login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1787644 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9795 on: January 04, 2014, 12:08:49 PM »
15 is inaccurate.  "Y'all" is always plural.  "All y'all" is redundant.  You will never hear an individual addressed as "y'all."  Unless the individual is large enough to be mistaken for multiple people...
I can see that.. :o

You mean 21 isn't true in the north?  ;)
Depends.. Deer, Moose, Reindeer :P

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2644
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9796 on: January 04, 2014, 02:35:47 PM »
You mean 21 isn't true in the north?  ;)
Depends.. Deer, Moose, Reindeer :P

Not sure if it's still true but a lot of towns in central and northern PA would close schools on opening day of deer season.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #9797 on: January 04, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »
huh. did the woo thread disappear?

anyway, first date tomorrow night:

dF = 0
d*F = J

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #9798 on: January 04, 2014, 02:46:11 PM »
huh. did the woo thread disappear?
Well That Sux :grr:

I started a new one here..
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=28215.0

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9799 on: January 05, 2014, 04:46:05 AM »
So you have the ability to destroy not just the entire thread, but everyone else's contribution to that thread?

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #9800 on: January 05, 2014, 05:44:14 AM »
So you have the ability to destroy not just the entire thread, but everyone else's contribution to that thread?
It seems a lot of power for a forum member who is not a moderator.  Deleting your own stuff is kinda dumb in most instances, but deleting other peoples' contributions is simply wrong.  We've seen it done rather cavalierly twice in the last few weeks.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #9801 on: January 05, 2014, 07:22:25 AM »
Your avatar is really freaking me out man  :speechless:

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4643
« Reply #9802 on: January 05, 2014, 11:44:47 AM »
It seems a lot of power for a forum member who is not a moderator.  Deleting your own stuff is kinda dumb in most instances, but deleting other peoples' contributions is simply wrong.  We've seen it done rather cavalierly twice in the last few weeks.

I agree it is too much power for a non-moderator.  But I'm not sure deleting others' posts is done deliberately.  [Which thread was the other one that disappeared?  All I was aware of was yesterday's "WWWOOO!!!" thread.]

I don't know this for sure, but the problem may be that I don't think there would be any type of warning that if you delete the first post in a thread that the entire thread will disappear: all posts by everyone.  So if one is trying to eliminate their past comments for whatever reason, it may not be possible to know in advance that everyone else's subsequent comments will disappear as well (i.e. it may just say the usual, "are you sure you want to delete your post?").  It certainly wouldn't seem intuitive that everything coming later in the thread would disappear, because if one's comments in the middle of a thread are quoted in a future comment by someone else, even if you delete the original post you wrote, the later quoted stuff remains.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4643
« Reply #9803 on: January 05, 2014, 11:48:12 AM »
It's so funny how we don't talk anymore.

['Like'd because of the irony involved in clicking a button to agree with the comment ;) (though I also agree with the comment).]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9804 on: January 05, 2014, 11:49:12 AM »
Your avatar is really freaking me out man  :speechless:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9805 on: January 05, 2014, 11:51:59 AM »
"Y'all" is always plural. 
I've been referred to as "y'all" when sitting alone in a restaurant by the waitress.

Offline Nobody

« Reply #9806 on: January 05, 2014, 12:05:22 PM »
It's so funny how we don't talk anymore.

['Like'd because of the irony involved in clicking a button to agree with the comment ;) (though I also agree with the comment).]
It's also an old song lyric.  I heard it recently and found it to be true a true statement on a number of levels.

Offline Nobody

« Reply #9807 on: January 05, 2014, 12:08:41 PM »
[Which thread was the other one that disappeared?  All I was aware of was yesterday's "WWWOOO!!!" thread.]
Tripe's "Politics As Usual" thread.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9808 on: January 05, 2014, 01:22:06 PM »
Just tried an experiment: I deleted the (1 page only) "Christmas RAAARGH" thread. While my post count went down, the "number of likes" remained the same.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #9809 on: January 05, 2014, 02:17:11 PM »
Just tried an experiment: I deleted the (1 page only) "Christmas RAAARGH" thread. While my post count went down, the "number of likes" remained the same.

So we can have ghost likes?  Likes from posts long since deleted from this mortal coil?  Creepy...