Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1790768 times)

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10920 on: June 19, 2014, 01:17:24 AM »
One of the mods I have installed in Skyrim is a body replacer for men, to make them look a LOT better. The mod adds a shop called Morning Wood, and the shop owner is a gentleman named Bjorn LongSword. While I could do without the shop, those names make me giggle.

I always loved reading the 'Lusty Argonian Maid' books for a good laugh. They're in the vanilla Skyrim... Now I feel like looking them all up, I never did finish the entire series.  :D

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10921 on: June 19, 2014, 01:29:52 AM »
One of the mods I have installed in Skyrim is a body replacer for men, to make them look a LOT better. The mod adds a shop called Morning Wood, and the shop owner is a gentleman named Bjorn LongSword. While I could do without the shop, those names make me giggle.

"I used to get an erection like yours, then I took an arrow....."

You know, I am so sorry. This meme has been done to death. I panicked.  :-[

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #10922 on: June 19, 2014, 02:00:14 AM »
I have seen many of the "body replacers" for Skyrim, QV.... good graphics!

Also I have seen the mods wherein people.... "enjoy" each other. Good graphics!

I remember getting the enjoyable mods for Dragon Age: Origins.... not as good graphics as Skyrim but pretty good!

Ahem.... is it warm in here....?
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Nobody

• Liked: 617
« Reply #10923 on: June 19, 2014, 06:54:31 AM »
After playing video games almost daily for about 30 years, I just stopped.  I took GTAV out of the console, put it in the case and up on the shelf, and haven't played anything in 2 months.

I realized that I've wasted my life doing things that had no value.  Will I be remembered for my gamer score?  For trading barbs with people?  For anything?

I have fewer days ahead than behind, and I can't afford to waste any more days, hours, or minutes anymore.  I'm thinking I'll disappear completely from here soon too. 

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #10924 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:54 PM »
And what profound 'value' based activity are you replacing it with?

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #10925 on: June 19, 2014, 02:57:18 PM »
I understand the sentiment, but as far as I'm concerned, sitting around and playing video games is no different than sitting around doing any other activity. It's entertainment and escape from your worries. As a pretty severe introvert, I don't count that as time wasted. It's time spent preserving my sanity.

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #10926 on: June 19, 2014, 04:55:22 PM »
I understand the sentiment, but as far as I'm concerned, sitting around and playing video games is no different than sitting around doing any other activity. It's entertainment and escape from your worries. As a pretty severe introvert, I don't count that as time wasted. It's time spent preserving my sanity.

I don't consider it a waste of time at all, I don't see it as being any different than reading books or watching movies. It's entertainment that is a great escapism. Clearly if you play so many video games it negatively influences your life than you have a problem and then you should stop playing. But for me it's an enjoyable experience that I make friends through, play through, deep and engaging stories, and compete on occasion. 

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #10927 on: June 19, 2014, 05:29:51 PM »
i don't wanna wait for our lives to be over
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10928 on: June 19, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »

I don't consider it a waste of time at all, I don't see it as being any different than reading books or watching movies. It's entertainment that is a great escapism. Clearly if you play so many video games it negatively influences your life than you have a problem and then you should stop playing. But for me it's an enjoyable experience that I make friends through, play through, deep and engaging stories, and compete on occasion.

And unlike television, you are interacting. Your brain is alert and processing decisions. You aren't just receiving what the TV sends you.  (although there is nothing wrong with reading as an alternative.)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #10929 on: June 19, 2014, 05:55:01 PM »

And unlike television, you are interacting. Your brain is alert and processing decisions. You aren't just receiving what the TV sends you.  (although there is nothing wrong with reading as an alternative.)

True.  And I attribute a great deal of the spatial memory I was able to get to come back after my head injuries to a combination of Quake and half-Life (with the add-on packs for each).  In those two, you can't get very far if you can't remember how you got there in the first place.  Had to 'wander' a lot more closer to the head injuries, gradually getting to where I knew what route I had to go in order to get back to somewhere I needed to return to.

Problem for me was, once 'into' the game I would - every single time - play longer than what I had the capacity for, so ended up perpetually further past my limits than simply trying to do day-to-day life would take me.  So I ended up having to force myself to quit playing completely (before finishing the 2nd add-on to half-Life 2), so I could function enough to remember little things like 'eating on time'.

Now, for me, it is often a balancing act between 'doing what I have to' during the day, and passively attending to TV or a film at night (to compensate for the drain of daytime drains).  [Even there I'm not infrequently too far gone to follow new plots or new characters, so have to watch something I've already seen before (or, if bad enough off, watch things without plots altogether, like the series 'Aerial America', or, closer to the head injury, my fall-back channel was HGTV.]

But I can understand if there are things you feel you need to do in order to feel your life is progressing toward where you'd like to be, then using brainpower you need (head injury or no) on playing video games for hours can as easily drain that 'useful time' from you as drinking or being stoned can for people.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:56:50 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #10930 on: June 19, 2014, 05:58:38 PM »
i don't wanna wait for our lives to be over

I want to know right now, what will it be?

[[For the record: I had to look up the lyrics to know the response.]]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:01:37 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10931 on: June 19, 2014, 06:06:40 PM »
Holy shit, have I traveled back to 1997?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #10932 on: June 19, 2014, 06:07:52 PM »
Holy shit, have I traveled back to 1997?

Yes.
FINE

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10933 on: June 19, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
Ah shit, I have school in the morning then.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #10934 on: June 19, 2014, 06:11:22 PM »
And I'm going to make out with that cute biracial chick who works at the KFC near camp, awesome!