login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1804277 times)

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10320 on: March 04, 2014, 08:18:32 PM »
I think her point was she would want the person to share the experience with her whether it is their forte or not, not as a way to torture them, hoping they might actually enjoy themselves at some point.

That's my assumption anyway.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:23:16 PM by Malt Dismal »

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #10321 on: March 04, 2014, 08:21:54 PM »
I think her point was she would want the person to share the experience with her whether it is their forte or not, not as a way to torture them.

Randomly, I am posting this from a Miley concert. Times like this, I miss not having a boyfriend I,can drag to things like this.

Is it that weird that someone might love me enough to go with me just to make me happy? Because,according to my other guy friends they,get,dragged,to shit by their girlfriends all the time.

whatever, I'm not worth any of that I'm sure

I think you are incorrect in that reading.
FINE

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #10322 on: March 04, 2014, 08:27:26 PM »
I think her point was she would want the person to share the experience with her whether it is their forte or not, not as a way to torture them.

Randomly, I am posting this from a Miley concert. Times like this, I miss not having a boyfriend I,can drag to things like this.

Is it that weird that someone might love me enough to go with me just to make me happy? Because,according to my other guy friends they,get,dragged,to shit by their girlfriends all the time.

whatever, I'm not worth any of that I'm sure

I think you are incorrect in that reading.

I think you are over simplifying. Sometimes people say things in jest/haste when they actually mean something else. "Dragging them" is just a popular catch phrase.

I could be wrong, that's just my opinion though, because I say/type things that are mis-interpreted all the time because people fixate on a certain word or phrase that distracts them from the actual meaning.

I don't think it's cool to jump on someone like that just because they don't know how to articulate/express their feelings accurately. You guys might mean it in a constructive way perhaps, but it's still annoying.

But like I said I could be wrong so whatevs.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:32:22 PM by Malt Dismal »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10323 on: March 04, 2014, 08:35:48 PM »
Yeah, it would depend on how hard one would have to be "dragged" to something.

I could probably be dragged to a Miley concert and just be bored, wouldn't hate it, but some type of music I really hate there's no way...

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #10324 on: March 04, 2014, 08:44:14 PM »
I don't think it's cool to jump on someone like that just because they don't know how to articulate/express their feelings accurately. You guys might mean it in a constructive way perhaps, but it's still annoying.

I made a throw away joke about someone not wanting to go to a Miley Cyrus concert, and how it is ridiculous to force them - She turned it into a judgement of her worth (That she might not be worth have that 'shit' inflicted on them for).

Then, when I made it clear that it wasn't, you tried to rewrite history.

My interpretation is all literally on the page, yours requires the explanation that she doesn't "articulate/express her feelings accurately."
FINE

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #10325 on: March 04, 2014, 08:55:46 PM »
I'm not here to engage in battle mate. I was just throwing in my 2 cents about it, and I never intended to insinuate that she is incapable of expressing herself accurately at all times. I was just saying in this particular instance I think it's likely her words got over simplified. That's all.

I already said "I could be wrong." I hope we're done now.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:58:45 PM by Malt Dismal »

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #10326 on: March 04, 2014, 09:00:45 PM »
At the very least I'll agree her reply to your joking post was a bit over the top though.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10327 on: March 04, 2014, 11:10:26 PM »
Girls, girls, you're all pretty, and you're all going to prom.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10328 on: March 05, 2014, 04:55:16 AM »
See what a wreaking ball does to us?? :speechless:

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #10329 on: March 05, 2014, 07:42:44 AM »
Has the attitude of this place lightened up/become less dickish lately or am just going to better threads now?  :D
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #10330 on: March 05, 2014, 07:51:07 AM »
At the very least I'll agree her reply to your joking post was a bit over the top though.

Yea, I did. I had weird mood swings last night. But you were correct, I used the word "dragged" inappropriately. I wish I had a boyfriend who would say "I love to see you get all goofy over Miley, so I will come with you."

Also, I saw nipple last night. I know that is a silly thing to complain about it, Miley's schtick is all about how much sex she wants to have and that she pees and has a vagina (among other more entertaining things), but seeing adult women use it as an excuse to cut their inhibitions was pretty silly. Things like that should be more private....unless you are a celebrity, in which case, I am upset I didn't see any Miley nip.

Seeing the tweeners wear barely anything and then have to stand at the light rail in the snow was also entertaining.

(edit): Also "dragged" is the word used by male friends, so that is why I thought it was appropriate.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 08:03:58 AM by anais.butterfly »
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10331 on: March 05, 2014, 07:53:40 AM »
Has the attitude of this place lightened up/become less dickish lately or am just going to better threads now?  :D

Hmmm, Thrifty was permabanned a while back and the religion/politics threads were moved off to their own dungeon just recently, how long ago did you start to notice the change?

Maybe it's just people looking forward to spring.

Please spring, won't you start already?  Please...

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #10332 on: March 05, 2014, 07:58:13 AM »

Hmmm, Thrifty was permabanned a while back and the religion/politics threads were moved off to their own dungeon just recently, how long ago did you start to notice the change?

Maybe it's just people looking forward to spring.

Please spring, won't you start already?  Please...

Have you seen the meme that says: Stop singing songs from Frozen, you're delaying spring? I had to send it to my sister-in-law and my niece, lol (they live in Florida, so it's extra annoying....they don't understand!! )
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 407
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #10333 on: March 05, 2014, 08:25:45 AM »

That's why I finally decided to come back. Seems like it's back to jokes instead of a cesspool of passive aggression and cynicism.
QuipTracks VS Alone in the Dark is NOW AVAILABLE!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10334 on: March 05, 2014, 08:33:42 AM »

Hmmm, Thrifty was permabanned a while back
Oh is that what happened to him ???
How long ago did this happen? :o