Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1786362 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10170 on: February 19, 2014, 01:42:23 AM »
How the fuck can we know that the people in our dreams have been seen by us at some point in our lives? Are you saying that the brain that can dream up all of the stupid garbage puns and dumb visuals that mine does can't create a person from scratch? I SAY THAT MY BRAIN HAS IMAGINATION, SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY, AND FOOEY TO YOU! FOOEY!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #10171 on: February 19, 2014, 01:48:21 AM »
There are so many theories about dreams (none of which is proven [a few of which can be useful]), that getting upset at any is a waste of energy.

[If people can 'reorganize' places they've seen into wholly new environments, there's no reason they couldn't 'build a person from scratch' from component pieces in my opinion.]

[[Damn I hate typing on this laptop!  Hurts my back, neck, even my legs because its too much of a pain in the ass to move it and its attendant crap elsewhere to use briefly.  So: no computer for me til I get the main one fixed I guess.]]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #10172 on: February 19, 2014, 02:59:17 AM »
I dreamed last night that i beat the crap out of Zach Galifianakis...
I applaud your subconscious.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #10173 on: February 19, 2014, 03:00:06 AM »
I dreamed last night that i beat the crap out of Zach Galifianakis for leaving a door open and my cat getting out.

I woke up saying "No!" because I couldn't find her. There she was on my chest, looking down at me.

"Mao?" she asked.

"Nevermind sweetie. Night-night."

"Mao."
Your cat's name is Mao Se Tung ???

*Gasp!* She's a commie??

Then why am I seeing rudimentary free markets?
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10174 on: February 19, 2014, 06:01:28 AM »
And you were there! And you, and you, and you....

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #10175 on: February 19, 2014, 03:17:54 PM »
Decided to listen to some funk on Spotify.  Strange, I didn't remember "We Are Family" being 24 hours long.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #10176 on: February 19, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »
Hey here's a compromise, instead of listening to funkROCK, why don't we listen to FUNKrock?

FINE

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #10177 on: February 19, 2014, 11:19:23 PM »
I dreamed last night that i beat the crap out of Zach Galifianakis for leaving a door open and my cat getting out.

I woke up saying "No!" because I couldn't find her. There she was on my chest, looking down at me.

"Mao?" she asked.

"Mao."

Our cat Geisel got really vocal later in his life; we nicknamed him "Chairman Meow."
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10178 on: February 20, 2014, 01:58:17 AM »
Didn't QUITE work a 12 hour shift... 11 and a half. No. Never again. At least not for a while. I'm tired, I'm stressed, and I'm ravenous. Apparently all the food I ate wasn't enough energy to get me through the night. I felt extremely lightheaded and like I was going to pass out the entire time, plus I had a horrible headache. The good news, though, is that I did get time and a half for the last 3 and a half,so I made some decent money tonight. And I did survive. But I'm exhausted in ways I didn't know I could be...

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #10179 on: February 20, 2014, 05:36:53 AM »

"Mao?" she asked.

"Mao."

Our cat Geisel got really vocal later in his life; we nicknamed him "Chairman Meow."
And that's also what the actual Chairman's name means, well "Cat" but it's like calling a dog a "woof-woof" or something.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #10180 on: February 20, 2014, 09:58:10 AM »
Hey here's a compromise, instead of listening to funkROCK, why don't we listen to FUNKrock?

I love Stella so much!

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10181 on: February 20, 2014, 09:58:57 AM »
Puked my guts out before bed last night. Fun.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #10182 on: February 20, 2014, 11:49:56 AM »
The other day I was looking at ideas people have had for new calendar structures, and I have to say I'm on board.

The International Fixed Calendar seems pretty cool.  There are 13 months of 28 days (or 4 weeks) each.  That means that every year and every month begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.  The same date will always be on the same day of the week.  We wouldn't ever need to buy new calendars.

The extra month would be in the middle of Summer, and be called Sol.  Since 28 days x 12 months = 364 days, we would be one day short.  This missing day would be taken at the end of the year, and it wouldn't be included in the days of the week or in a month.  In all likelihood it would just be a crazy holiday.  Leap day would be added every 4  years and be treated the same way (but with Leap Day William, I assume).

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10183 on: February 20, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »
The other day I was looking at ideas people have had for new calendar structures, and I have to say I'm on board.

The International Fixed Calendar seems pretty cool.  There are 13 months of 28 days (or 4 weeks) each.  That means that every year and every month begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.  The same date will always be on the same day of the week.  We wouldn't ever need to buy new calendars.

The extra month would be in the middle of Summer, and be called Sol.  Since 28 days x 12 months = 364 days, we would be one day short.  This missing day would be taken at the end of the year, and it wouldn't be included in the days of the week or in a month.  In all likelihood it would just be a crazy holiday.  Leap day would be added every 4  years and be treated the same way (but with Leap Day William, I assume).
Wait a minute! ... Leap Day would fall on my birthday June 17 :o
Does that mean I wouldn't age like the rest of you anymore ???

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #10184 on: February 20, 2014, 07:02:06 PM »
URLy to bed, and URLy to rise . . .

. . . makes a man really sick of the internet.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects