Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1787319 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10770 on: May 22, 2014, 07:41:40 AM »
Or when caught day dreaming. 

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #10771 on: May 22, 2014, 09:08:46 AM »
Asking someone "Where are you" is a recent thing. Before we had mobile phones, the only way we could talk to someone was if we knew where they were at.

not really. before caller id, it was a perfectly reasonable question to ask incoming callers.

Depends on how you define 'recent'. Modern humans have only been around for 200,000 years. Sounds like a long time but considering earth is about 5 billion years old, it is but a fraction.
Before telephony, "where are you?" would only be used in cases such as when searching for a lost individual, or, possibly in a non-literal sense, such as asking at what point of a book they had read to.

Or when lost in different parts of a hedge maze.
I kinda think I covered that, but, yeah.  I'm thinking it was fairly common phrase, just used in different situations.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10772 on: May 22, 2014, 09:26:16 AM »
I kinda think I covered that, but, yeah. 
NO-NO! You need to make a short story even longer. :P

Offline Nobody

« Reply #10773 on: May 22, 2014, 10:08:31 AM »
I kinda think I covered that, but, yeah. 
NO-NO! You need to make a short story even longer. :P
Don't go all Peter Jackson on me...

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #10774 on: May 22, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »
Asking someone "Where are you" is a recent thing. Before we had mobile phones, the only way we could talk to someone was if we knew where they were at.

not really. before caller id, it was a perfectly reasonable question to ask incoming callers.

Depends on how you define 'recent'. Modern humans have only been around for 200,000 years. Sounds like a long time but considering earth is about 5 billion years old, it is but a fraction.
Before telephony, "where are you?" would only be used in cases such as when searching for a lost individual, or, possibly in a non-literal sense, such as asking at what point of a book they had read to.

I kinda think I covered that, but, yeah.  I'm thinking it was fairly common phrase, just used in different situations.

So you did. I'm quite sick and a little out of it.

Offline Nobody

« Reply #10775 on: May 22, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »

Hope you get to feeling better.  Being sick just plain sucks.

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #10776 on: May 22, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »

Yea, I've had a war raging in my bowels for the past week coupled with my chronic, crippling insomnia. 

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10777 on: May 22, 2014, 08:26:03 PM »

Yea, I've had a war raging in my bowels for the past week coupled with my chronic, crippling insomnia.

Diarrhea Is like a storm, raging inside you.

Try melatonin for the insomnia. Knocks me out.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10778 on: May 22, 2014, 08:58:03 PM »
If that fails, there is always a blunt steel pipe to the base of the skull.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10779 on: May 22, 2014, 09:11:54 PM »
I second melatonin, it's VERY good at putting me to sleep. When I take it, I tend to go deeper, and sleep heavier for longer. Without it, I usually get 7 hours a night, with it, it's 9. I'm probably going to take it tonight, since I've slept 2 hours in the last 36, just to make SURE I get a solid chunk of rest.

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #10780 on: May 22, 2014, 10:28:32 PM »
Sometimes I get a paranoia that no matter what I say or do, no matter how trivial or insignificant, people hate me for it afterwards, or are at the very least slightly annoyed by it...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:26:25 PM by Malt Dismal »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4643
« Reply #10781 on: May 23, 2014, 03:02:46 AM »
Last time I grocery shopped, I picked up a few different types of pears.  I ate a kind-of tall skinny brownish one.  Shortly afterwards I started to have hallucinations of beastly creatures eating people, people burning in pits of smoke and rivers of lava, demons and devils riding people and pushing them with spears, and people suffering in other untold ways.  When they finally stopped, I looked more carefully at the little fruit label off what I'd eaten, and realized that I should have anticipated that response.

. . . I'd bought some Hieronymus Bosc pears.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #10782 on: May 23, 2014, 03:21:35 AM »
Ap-pear-ently you need to choose your fruit wisely.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #10783 on: May 23, 2014, 04:56:08 AM »
yay, allergies! :D
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10784 on: May 23, 2014, 05:53:27 AM »
Diarrhea Is like a storm, raging inside you.

Similar to a Cat 5 Hurricane? Or a Jupiter 'Great Red Spot' storm ???