Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1807488 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9360 on: November 21, 2013, 01:00:15 PM »
I will never go on another damn plane again.
I wouldn't put a wager on that..  :o

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9361 on: November 21, 2013, 01:01:29 PM »
Gay people should have a huge boost of self confidence that Republicans seem to think that they can destroy a country.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #9362 on: November 21, 2013, 07:54:53 PM »
Gay people should have a huge boost of self confidence that Republicans seem to think that they can destroy a country.

Yeah, they're apparently extremely powerful.  It makes me wonder why they've been waiting so long to pull the trigger on that.  It's the waiting I can't stand.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9363 on: November 22, 2013, 07:05:38 AM »

Yeah, they're apparently extremely powerful.  It makes me wonder why they've been waiting so long to pull the trigger on that.  It's the waiting I can't stand.
I'm astounded nobody's marketing a "Gay Agenda": just a big diary with a pink cover on.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
« Reply #9364 on: November 22, 2013, 10:26:33 AM »
We thought up a great new reality show in the crew van this morning. It'll be called Deadliest Storage. It's based on these people whose job it is to search for missing shipping containers that fall off huge barges when the sea gets stormy.  It'll be like Deadliest Catch, but to make it more exciting they won't be told what was inside the shipping container, like Storage Wars. So after braving the sea and diving thousands of feet and fighting sharks and losing limbs, they might open up the container to find it was filled with Frosted Flakes that are now all soggy with salty sea water.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #9365 on: November 22, 2013, 11:36:50 AM »
There will be a viewer discretion advised very special episode involving a ship hailing from Shanghai presumably.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9366 on: November 22, 2013, 04:20:50 PM »
Splunge.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #9367 on: November 23, 2013, 05:01:12 AM »
I think Felicia Day is the only actor I've ever known who I had this kind of weird platonic crush on.  She's cute, sure, but I don't think of her romantically and really just want to hang out with her.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9368 on: November 23, 2013, 01:18:38 PM »
4:10pm EST in America and electric brownouts all over the country as the US goes to put t'kettle on after the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9369 on: November 23, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »
People with British accents shouldn't make videos on Youtube complaining about things. It's not your guys' fault, but your accent tends to make you sound, to my ears at least, really pompous, childish, and condescending.

This has absolutely nothing to do with disliking the accent, it's just what I've experienced. Very few videos, podcasts, whatever, with British hosts sound reasonable if they disagree with the topic at hand. Conversely, they sound much more reasonable if they agree with something. I think it's why HGTV has a bunch of British hosts for their shows.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9370 on: November 23, 2013, 01:52:31 PM »
It's not your guys' fault, but your accent tends to make you sound, to my ears at least, really pompous, childish, and condescending.
Thank you for sharing your prejudice.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9371 on: November 23, 2013, 02:14:07 PM »
It's not your guys' fault, but your accent tends to make you sound, to my ears at least, really pompous, childish, and condescending.
I'm not prejudiced... I just find the accent can be condescending a lot of the time. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, I'm just tired of overreacting to angry British people, because it makes ME feel like they're being rude and offensive, when I know they're not. The problem is a bad reaction on my end, you theirs/yours.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9372 on: November 23, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »

Also, "accent", singular?  Way to wear your ignorance on your sleeve.
I'm well aware that there's more than one accent from Britain. They all have the same effect on me. I'm only saying this because I've gotten thoroughly pissed at British people in the past, only to later realize that what they were saying wasn't that bad. I know it's impractical and ridiculous to tell them to stop criticizing things when it's an issue on my end, but come ON, I can't be the only one who's had this experience, can I?

It's the same damn concept with thinking people from the south are stupid hicks. It's an involuntary response brought on because of shitty stereotypes in our society. You could be talking about Quantum Mechanics, and with a southern drawl, it would sound significantly less intelligent.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:43:25 PM by Quantum Vagina »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #9373 on: November 23, 2013, 02:55:48 PM »
People with British accents shouldn't make videos on Youtube complaining about things.
This is imedeately negated by this

It's not your guys' fault
You're correct, it's entirely on you whether you like an accent or not, nobody is responsible for your reactions to something that is an intrinsic part of a person than you and if you don;t like it it isn't their fault.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9374 on: November 23, 2013, 03:10:49 PM »
I don't think it's completely ridiculous to find that someone sounds rude or condescending if they speak with a certain tone or accent. It's not a conscious reaction, obviously, or it wouldn't be a problem.