login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789999 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4648
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10575 on: April 14, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »
April 15th.  Michigan.  Power went out for a few hours from wind.  Snowing now.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #10576 on: April 15, 2014, 07:10:03 AM »
Am I the only one who sees broken images on everything Bathtub posts? to this day I still have no idea what his avatar is.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #10577 on: April 15, 2014, 07:51:30 AM »
Am I the only one who sees broken images on everything Bathtub posts? to this day I still have no idea what his avatar is.

You are not.

Is it supposed to be a joke or something?

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4648
« Reply #10578 on: April 15, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »
April 15th.  Michigan.  Power went out for a few hours from wind.  Snowing now.

Snow here in TN as well.  Bizarre year.  I'm glad I didn't put in my plants the other day.

That is good that you didn't get plantings in yet.

Looks like we got about an inch last night and it's sticking to grass but not sidewalks, driveways and streets.  To me the snow this late is a great sign: it means that there will be fewer bugs and insects this year, because they would have started to hatch when it was warm for so long (and with the days longer - don't know what all is involved in bug/insect gestation), and the new cold will kill a ton of those who were 'eager' to get out and do things.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #10579 on: April 15, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »

Thanks, I was wondering about that, I just thought a change of forum them had broken them, I'll update it over the easter break. Have to come up with some new ideas.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #10580 on: April 17, 2014, 06:55:51 AM »
i'm cold, and i am shamed, lying naked on the floor.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10581 on: April 17, 2014, 07:41:32 AM »
Then get your ass up and put some cloths on fer frigs sakes :speechless:

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10582 on: April 17, 2014, 07:54:39 AM »
Yeah, RVR knows what it feels like to be in that situation all too well.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10583 on: April 17, 2014, 08:33:09 AM »
Yeah, RVR knows what it feels like to be in that situation all too well.
Yep..

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #10584 on: April 17, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »

Sounds like you're tangled up in quite the imbruglia.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #10585 on: April 17, 2014, 08:09:59 PM »
Hmm, apparently I'm a very lazy reader, and quite frequently I just pick a couple letters from a word and put them in my own order.

Until a couple weeks ago I assumed that the "Scam o'clock" thread was "Sam o'clock", and was about a forum member named Sam's podcast that he would plug occasionally.  I have no idea where I got it into my head that it was about a podcast, and I don't know any Sams here, but that's what I've thought for years now and have stayed out of the thread because of it.

Also, I've never bothered to actually read some names here on the forums.  Until today I've always read GoFlyBlind as golfybind (in my head pronounced goalfeebined).    I think I have lazy dyslexia.  Dyslazia. 

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #10586 on: April 17, 2014, 09:31:37 PM »

Until today I've always read GoFlyBlind as golfybind (in my head pronounced goalfeebined).    I think I have lazy dyslexia.  Dyslazia.

I thought the exact same thing up until about a month ago.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #10587 on: April 17, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »
So a couple of months ago I listened to Stephen Fry read the entire series of Harry Potter.

And ever since then I just couldn't help thinking how much money Warner Brothers/Rowling left on the table by not having the film cast read their lines of the books like a play (keep Stephen as narrator).  Seriously that would have been like printing (more) money for almost no work.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10588 on: April 18, 2014, 02:25:30 AM »
The PBS Game/Show channel on Youtube is one of my favorites. I love examining and thinking about games and gamer culture in different and interesting ways. This week, they did an episode about what the genres of games you play say about you as a person, and proceeded to break it down into 8 different subsets of people. They aren't mutually exclusive groups, meaning you can be a part of multiples.

My issue is that they just a month ago did an episode on how segregating and dividing the gamer community was bad, using the actual word "gamer" as an example. The argument is that there's no real way to determine who is a gamer, because there's not really a clear definition of a gamer. A lot of people use the word to exclude people from the group, i.e. fake girl gamers, casuals, etc, which is detrimental to the culture as a whole. How is the idea of dividing gamers based on personality ANY better than that?

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #10589 on: April 18, 2014, 05:17:47 AM »

Until today I've always read GoFlyBlind as golfybind (in my head pronounced goalfeebined).    I think I have lazy dyslexia.  Dyslazia.

I thought the exact same thing up until about a month ago.

:'(
dF = 0
d*F = J