 on: June 20, 2014, 07:41:53 AM »
I dont like discussing the topic of lima beans.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Soguru

« Reply #10959 on: June 20, 2014, 07:58:27 AM »
I dont like discussing the topic of lima beans.
But he's never tried bubble tape..  ;D

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #10960 on: June 20, 2014, 09:08:39 AM »
I hate the sand.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #10961 on: June 20, 2014, 10:23:12 AM »

I think there's a difference between creative choices and censorship, the changes I've seen with Into The Woods seemfar more like the latter.
That feels like the right word, now that you mention it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10962 on: June 20, 2014, 11:13:53 AM »
WTF is going on here ???

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10963 on: June 20, 2014, 02:32:58 PM »

How do you feel about the topic of capricorn?

The circle of latitude that contains the subsolar point on the southern solstice?

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #10964 on: June 20, 2014, 03:07:20 PM »

How do you feel about the topic of capricorn?

I think it would make a good Disney film.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects