login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1785280 times)

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9870 on: January 11, 2014, 11:20:16 AM »
I didn't watch Dexter while it was on.  Didn't think I'd be interested. 

Decided to check it out on Netflix.  8 episodes in, and I'm addicted, despite predicting three plot twists already.

Just make sure you bail after the end of season 4.
Wow, half of the series is crap?  That's a shame.

There are some decent moments in 5 and 6, but neither season has an ending that would serve well as a capstone for the series, the way season 4's would. As for the actual series finale, it's unwatchable.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #9871 on: January 11, 2014, 12:04:46 PM »
I would not leave my tablet lying around at the gym. If I could leave my phone or whatever in my locker and listen to Bluetooth that would be the BOMB!

Standard metal lockers would block any radio, they would have to be made out of wood or plastic to let radio signals through.  Bluetooth also has limited range, so even if the lockers allowed the signal to escape they would have to be in the same room as the equipment (or maybe one room away for the most powerful bluetooth).

Darn. Well it was a good dream.

If you don't have some, you could buy some old sweat pants or a hoodie (from a resale shop), make them look dirty and sweaty and - while in the locker room when no one was around - stick the tablet in there and turn on whatever music you wanted while still 'hidden'.  Then, when you were out working out, it would be nearby and playing, but it would be less likely for people to touch the sweat pants or hoodie that looked actively used, so less likely you'd lose it. :)

[Edited just to add the smiley at the end.]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:17:48 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #9872 on: January 11, 2014, 02:09:54 PM »
Keepin it classy!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9873 on: January 11, 2014, 02:13:40 PM »
Protip: if you're REALLY introverted, as I am, call centers are incredibly exhausting. I haven't felt this drained in a LONG time, and I don't get any time off till Wednesday. :gouge:

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9874 on: January 11, 2014, 04:07:36 PM »
Was watching Sherlock series two and just realized that the two actually fight each other in the Hobbit.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9875 on: January 11, 2014, 05:45:11 PM »
Was watching Sherlock series two and just realized that the two actually fight each other in the Hobbit.

That's why the line "We could be friends, if circumstances were different" (it was something like that) is hilarious.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #9876 on: January 11, 2014, 05:49:27 PM »

That's why the line "We could be friends, if circumstances were different" (it was something like that) is hilarious.

from star trek? ???
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #9877 on: January 11, 2014, 05:52:02 PM »
From The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. It was a really out of place line.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #9878 on: January 11, 2014, 07:08:16 PM »
The first few cuts off Juno Reactor's 2013 CD The Golden Sun of the Great East could easily work as part of an updated Blade Runner soundtrack (not that there's anything wrong with Vangelis' work, just this kinda' reminds me of it).
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #9879 on: January 12, 2014, 05:46:57 PM »
look, I get it; despite my intelligence, no one will never understand why I like the Twilight movies, but I do.

So, when I say that Breaking Down part 2 was REALLY FUCKING STUPID, you should listen, because neither my intelligence or childlike faith excuses that piece o shite.

I am going to watch Paul.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9880 on: January 12, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »
But Breaking Dawn Part two was HILARIOUS! K-Stew got to try to act like she was thinking about orgasming and Dakota Fanning got eaten by a wolf. What's not to like about that?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #9881 on: January 12, 2014, 05:56:42 PM »
Until they pulled that "it was all a dream" bullshit!  That pissed me off, those shitty characters needed to die!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2640
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9882 on: January 14, 2014, 06:14:51 PM »
Cheap water resistant watch + little suction cup hooks = shower clock!

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #9883 on: January 14, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »
Cheap water resistant watch + little suction cup hooks = shower clock!

Great Idea! I have a Cheerwine clock in my bathroom that fogs up after a hot shower but your idea is pretty cool! :o

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #9884 on: January 14, 2014, 07:21:32 PM »
Would that prevent it from fogging up, though? Just because it's waterproof, that just weans water can't get into it.