Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1785212 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9435 on: November 25, 2013, 08:07:24 PM »
Sure I love the rain.  But it loses a lot of charm when it's windy and 36 degrees.

Do you like Pina Coladas?
For the last time, I will not go with you and escape.

Oh come on! I'm not into yoga, and I have at least half a brain.

Would you keep it down?  You just woke me up at midnight...oh well I don't mind that.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #9436 on: November 25, 2013, 08:13:48 PM »
Sure I love the rain.  But it loses a lot of charm when it's windy and 36 degrees.

Do you like Pina Coladas?
For the last time, I will not go with you and escape.

Oh come on! I'm not into yoga, and I have at least half a brain.

Would you keep it down?  You just woke me up at midnight...oh well I don't mind that.
Listen, I know the Cape is beautiful this time of year, but I've had enough bad experiences involving the word "Dune" for one lifetime.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #9437 on: November 25, 2013, 08:15:23 PM »
Did someone say DUNE ???

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #9438 on: November 25, 2013, 08:19:36 PM »
Saw this today:

And it really ticks me off. I have a condition like Dyslexia and the issues that it caused me were not based on how society perceived me, they were based on the fact that I had unusual neuro-cognative functioning and it was genuine problem.

Being told I was special and shite like that didn't help alleviate the issues, I wasn't some fecking wonder child who was just to special to function, occupational and other therapies did.

I realize that whoever creates crap like this is well intentioned but it's just patronizing bollocks.

Your neuro-cognative function issue is not the problem, taking something seriously that some dip-shit put on the internet is the problem.
No, it's not the image itself but the attitude behind it, and that;'s something I'm familiar with in the world that doesn't involve the internet at all.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9439 on: November 25, 2013, 08:24:27 PM »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #9441 on: November 26, 2013, 05:17:35 AM »
You find it that exciting eh?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #9442 on: November 26, 2013, 05:41:33 AM »
You find it that exciting eh?
Oh DO I!! :-X

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #9443 on: November 26, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »
Every retail job I've ever applied for has said right on the application that you need a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, AND holidays. So I find it odd that people are making such a huge deal about having to work on Thanksgiving. Yea, it sucks, but did you really not expect them to follow through on that? And why isn't there a bigger facebook campaign to close gas stations on holidays? And what about my job? Can't everyone just wait an extra day for their mail?

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #9444 on: November 26, 2013, 02:33:41 PM »
I disagree with Black Friday shopping moving to TG, but I never go shopping on Black Friday anyway.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9445 on: November 26, 2013, 03:06:35 PM »
The earliest episodes are pretty insufferable. It's interesting to see from a fan stanpoint where they developed their technique, but it's like a "making of" DVD extra that you only ever watch once.

Totally with you on that. Once they dumped "J Elvis Weinstein", things got a lot better.

Which is odd because he is/was hilarious on Cinematic Titanic.
Never got into CT at all: it just seemed to be so equal-opportunity-for-the-gags that it was stilted.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #9446 on: November 26, 2013, 04:42:54 PM »
I disagree with Black Friday shopping moving to TG, but I never go shopping on Black Friday anyway.
I hate it on the simple principal that Black Friday should not happen on Thursday.  They call it Black Friday for a reason.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #9447 on: November 26, 2013, 05:28:05 PM »
For those who can't get away from red meat even for one day, I've decided to market a beast to compete with the Thanksgiving Turducken.  Since it would require slow roasting like a turkey, it should fit right into the average Thanksgiving cook's timetable.  It will have a hen wrapped in a cow's superficial and deep pectorals...

...I'll call it: "Chicken in a Brisket".
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #9448 on: November 26, 2013, 05:48:28 PM »

Agreed.  I rarely shop in brick-and-mortar stores at all (except for groceries).  But to add the stresses and pressures of 'doorbuster' sales on a day that - for the many people who are already stressed by getting together with large groups of family for Thanksgiving - is just cruel.

And since there are massive amounts of both Thanksgiving prep and 'present shopping' that still fall to females (despite the majority of married females working just as many hours as their husbands outside of the home, while still doing most childcare) also makes it single out one gender for more stress at the holidays than the other.

Allow one friggin' holiday to finish before the next starts.  Is it that fuckin' difficult?
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9449 on: November 27, 2013, 09:31:31 AM »
I'm going to put that I was Time Magazine's Person of the Year in 2006 on my resume.