login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1808059 times)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10335 on: March 05, 2014, 08:42:58 AM »

Hmmm, Thrifty was permabanned a while back
Oh is that what happened to him ???
How long ago did this happen? :o

Maybe a month or three weeks I want to say.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #10336 on: March 05, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »
I can speak as a guy who was "dragged" to see the last Twilight movie by my wife.  That was the term she used as well.  "I have to drag you to this, don't I?"  She had already seen it with a friend, and she knew I would enjoy the ending if nothing else, and we purposefully went to a very early showing on a weekday so we could make comments without disturbing anyone.  So, even though I was dragged to something I wouldn't have picked myself, there was a lot of thought put into the fact that I would actually have some fun.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #10337 on: March 05, 2014, 09:47:14 AM »

Hmmm, Thrifty was permabanned a while back
Oh is that what happened to him ???
How long ago did this happen? :o

Maybe a month or three weeks I want to say.

It's partially the general tone and part the few names that popped up as self-styled 'Mean girls' seem to have either left or found bridges to hide under, either way I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10338 on: March 05, 2014, 10:00:45 AM »
I can speak as a guy who was "dragged" to see the last Twilight movie by my wife.  That was the term she used as well.  "I have to drag you to this, don't I?"  She had already seen it with a friend, and she knew I would enjoy the ending if nothing else, and we purposefully went to a very early showing on a weekday so we could make comments without disturbing anyone.  So, even though I was dragged to something I wouldn't have picked myself, there was a lot of thought put into the fact that I would actually have some fun.

That fight scene was the greatest thing of all time.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10339 on: March 05, 2014, 10:18:22 AM »
You mean the greatest waste of time.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #10340 on: March 05, 2014, 10:21:33 AM »
In my experience, getting "dragged" to something by a significant other is usually done with the pretense that the drag-ee will end up enjoying it, but doesn't know it yet. The idea being that if you go alone, and see a bunch of stuff that the significant other would have enjoyed, there will be a longing and a regret that he/she wasn't there.

For instance, I "dragged" Tyrant to Wall*E. She's suspicious of anything that falls anywhere under the ever-growing Disney umbrella, and Wall*E ended up proving to her that at least movies under the Pixar banner are worth checking out, and it remains one of her favorite movies.

She's "dragged" me to see a bunch of horror movies. They're usually not my thing, but when she picks them, there tends to be elements to them that I enjoy.

I did not "Drag" her to see Frozen because as much as she hates Disney, she hates Disney MUSICALS a million times more. I instead called my Brother, who loves Disney, and we had the least Guys-y guys night ever, which was made nicer by the fact that I didn't have to bug Tyrant with it.

SO, when "dragging" your significant other out, the relationship-smart thing to consider is, "Am I dragging him/her because he/she will enjoy it, or am I dragging him/her because I want someone in that seat next to me."

And with THAT said, sometimes it IS the significant other's job to be there in that seat if it's that important. And that's when the significant other should suck it up and take one for the team.

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #10341 on: March 05, 2014, 03:19:27 PM »
I was "dragged" to the Sex in the City sequel and slept through the whole thing, I was also "dragged" to some of the Harry Potter movies and I like them now, only with Rifftrax though of course. 

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #10342 on: March 05, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »
Hmm, Ann and I generally like the same things, it's why we're married. I mean she has great tits and arse, but it's mostly that we enjoy mostly the same things.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5900
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #10343 on: March 05, 2014, 04:49:31 PM »
Hmm, Ann and I generally like the same things, it's why we're married. I mean she has great tits and arse, but it's mostly that we enjoy mostly the same things.
You both enjoy her great tits and arse.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10344 on: March 05, 2014, 04:53:43 PM »
Hell, I know I do!  Maybe we should start a meetup group or something about it.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #10345 on: March 05, 2014, 05:46:32 PM »
You both enjoy her great tits and arse.
But of course.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10346 on: March 05, 2014, 09:04:55 PM »

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #10347 on: March 05, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »
I'm Stuart Stewaeert

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #10348 on: March 05, 2014, 10:14:08 PM »
Nicol Morzgan

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #10349 on: March 07, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »
People say Miley Cyrus can't act?

...But I know there were a few people here who were crying that her performance on the MTV VMA's was a real 'jeer/twerker'.

Just so anais (and anyone else who cares) knows this: I was doing wordplay on "tear jerker", not criticizing MC.  [Brain slow right now, so not sure how obvious (and just not amusing) it might have been.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects