login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789627 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10290 on: March 02, 2014, 10:11:51 AM »
No but it is stupidly so:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aktLRiWXfqg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aktLRiWXfqg</a>

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10291 on: March 02, 2014, 10:13:11 AM »
I liked here better in the Lion King :rimshot:

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5712
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #10292 on: March 02, 2014, 11:25:37 AM »
Is this the Real Housewives of Detroit?

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #10293 on: March 02, 2014, 12:39:43 PM »
There's no thread of it's own yet so I'll post it here:

My dad sells Hormel pretty much all of their packaging equipment, and a lot of their paper products for all of their plants throughout the US.  He has a couple other customers, but the big one is Hormel.  I grew up on spam, and we'd take their beef stew camping because you could boil the plastic containers in a pot.  Spam isn't bad if you mix it with other stuff, but I can't have spam sandwiches anymore.  Had way too many as a kid.

Anyway, I can't wait for my dad to watch the new Rifftrax short.  The movie was made before he was selling them packaging, but I'm sure he's replaced a lot of the packaging machines in that video with newer ones.  I bet he'll get a big kick out it.  Though I doubt his buddies at Hormel would like it.  Mike, Kevin and Bill are a little harsh on Hormel (and rightfully so for the most part.  A lot of their food is pretty generic and awful in my opinion.)

I bet there is a good chance your Dad knows my Dad. He used to manage a company that produced the film (plastic sheets) and sold them to all the major packaging producers in the country including Hormel at some points. I asked him and he told me Hormel packaged a lot of stuff over the years but are most famous for their canned products, and he did not work with any kind of can packaging, only plastic bagged products.

Well shit, he probably does know my dad. What was the name of the company he managed?  Ask him if he remembers Jon Skogh.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #10294 on: March 02, 2014, 12:42:15 PM »
  I grew up on spam, and we'd take their beef stew camping because you could boil the plastic containers in a pot.  Spam isn't bad if you mix it with other stuff, but I can't have spam sandwiches anymore.  Had way too many as a kid.

Well theres a new thread right there.  Variety of Cell's Complete Guide to Spam.  The proper usage of Spam, recipes to use it with, dishes you should never put Spam in and so forth.

My favorite is fried egg noodles and spam (an invention of my own). I can't have that too often any more either because it's greasy as hell, but it's damn tasty.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #10295 on: March 02, 2014, 12:46:26 PM »
  I grew up on spam, and we'd take their beef stew camping because you could boil the plastic containers in a pot.  Spam isn't bad if you mix it with other stuff, but I can't have spam sandwiches anymore.  Had way too many as a kid.

Well theres a new thread right there.  Variety of Cell's Complete Guide to Spam.  The proper usage of Spam, recipes to use it with, dishes you should never put Spam in and so forth.

Can you do Spam, Eggs, Sausage and Spam without the Spam then?

Eeuughh!  (Now that's a tough one to try and do phonetically).

Oh, and my dad watched the video. He loved it. Though I was wrong, he says the guys at hormel have a pretty good sense of humor, and most of them think spam tastes like shit.

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #10296 on: March 02, 2014, 03:04:56 PM »
Leveling a tabletop character 4 levels at once is kind of a pain in the ass. I'll try not to be quite so epic in my future battles. (xp was literally off the chart)

Follow up side note: as of yesterday I can consistently solve the Rubik's without looking at any notes or anything. Rawr! This skill should totally get me laid like all the time now, right?  ???
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:16:06 PM by Malt Dismal »

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #10297 on: March 02, 2014, 03:09:01 PM »
It annoys me when people say "two thousand" when referring to the year. Come on people! We don't have flying cars or holodecks but at least we can say 'twenty' now, come on! Just say 'twenty fourteen' trust me it sounds way cooler. I mean, no one ever said 'Let's party like it's one thousand nine-hundred ninety nine!'  :P

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #10298 on: March 02, 2014, 05:25:45 PM »
There's no thread of it's own yet so I'll post it here:

My dad sells Hormel pretty much all of their packaging equipment, and a lot of their paper products for all of their plants throughout the US.  He has a couple other customers, but the big one is Hormel.  I grew up on spam, and we'd take their beef stew camping because you could boil the plastic containers in a pot.  Spam isn't bad if you mix it with other stuff, but I can't have spam sandwiches anymore.  Had way too many as a kid.

Anyway, I can't wait for my dad to watch the new Rifftrax short.  The movie was made before he was selling them packaging, but I'm sure he's replaced a lot of the packaging machines in that video with newer ones.  I bet he'll get a big kick out it.  Though I doubt his buddies at Hormel would like it.  Mike, Kevin and Bill are a little harsh on Hormel (and rightfully so for the most part.  A lot of their food is pretty generic and awful in my opinion.)

I bet there is a good chance your Dad knows my Dad. He used to manage a company that produced the film (plastic sheets) and sold them to all the major packaging producers in the country including Hormel at some points. I asked him and he told me Hormel packaged a lot of stuff over the years but are most famous for their canned products, and he did not work with any kind of can packaging, only plastic bagged products.

Well shit, he probably does know my dad. What was the name of the company he managed?  Ask him if he remembers Jon Skogh.

He worked for Beamis, but a lot of other companies owned his company over the years including James River, Pechiney  and more. I asked him if he was familiar with your Dad and he said he didn't think so.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10299 on: March 02, 2014, 05:36:27 PM »
It annoys me when people say "two thousand" when referring to the year. Come on people! We don't have flying cars or holodecks but at least we can say 'twenty' now, come on! Just say 'twenty fourteen' trust me it sounds way cooler. I mean, no one ever said 'Let's party like it's one thousand nine-hundred ninety nine!'  :P

It annoys me when people use coherent numbers, instead of the cooler sounding stardate system.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10300 on: March 02, 2014, 07:58:19 PM »

Can you do Spam, Eggs, Sausage and Spam without the Spam then?

Great boobies honeybun, my lower intestine is full of spam, egg, spam, bacon, spam, tomato, spam ...

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #10301 on: March 02, 2014, 08:03:19 PM »
Proper usage of Spam. 

1. Drop unopened can into garbage
2. Take garbage to the curb

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #10302 on: March 02, 2014, 09:39:14 PM »
Proper usage of Spam. 

1. Drop unopened can into garbage
2. Take garbage to the curb

The food shelf picks up from your curb?  That's nice of them. We always had to take our canned goods to them.

You know what helps the flavor of spam?  Canoeing for 7 days in the wilderness, eating mostly freeze dried food. Then spam tastes amazing.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10303 on: March 03, 2014, 07:34:07 AM »
My take on the Oscars..
Didn't watch.. Don't care.. The end :-X

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10304 on: March 03, 2014, 07:48:16 AM »
A bunch of celebrities kissing each others asses and some musical acts I've never heard of nor could couldnt care less about.  Thats a pass for me too.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.