login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1790649 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9615 on: December 18, 2013, 07:06:25 PM »
I promise I will only use my powers for evil once or maybe twice a month.

I feel like that was the best we could have hoped for.
FINE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #9616 on: December 18, 2013, 08:47:14 PM »
Finished making a website for my wedding.  Should prevent me from explaining complicated hotel arrangements numerous times. 

If you ever need to make a nice looking website quickly, I highly recommend Squarespace.  Very easy to use, and allows enough customization for me to make the website my own.  And like I said, it's fast.  Only took me two days to throw up a 9 page site complete with guestbook, contact form, and an integrated google map.

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #9617 on: December 18, 2013, 09:37:34 PM »
I rather liked "Cars".  If you don't think about the implausibility of the universe, and get past whatever knee jerk hatred for NASCAR you might have, it's just a harmless little story about nostalgia.

Now, "Cars 2" was idiocy.  The bad guy was the oil company.  Oil is basically like blood for an anthropomorphised car, isn't it?  Also, they made Mater the key character, which is the worst idea Pixar has made yet.  Worse than Wall-E.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #9618 on: December 18, 2013, 09:48:11 PM »
I rather liked "Cars".  If you don't think about the implausibility of the universe, and get past whatever knee jerk hatred for NASCAR you might have, it's just a harmless little story about nostalgia.

Now, "Cars 2" was idiocy.  The bad guy was the oil company.  Oil is basically like blood for an anthropomorphised car, isn't it?  Also, they made Mater the key character, which is the worst idea Pixar has made yet.  Worse than Wall-E.

I didn't hate Cars, it just happens to be my least favorite Pixar movie I've seen, which puts it at the bottom of a list of pretty good to great movies.  I never got around to seeing Cars 2 based on reviews I heard and a general disinterest in Mater as a major character.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9619 on: December 18, 2013, 10:34:56 PM »
Teaching yourself to knit is really, really hard.  :angry: :angry: :angry:

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4649
« Reply #9620 on: December 19, 2013, 11:38:37 AM »
Teaching yourself to knit is really, really hard.  :angry: :angry: :angry:

To do so, you'd have to be a real knit-wit. :)

[But seriously, good luck with it.  I presume you're trying to do so from looking at a book or something?  Maybe some videos on YouTube might help with the 3-dimensionality of it?]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 11:59:29 AM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9621 on: December 19, 2013, 02:32:01 PM »
How do they reproduce?  Is it a crank shaft to tailpipe thing or is there some automatic assembly-line that builds each life?  Who built the automotive plant? 

Is Henry Ford God?

Why are there sidewalks, human-sized doors and balconies?  Why are there houses to begin with?  Why aren’t there just garages for all the vehicles?

With Cars 2, they introduced humanistic planes.  And, weirder still, cars ride inside these planes.  Does this mean that there are other forms of transportation alive?

Are there living boats and trains?  Do cars ride on those, too? Are cars the predominant life form on their planet and all others serve them?

There are cow-like tractors in the first Cars movie.  Does this mean that cars eat them?  Are their other non-sentient living vehicles on the planet?  Would a car have a pet bicycle?

What do they do all day?  I know there are race cars and cars that sell car-related merchandise, but are there cars that work in an office?  How about a deli or would that just be a gas station?

Since cars don’t have opposable  thumbs or even hands, how do they build stuff?  I mean looking around the Cars world there are lots of things that would seem to involve detailed construction, so how do they make small objects?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #9622 on: December 19, 2013, 02:56:58 PM »
A planet where cars evolved from people??  Its a maaaadhouse!  Maaaaaaaad house!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #9623 on: December 19, 2013, 03:43:34 PM »
How do they reproduce?  Is it a crank shaft to tailpipe thing or is there some automatic assembly-line that builds each life?  Who built the automotive plant? 

Is Henry Ford God?

Why are there sidewalks, human-sized doors and balconies?  Why are there houses to begin with?  Why aren’t there just garages for all the vehicles?

With Cars 2, they introduced humanistic planes.  And, weirder still, cars ride inside these planes.  Does this mean that there are other forms of transportation alive?

Are there living boats and trains?  Do cars ride on those, too? Are cars the predominant life form on their planet and all others serve them?

There are cow-like tractors in the first Cars movie.  Does this mean that cars eat them?  Are their other non-sentient living vehicles on the planet?  Would a car have a pet bicycle?

What do they do all day?  I know there are race cars and cars that sell car-related merchandise, but are there cars that work in an office?  How about a deli or would that just be a gas station?

Since cars don’t have opposable  thumbs or even hands, how do they build stuff?  I mean looking around the Cars world there are lots of things that would seem to involve detailed construction, so how do they make small objects?

Sounds like there's lots of room for sequels.
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4649
« Reply #9624 on: December 19, 2013, 06:16:27 PM »

Is Henry Ford God?

Sounds like there's lots of room for sequels.

Yes, some really dark . . . dark sequels. >:D   [A prisoner who incorporates parts of other cars into his own engine who insists on talking to only one investigative agent - Silence of the Go-Karts - springs to mind.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9625 on: December 19, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »
Repeat to yourself "it's just a show movie, I should really just relax."

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #9626 on: December 19, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »
So if Tom Servos head is clear, why does it show in the theater!?

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9627 on: December 19, 2013, 07:25:39 PM »
Diffraction [try it]. Next question.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #9628 on: December 19, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow!?

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #9629 on: December 19, 2013, 07:33:46 PM »
I've wondered if they used the clear head in the theater and didn't like the way it looked, or if the black-painted head was always used...