login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1786460 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9390 on: November 24, 2013, 12:46:09 AM »
Since moving to Houston I've noticed that the only people who seem to have a recognizable Texas accent are at least 50 years old.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9391 on: November 24, 2013, 08:07:24 AM »
50 years is a long time. Although his time in office was tragically cut short, he is now remembered for the good he did, rather than the controversy that surrounded him at the time with his brutal military intervention. Some have chosen to forget his shortcomings rather than face up to them, but I know that many will just remember him as a hero.

We miss you, John Hurt.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #9392 on: November 24, 2013, 08:11:09 AM »
my eye caught the words "john hurt" and i had to close the window immediately. another thread i'll have to avoid until tuesday. >:(
dF = 0
d*F = J

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9393 on: November 24, 2013, 08:51:28 AM »
Jesus had two dads. Of course, he did get crucified for religious treason, so maybe that's an argument against gays getting married.

Thinking about this, though, they weren't married, so I guess it means all guys should marry guys.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:11:50 AM by Quantum Vagina »

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #9394 on: November 24, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »
I am a little late to the party, but if someone was offended by QVs remarks, she has a right to say them because it was her random thought.

Im pointed this out to me when I was upset in the past, so I am bringing it up again.

Also, I see nothing wrong with what QV said about accents, and I understand what it's like to have to learn how to curb your reactions to things so you can be inline with the majority of society.

Also, also, I like accents. All of them.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #9395 on: November 24, 2013, 09:18:57 AM »
Also, also, I like accents. All of them.

How about neon green accent walls?

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9396 on: November 24, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »
She absolutely does have a right to that opinion, no argument there. Just as the rest of us have the right to think it's a pig-ignorant one on multiple levels. :)

How the hell is it ignorant?

You know what, nevermind. I don't want to know how you think my saying that I overreact to British people because I think they sound rude and condescending from time to time is ignorant, because I'm sure it's complete and utter bullshit.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:09:36 AM by Quantum Vagina »

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9397 on: November 24, 2013, 01:42:10 PM »
We miss you, John Hurt.

I don't. That bastard cost me $40.00 back in 1987 when I bet a shipmate that wasn't him as the first chestburster victim in Alien. I said "No way a prestigious actor like John Hurt would be in a sci-fi movie!".

Screw that squinty eyed bastard.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #9398 on: November 24, 2013, 02:39:34 PM »
She absolutely does have a right to that opinion, no argument there. Just as the rest of us have the right to think it's a pig-ignorant one on multiple levels. :)

You know what, nevermind. I don't want to know how you think my saying that I overreact to British people because I think they sound rude and condescending from time to time is ignorant, because I'm sure it's complete and utter bullshit.
You're such a crybaby.  Would you just grow a spine and learn to take criticism without completely falling apart?

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9399 on: November 24, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »

You're such a crybaby.  Would you just grow a spine and learn to take criticism without completely falling apart?
I can take criticism. But there's a complete difference to being criticized and being called "pig headed" and "ignorant".

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9400 on: November 24, 2013, 03:47:54 PM »
This will be my last post on the subject. I think everything has gotten blown heavily out of proportion, and I'm going to attempt to clarify my stance one last time before I'm done with it.

FIRST OFF: I am well aware, and HAVE been well aware that it's a failing on MY part that I often times hear British accents, when speaking ill of something, as condescending and mean outside the norms. I've admitted this several times, as well as pointing out that it's not a voluntary reaction, and that I know that it's wrong for me to do so. I've known this for a LONG time, and have been trying to correct it. Ingrained habits are a hard thing to get rid of, and this is no different.

I am NOT saying that Brits sound that way all the time. If that's what came across, I apologize. It was never my intention to aggravate anyone. I thought I was being as tactful as I could, I specifically mentioned NO ONE, and mentioned specific situations that set off that reaction in ME.

At the same time, I feel like whereas I was attempting to be general and non-confrontational about it towards anyone, several names and terms got thrown at me, including prejudiced, ignorant, and pig headed. These terms were aimed specifically at ME, and no one else, by several people I considered friends. I honestly feel like these were reactionary attacks brought about by poor wording choices on MY part, but they were still attacks and meant to hurt nonetheless. I also feel that I was being told repeatedly that what I was doing was wrong, even after I had said that I agreed, which was unnecessary. No "As long as you understand that"'s.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #9401 on: November 24, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9402 on: November 24, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »
I hate clowns with their capering, cavorting, and creepy facepaint. They come off as so damn silly.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #9403 on: November 24, 2013, 06:15:12 PM »
I'll always know him as the voice of Aragorn in the Bakshi LOTR movie.
He's The Storyteller.

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #9404 on: November 24, 2013, 06:16:32 PM »
I'll always know him as the voice of Aragorn in the Bakshi LOTR movie.
He's The Storyteller.

AND THAT'S ALL HE'LL EVER BE!
FINE