login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791860 times)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10020 on: January 31, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »
Honestly, if I got a job at another TV company, I would be happy to have TV. I like Sports!

Also, the Oscars.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10021 on: January 31, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »
I want to take the plunge and cancel DirecTV.  I already have netflix, hulu+, and amazon prime....I'm just scared.  I need some words of encouragement.

The roommate and I have promised to take the DVRs back down to Comcast and just go internet for like 3 years now. It's kind of a sore spot with me because I hardly watch anything, but he's an internet newb and all his sports and hunting shows are right there.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #10022 on: January 31, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
There are a few things I would miss...Daily Show and Colbert as soon as it comes out.  Jeopardy.  Big events like the Oscars.

There is a service offered in my area called Aereo.  It records your local TV and lets you watch it online.  I just signed up to try it out.  It's $8/month.

New episodes of some cable shows will be a pain to miss.  I guess I'll just have to do a lot of torrenting for those.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10023 on: January 31, 2014, 03:32:14 PM »
There are a few things I would miss...Daily Show and Colbert as soon as it comes out.  Jeopardy.  Big events like the Oscars.

There is a service offered in my area called Aereo.  It records your local TV and lets you watch it online.  I just signed up to try it out.  It's $8/month.

New episodes of some cable shows will be a pain to miss.  I guess I'll just have to do a lot of torrenting for those.
Yeah the wife has been looking into something similar but she wants to watch her Spanish channels and so far she's mixed on the idea, but $8 compared to over $50 per month ain't bad :o

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #10024 on: January 31, 2014, 03:34:59 PM »
I'm paying $130/month right now.  $10 for each room, $10 for HD, $10 for DVR, $15 for HBO.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #10025 on: January 31, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »
I'm paying $130/month right now.  $10 for each room, $10 for HD, $10 for DVR, $15 for HBO.
:speechless:

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10026 on: January 31, 2014, 03:44:15 PM »
There are a few things I would miss...Daily Show and Colbert as soon as it comes out.

When I dropped down to limited basic cable I felt the same, but it's pretty easy to just get in the habit of watching online the next evening.

That is supposed to go live in Philly soon, I'm debating if I should get it and drop even my limited basic cable where I only get the locals.  Only issue is there are a ton of court cases against Aereo and if the big networks win Aereo will have to shut down.

I just buy season passes for the few I like on Amazon VOD, I only like about a half dozen shows so basically the cost of one month of regular cable covers buying all of those.  I'd rather support the few shows I like than find a way to get them for free.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10027 on: January 31, 2014, 03:59:05 PM »
I like how the Weather Channel seems convinced that Colorado Springs isn't getting more than an inch of snow. Pretty sure we're at about an inch and a half today, and the snow is coming down fast and thick...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #10028 on: January 31, 2014, 04:04:54 PM »
I like how the Weather Channel seems convinced that Colorado Springs isn't getting more than an inch of snow. Pretty sure we're at about an inch and a half today, and the snow is coming down fast and thick...
Well they had a problem predicting their own weather as of late so I wouldn't rely on them being very accurate around your locale :o

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10029 on: January 31, 2014, 04:07:13 PM »
I keep having dreams about eluding capture by the police.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #10030 on: January 31, 2014, 04:08:26 PM »
Just get one of those Amazon drones 8)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10031 on: January 31, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
Last night I dreamed I escaped capture GTA style and then tried to fake my way into Canada. BUT THEY WOULDN'T LET ME IN! I was stuck in a waiting room for the last half. Car all banged up and smoking. Very anti-climatic in lieu of the chase sequence.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #10032 on: January 31, 2014, 04:16:48 PM »
Last night I dreamed I escaped capture GTA style and then tried to fake my way into Canada. BUT THEY WOULDN'T LET ME IN! I was stuck in a waiting room for the last half. Car all banged up and smoking. Very anti-climatic in lieu of the chase sequence.
Next time get either a Rob Ford or Justin Bieber mask.
They'll let you in then :P

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #10033 on: January 31, 2014, 06:59:00 PM »
First time I've ever heard of a DREAM suffering from budget cuts.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #10034 on: February 01, 2014, 11:08:54 AM »

I often have dreams about robbing banks, THANKS PAYDAY!. But really, I've always had a fantasy of pulling of heists and I think I would be really good at it but my conscience couldn't take it. If I ever did something like that I'd end up bringing all the money back, crying, and begging for forgiveness then turning myself in to the police.