Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791164 times)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9000 on: October 19, 2013, 08:33:13 PM »
I've never seen a movie involving the ocean.

I call shenanigans.

Jaws (1975)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
Das Boot (1981)
Finding Nemo (2003)
Jaws I (1974)
Master and Commander (2003)
Open Water (2003)
Pirates of the Caribbean (2003)
The Abyss (1989)
The Deep (1977)
The Hunt for Red October (1990)
The LIttle Mermaid (1989)
The Perfect Storm (2000)
The Poseidon Adventure (1972)
Titanic (1997)

None of those, huh?

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9001 on: October 19, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »
...but his bosses didn't like him so they shot him in the faaaace!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYC-9yOSHVE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DYC-9yOSHVE</a>

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #9002 on: October 20, 2013, 05:06:53 AM »
I've never seen a movie involving the ocean.

I call shenanigans.

Jaws (1975)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
Das Boot (1981)
Finding Nemo (2003)
Jaws I (1974)
Master and Commander (2003)
Open Water (2003)
Pirates of the Caribbean (2003)
The Abyss (1989)
The Deep (1977)
The Hunt for Red October (1990)
The LIttle Mermaid (1989)
The Perfect Storm (2000)
The Poseidon Adventure (1972)
Titanic (1997)

None of those, huh?
I've seen every single one of those movies.  You know what it is.  I don't think I've ever seen a movie that has nothing to do with the ocean.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #9003 on: October 20, 2013, 06:56:24 AM »
i went for a walk by the ocean the other day; it was otter madness.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9004 on: October 20, 2013, 09:47:27 AM »
So, was buying dewormer for my horse at Tractor Supply and there's a guy in line at the register that picks up one of the impulse buy items they have lined up as you wait, and asks the cashier if it was made in America?  Wastes several minutes looking all over the thing.

Wow, I can't stand having to look at the ingredients of all the food I buy due to my soy allergy, can't imagine actually choosing to drive myself crazy looking at every little thing I buy to tell where it was made...

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #9005 on: October 20, 2013, 11:33:35 AM »
i went for a walk by the ocean the other day; it was otter madness.
I know how that goes.  I am 47 otters after all.

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #9006 on: October 20, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »
"What'd you smoke too much?" lol

Random thought: Today I saw a squirrel take a 2 story fall from a tree onto solid concrete, and walk away unharmed. It was kinda sad, when I heard the 'thud' when he hit the ground I thought he was dead, but he seemed ok. Ran back up the tree after a few seconds and started chasing the other squirrels again.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 12:32:37 PM by Malt Dismal »

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #9007 on: October 20, 2013, 12:41:51 PM »
So, was buying dewormer for my horse at Tractor Supply and there's a guy in line at the register that picks up one of the impulse buy items they have lined up as you wait, and asks the cashier if it was made in America?  Wastes several minutes looking all over the thing.

Wow, I can't stand having to look at the ingredients of all the food I buy due to my soy allergy, can't imagine actually choosing to drive myself crazy looking at every little thing I buy to tell where it was made...

When I was working at Gamestop, I had this woman come in wanting to know if we had any GameCube consoles that were made in Japan. (There were a very limited number of these ever made) You see she didn't ever buy anything that was made in China because of her high moral standards and whatnot, not wanting to support child labor and poor working conditions, and was stereotypically preachy about it. Understandable enough, but the look on her poor daughters face was a mixture of embarassment, dismay and frustration (we didn't have any) among other emotions.

/random story

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #9008 on: October 20, 2013, 02:46:06 PM »
So I was oustide having a smoke when this hummingbird flys up to me. He keeps nudging closer and closer until he's literally 6 inches away from my face. It was pretty cool but kinda scary at the same time, with that long beak of his pointed at my eye, lol. I should really put out a feeder but they always seem to drip and attract ants. :\
This almost beats the time I found those baby hummingbirds in a nest in my top random nature related cool moments.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9009 on: October 20, 2013, 10:09:45 PM »
So I was oustide having a smoke when this hummingbird flys up to me. He keeps nudging closer and closer until he's literally 6 inches away from my face. It was pretty cool but kinda scary at the same time, with that long beak of his pointed at my eye, lol. I should really put out a feeder but they always seem to drip and attract ants. :\
This almost beats the time I found those baby hummingbirds in a nest in my top random nature related cool moments.
I know that I would've had to resist the incredibly stupid urge to punch it.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9010 on: October 20, 2013, 10:14:18 PM »
I should really put out a feeder but they always seem to drip and attract ants. :\

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9011 on: October 21, 2013, 02:09:04 AM »
My ex-wife has these new front teeth dentures (no I didn't do it).
She's not used to them, and she was just telling me how she embarrassed herself when they fell out during a date.
Just sent her this as a gift:

She is going to kill me.  ;D

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #9012 on: October 21, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »
So I apparently live in Waldenburg, I say apparently because that's what is identified when I geo-tag things at my house. Turns out that it's an unincorporated community within the township in which I live. And my question is why isn't it incorporated? Or at least why do we call the township Clinton Township when we could call it something as arse kicking as Waldenburg? Awesome, sounds like a place where all the cool non metro vampires hang out.

Also, on Friday I met Dennis Coffey, which is great, without his music I'd never have come to Detroit in the first place and, despite turning 73 in  a few weeks, he can still shread on a guitar, a twenty minute jam on Scorpio; what an awesome old geezer. :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:58:17 AM by Tripe »

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9013 on: October 21, 2013, 11:50:14 AM »
It's my roommate's turn to buy food. It has been since the 15th. He's not going to be able to go out until this evening. Dude. We need food. It's also really annoying, because I've been feeling crappy and not wanting to leave the house for about a week, and today I felt good enough that I wanted to hit the treadmill, but there's no way I could do it without eating anything first; my stomach is already upset. I wish this guy would save some of his money and buy food when it's his turn. I don't make HIM wait for it.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #9014 on: October 21, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »
Why don't you just buy your own food? Have separate cupboards then nobody has to worry about the other person falling down on the food buying process.