login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789080 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10140 on: February 16, 2014, 09:40:10 AM »
 Oh Alexander, you little plot device....

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10141 on: February 16, 2014, 10:22:05 AM »
Wow, while doing other things the actual quotes from Worf popped into my head:

A warrior's strength comes from his heart.
The true test of a warrior comes from within.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4646
« Reply #10142 on: February 16, 2014, 12:19:19 PM »
I'm thinking about creating a cartoon with a swashbuckling pomegranate . . .

. . . I'd have it star Aril Flynn.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10143 on: February 16, 2014, 03:32:13 PM »
Yesterday at the grocery store, I was buying food for the week, and picked up stuff for pasta. Being the lazy lady I am, instead of making my own pasta sauce, I went searching for a jar. While browsing the sauces, I came upon a jar called "Sockarooni", It contained "Peppers, Spices, the whole Shebang!" I was intrigued by this bizarre sauce, so I picked it. Tonight, I'm making rotini and meatballs, using Sockarooni. I will let you know how it tastes. Also, the salad I made was delicious.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #10144 on: February 16, 2014, 03:37:14 PM »
Yesterday at the grocery store, I was buying food for the week, and picked up stuff for pasta. Being the lazy lady I am, instead of making my own pasta sauce, I went searching for a jar. While browsing the sauces, I came upon a jar called "Sockarooni", It contained "Peppers, Spices, the whole Shebang!" I was intrigued by this bizarre sauce, so I picked it. Tonight, I'm making rotini and meatballs, using Sockarooni. I will let you know how it tastes. Also, the salad I made was delicious.

Oh yeah, I guess some people do make their own pasta sauce.  I've never considered that as an option before, so I've never thought of buying a jar as lazy.  I've even made my own pasta (some gnocchi that turned out pretty good), but I didn't think twice about making my own sauce. 

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10145 on: February 16, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »
Sockarooni was delicious.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #10146 on: February 16, 2014, 04:58:05 PM »
Yeah even in Italy nobody makes their own pasta or sauce, except on special occasions, I generally make my own sauce but I worked in bistros and the like, there's nothing wrong with buying sauce.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10147 on: February 16, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »
My mom and her family never bought sauce.  It's only been in the last decade that I've found some brands that are acceptable....

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10148 on: February 16, 2014, 05:30:47 PM »
I sometimes use a bottled sauce as a base to build my own sauce on. But overall I prefer my own. I'll brew up a large batch in my 5 quart crock pot and then portion it into freezer bags.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #10149 on: February 16, 2014, 05:33:39 PM »
We used to make most of our sauces from scratch. Then, when the baby came along, we opted for convenience.

Getting much more into cooking things from scratch again though. We bought a Thermomix (weirdly not a thing in the US, but you probably have something that is somewhat similar?) and it makes cooking meals really quick and easy.

I made a lamb and mushroom curry from scratch last night.
FINE

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10150 on: February 16, 2014, 06:37:16 PM »
We used to make most of our sauces from scratch. Then, when the baby came along, we opted for convenience.

Getting much more into cooking things from scratch again though. We bought a Thermomix (weirdly not a thing in the US, but you probably have something that is somewhat similar?) and it makes cooking meals really quick and easy.

Blargh! Your weird alien Aussie website cause my Firefox to lock up and I dropped a customer!

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #10151 on: February 16, 2014, 07:00:40 PM »

Blargh! Your weird alien Aussie website cause my Firefox to lock up and I dropped a customer!

Weird!

Maybe it was trying to shuttle you a different country's Thermomix site?
FINE

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10152 on: February 16, 2014, 07:37:31 PM »

Weird!

Maybe it was trying to shuttle you a different country's Thermomix site?

It still showed an .au url.

I'm not upset. Customer was being whiney anyway.

"Whaagh! I want compensation because my item was rescheduled due to a snow storm and I don't care if delivery guys are risking their lives on icy roads to get me my crap! Waaagh!"

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10153 on: February 16, 2014, 08:04:19 PM »
"Whaagh! I want compensation because my item was rescheduled due to a snow storm and I don't care if delivery guys are risking their lives on icy roads to get me my crap! Waaagh!"

Hope their stuff wasn't in the Amazon warehouse near Allentown that got shut down because the roof was about to cave in.  Haven't heard if they reopened that yet after clearing the snow off the roof, the township was going to keep it closed until it got a safety inspection.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10154 on: February 16, 2014, 09:39:40 PM »

Hope their stuff wasn't in the Amazon warehouse near Allentown that got shut down because the roof was about to cave in.  Haven't heard if they reopened that yet after clearing the snow off the roof, the township was going to keep it closed until it got a safety inspection.
YEAH THANKS SNOWBAMA!!