Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791160 times)

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10545 on: April 05, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »
I kinda' wish I was a Blogger who explored internet trends.  I have the perfect title for my first book (which would be about my personal experiences while exploring the internet).

My book title would be:

Meme, Myself & I

There's NO WAY that won't one day be a category on @midnight.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #10546 on: April 05, 2014, 04:50:38 PM »
The absolute best way to guarantee you will not get your way with an Amazon rep is to open with:

"Okay Lembach. This is how it's going to be....."

Okay Lembach.  This is how it's going to be...  you're going to send me the new Sailor Moon Series on DVD .... I don't care that it's airing in July, we live in a technology golden age so some how you can figure all that out.

Then I'm going to review UPS shipping instead of the product itself.

Also, you're gonna let me beta test one of your drones

Can you also tell my mom to stop calling about if I've read various celebrity biographies? I'm kind of afraid to hurt her feelings and she's sensitive.
:D :D
You need to come around the forums a little more often Hebs! It's been a while

Double ditto on this!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10547 on: April 06, 2014, 11:21:43 PM »
I need to get a shirt that has the Enterprise on it, with the text "#1 Star Wars Fan". I will then wear it as often as I can to events where the mismatch is sure to be noticed, and then keep score of how many people twitch, or freak out over it. I will go through all the reactions, and apply a point total to them, based on the frequency. I will then score myself every time I wear that shirt.

If you want to annoy strangers, you have to be willing to work at it.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #10548 on: April 07, 2014, 12:08:16 AM »
Aren't there a 1001 of those images out there now?

is the first one that comes to mind. There are bound to be such shirts already made.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #10549 on: April 07, 2014, 04:25:56 AM »
I need to get a shirt that has the Enterprise on it, with the text "#1 Star Wars Fan". I will then wear it as often as I can to events where the mismatch is sure to be noticed, and then keep score of how many people twitch, or freak out over it. I will go through all the reactions, and apply a point total to them, based on the frequency. I will then score myself every time I wear that shirt.

$5.99 to you Miss.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10550 on: April 07, 2014, 06:43:16 AM »

$5.99 to you Miss.
I have that shirt already.. It's pretty awesome! 8)

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10551 on: April 07, 2014, 08:26:48 AM »
I know that there's a lot of people here who AREN'T fans of MLP, but this is really annoying me this morning.

On Youtube, there's a channel called Sherclop Pones. The people in charge of this channel make MLP parody videos, which are freaking hilarious. One of the series they do is "Kimi Sparkle: The Internet's Only Pegasister Reviewer". It's a double parody, lampooning the overzealous fans of the show who do the Windows Movie Maker terrible quality reviews of the show, as well as Youtube reviews in general. She'll go through episodes and make wild claims that she backs up with her own ridiculous canon, and the results are often hilarious and entertaining.

My first mistake was reading the comments on the video. People were either not getting the joke, or saying that it was mean spirited. Mean spirited? MAYBE. I'm inclined to disagree. For one, when you post something online, you're going to get insulted. That's half of what the internet DOES. I don't care if it's a perfect 20 page compelling story with a compelling story and no typos, someone's going to think you're a massive asshole. Interestingly enough, when the QUALITY of something goes down, those comments increase. If you're producing something with horribly low production values(as Kimi is parodying), you're going to receive criticism, whether it be nice, or "THIS VIDEO FOCKIN SUCKS".

Fandoms are HORRIBLE and have a nasty habit of ruining everything I like. Whovians irritate me to no end, HP fans need to calm down, and don't get me started on MLP's fandom. They will take everything you love about the series and twist it until it's a horrible mess of shippings and terrible art. Yes, there are good things that come out of the fandom. My problem is that if you dislike and criticize ANYTHING about the MLP Fandom, you get told that you're not a "true fan", and that you don't understand the key element of the show. I understand it just fine: don't be a dick/bitch. That doesn't mean I can't criticize your bad artwork, or tell you that DiamondTwist shipping is creepy as hell. That's what parody, and, by extension, Kimi Sparkle are doing. It's self aware of how bad it is and strives to be WORSE than the wost aspects of Brony culture.

Ah, what a wonderful way to start the day... youtube-comment induced rage. I bet it'll show up in the DSM-IV before 2030.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #10552 on: April 07, 2014, 10:12:53 AM »

Shouldn't this be in the Toxic Thoughts thread?? :P

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #10553 on: April 07, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
:D :D
You need to come around the forums a little more often Hebs! It's been a while

Double ditto on this!

I MISSED YOU GAIZZZ
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #10554 on: April 07, 2014, 03:02:29 PM »
BTDubs, Action Batch, I am LOVING your new avatar:

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5139
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #10555 on: April 08, 2014, 10:14:01 AM »
I'm assuming she's doing the Michael Jackson "HOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4481
« Reply #10556 on: April 08, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »
RIP Ultimate Warrior

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #10557 on: April 09, 2014, 08:45:42 AM »
So Ann's baby sister has been divorced for a couple of years and will be bringing her new fella to her parents house for Easter dinner. My Mother-in-law, apparently not getting enough drama from watching Days, has invited Mary (the sister)'s ex husband as well.

I suppose Easter is a family event, and that extends to Eskimo brothers.....

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #10558 on: April 09, 2014, 09:23:53 AM »
So Ann's baby sister has been divorced for a couple of years and will be bringing her new fella to her parents house for Easter dinner. My Mother-in-law, apparently not getting enough drama from watching Days, has invited Mary (the sister)'s ex husband as well.
Oh that sounds like a rather interesting get-together there.. :-X

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10559 on: April 09, 2014, 01:17:42 PM »
A cannibal is someone who's fed up with people.