Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1786413 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9645 on: December 20, 2013, 05:37:46 AM »
bawf nawdle zouse!
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #9646 on: December 20, 2013, 07:12:00 AM »
bawf nawdle zouse!

With all those marbles in your mouth?

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9647 on: December 20, 2013, 07:45:58 AM »

"I Judge you all!!! I am the law!!!!"

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9648 on: December 20, 2013, 07:53:40 AM »
I'm in your Amazon accounts, judging your movie selections.  8)

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #9649 on: December 20, 2013, 07:59:10 AM »
My amazon recommendations look pretty bad since my last four purchases were The Room, Dragon Wars: D-War, Dune, and Starship Troopers.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #9650 on: December 20, 2013, 09:49:07 AM »
I'm in your Amazon accounts, judging your movie selections.  8)

ooo.. can you tell me when the doctor who seasons i've got in my basket will go off sale? every morning my cursor hovers over the "proceed to checkout" button before i decide i have a bit of willpower left.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #9651 on: December 20, 2013, 09:56:11 AM »
It will end the day you run out of willpower.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #9652 on: December 20, 2013, 10:06:36 AM »
It will end the day before you run out of willpower.

Fixed it. ;D

So gofly, just go ahead and get it/them. :)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3177
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #9653 on: December 20, 2013, 11:49:07 AM »
Why do they always run these "Year in review" things in mid-December? Don't count 2013 out yet! What if we make first contact with an advanced alien race on December 30th? Future generations will look back at our "Year in Review" specials and think it never happened!

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #9654 on: December 20, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »
Why do they always run these "Year in review" things in mid-December? Don't count 2013 out yet! What if we make first contact with an advanced alien race on December 30th? Future generations will look back at our "Year in Review" specials and think it never happened!

The movie lists bug me the most. They're always filled with last-second year-end releases (put out just in time for awards consideration, of course) that I won't have a chance to see for weeks. I can't even form a rebuttal to it all until the start of January, which just cuts me out of the conversation entirely.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9655 on: December 20, 2013, 03:24:23 PM »
Is it just me, or is there an element of the faces of both Jennifer Laurence and Cate Blanchett that seems almost...."unfinished". I can't put the exact feeling into words, but does anyone know what I might be talking about?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #9656 on: December 20, 2013, 05:57:22 PM »

Cate Blanchet looks like she is in the middle of morphing into a man.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #9657 on: December 20, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »
Is it just me, or is there an element of the faces of both Jennifer Laurence and Cate Blanchett that seems almost...."unfinished". I can't put the exact feeling into words, but does anyone know what I might be talking about?

Yeah.  To me it looks as if they have 'artificially enhanced' their emotions, as in, they aren't quite feeling the intensity that is showing on their faces.  With Jennifer Laurence it appears more 'shock-based' (like, 'I can't believe this, but can't appear less than really happy' [or possibly, 'look: I emoted for you when they announced my name and I did my acceptance, I don't have anything left']), with Cate Blanchett it appears more that she just isn't feeling like smiling (not that she's unhappy, just not feeling jubilant).  That'd be my guess.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:07:03 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9658 on: December 21, 2013, 02:27:04 PM »
Protip: If your boss tells you that it's not OK to swear on the job, or to use you phones, have them out or even on, DON'T DO THOSE THINGS. One of the major causes for loss of employment at Xerox is the phone thing, because it's part of the contract with Verizon. Swearing is ALSO a big no-no, because for every vulgarity that's heard by the customer, we get a 50k fine, and those mics are sensitive.  I'd been ignoring the vulgarity all week. I hadn't been cussing, but the two guys who sit next to me talk all the time, dropping "f***" and "s***" into conversations, almost every other sentence. It was annoying me, because even though I use those words on a frequent basis, they're against the rules. Then today, they were talking about football, and someone near them mentioned that they liked the Packers. One of those guys said, "Oh, you mean the Green Bay F*ggots? The Green Bay Fudge Packers?"

Like I said, I can ignore them ignoring company policy to an extent, but this word is a hot button for me, and my uncle called me fudge packer repeatedly when I came out the first time. It may not have been used against me, but I'm not going to tolerate EITHER of those things being said around me.

It really sucked, too, because it set the tone for me for the last hour and a half of class, and since I was so on edge about it, I ended up snapping at my friend. I apologized to her and explained the situation, but I'm still annoyed. And then I got "sir"ed by the temporary teacher to my face, which annoyed the hell out of me. It was a really shitty end to a decent week. I was feeling significantly better about the job, too.

On the plus side, I can knit really quickly when I'm frustrated, so I added about 18 inches to my scarf today. :)

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #9659 on: December 21, 2013, 09:35:12 PM »
Protip: If your boss tells you that it's not OK to swear on the job, or to use you phones, have them out or even on, DON'T DO THOSE THINGS. One of the major causes for loss of employment at Xerox is the phone thing, because it's part of the contract with Verizon. Swearing is ALSO a big no-no, because for every vulgarity that's heard by the customer, we get a 50k fine, and those mics are sensitive.  I'd been ignoring the vulgarity all week. I hadn't been cussing, but the two guys who sit next to me talk all the time, dropping "f***" and "s***" into conversations, almost every other sentence. It was annoying me, because even though I use those words on a frequent basis, they're against the rules. Then today, they were talking about football, and someone near them mentioned that they liked the Packers. One of those guys said, "Oh, you mean the Green Bay F*ggots? The Green Bay Fudge Packers?"

Like I said, I can ignore them ignoring company policy to an extent, but this word is a hot button for me, and my uncle called me fudge packer repeatedly when I came out the first time. It may not have been used against me, but I'm not going to tolerate EITHER of those things being said around me
Yes, and I'm sure when you get pushed completely over the edge, you'll write a very long aggravated post here followed by absolutely nothing there.