login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791515 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10665 on: April 29, 2014, 10:05:28 AM »
You have been working out a bit too right?  I wouldnt worry about it to much.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #10666 on: April 29, 2014, 11:46:07 AM »
Compared to the roughly 2,000 calories she needs a day, thats still not too bad.

In all fairness, I hadn't eaten anything all day.

That's not healthy.  For weight loss, it would be better to eat more calories as a 'not-too-often' thing than to go without eating for long stretches.  Going longer than 6-8 hours without eating - particularly if you exercise - sends your body into "starvation" mode and your body holds even tighter to the fat it has already stored.

That's not to mention that not eating for long periods interferes with brain function (I know this far too well), but with all metabolic processes.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10667 on: April 29, 2014, 12:14:58 PM »
Compared to the roughly 2,000 calories she needs a day, thats still not too bad.

That's not healthy.  For weight loss, it would be better to eat more calories as a 'not-too-often' thing than to go without eating for long stretches.  Going longer than 6-8 hours without eating - particularly if you exercise - sends your body into "starvation" mode and your body holds even tighter to the fat it has already stored.

That's not to mention that not eating for long periods interferes with brain function (I know this far too well), but with all metabolic processes.

It's not a common thing that I do, Lucas.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #10668 on: April 29, 2014, 11:10:38 PM »

My random chime in: it is something I do, I think. I've never been much of a big eater throughout my life ("eats like a bird" is being generous most of the time), and tend to have my first meal of the day (usually not a lot) in the early afternoon. I just never really feel all that hungry, right up until the moment when I do. Most of the time I don't feel like it's an issue, but as time goes by and I get more involved in a more physical line of work, I do get the feeling that it's time to up that calorie intake and get some more energy/muscle/whathaveyou going. And not just because I'm one of those seemingly perpetual 6'1"/145lbs. guys either.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10669 on: April 30, 2014, 12:11:16 AM »

My random chime in: it is something I do, I think. I've never been much of a big eater throughout my life ("eats like a bird" is being generous most of the time), and tend to have my first meal of the day (usually not a lot) in the early afternoon. I just never really feel all that hungry, right up until the moment when I do. Most of the time I don't feel like it's an issue, but as time goes by and I get more involved in a more physical line of work, I do get the feeling that it's time to up that calorie intake and get some more energy/muscle/whathaveyou going. And not just because I'm one of those seemingly perpetual 6'1"/145lbs. guys either.

I do that thing of not eating till the afternoon, too. If I get up at 8, I'm just not hungry until that point. If I catch myself not being hungry for long periods of time, I'll make myself eat something, because I don't want that to be a habit.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #10670 on: April 30, 2014, 02:36:56 AM »
People need to eat within one hour of waking, or else their body goes into starvation mode and holds on to fat and burns muscle instead (if the person exercises).  That first meal of the day should primarily be protein.  Cereal/grains (anything resulting in a high glycemic load) sets one up for cyclic hunger which can lead to binge eating in some people.

Not eating for long stretches (such as from sometime before one goes to bed until a few hours after waking) causes difficulty thinking clearly and can result in anxiety or mood difficulties if one's brain is predisposed to them (because the brain is attempting to 'run on fumes').  The changes in the brain's neurotransmitters that this causes can take a long time to restabilize afterwards (i.e. they don't just go away the next time one eats).  If not eating right away on waking is a pattern, then it can take a couple weeks for the brain to stabilize if one eats regularly in the morning every one of those (14) days.  [Just like every other major neurotransmitter change: it takes a minimum of two weeks for stability to start to show in the brain again.  It can take longer before all the 'downstream' neurotransmitters to stabilize from such a pattern.]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:20:33 AM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #10671 on: April 30, 2014, 09:46:41 AM »
I try to eat breakfast in the morning but sometimes I can't even bring myself to swallow because I'm just not hungry in the morning. Maybe I should try a protein shake or something because I'm always thirsty in the morning.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #10672 on: April 30, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »
so take
these broken wings
and learn to fly again
learn to live so free
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10673 on: April 30, 2014, 05:35:29 PM »
And when we hear
the voices sing
the book of love will open up
and let us in
taaaaaake

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10674 on: April 30, 2014, 06:06:36 PM »
How do people not realize that showing overt interest in someone might make them uncomfortable? I'm watching a stream and this guy KEEPS pelting me with random questions that have nothing to do with ANYTHING. Then when someone makes a joke about it, he gets extremely defensive, saying that he was just "being friendly". Picking one person out of a crowd of 600 people and asking them a million and one questions is not being friendly. It's being creepy.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10675 on: April 30, 2014, 07:06:39 PM »
Tell the guy you are just not into him.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4482
« Reply #10676 on: May 02, 2014, 10:18:55 AM »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10677 on: May 02, 2014, 10:31:31 AM »
Just saw a not on one of the bulletin boards here, someone lost a phone and there is a number to call for "an award".

I wonder what kind of award?  Trophy?  Gold star?

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #10678 on: May 02, 2014, 11:28:16 AM »
Just saw a not on one of the bulletin boards here, someone lost a phone and there is a number to call for "an award".

I wonder what kind of award?  Trophy?  Gold star?

Unless it's a Slammy Award for Best Bow Tie, I'm not going to look for anyone's phone.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10679 on: May 02, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »
It looks like most Texans want to stay in Texas.  I am fine with that.