login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789464 times)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #8970 on: October 16, 2013, 12:28:52 PM »
Nah, DG is actually more correct than he might think; It really was a symbol of the penis and everything symbolised by that little tube of gristle; which is why Hatshepsut  sported one.

Yes....Ax body spray.

That's how jokes work. I'm Out! *microphone drop*
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #8971 on: October 16, 2013, 12:35:35 PM »
No, the advertising of Axe is focused purely on primary sexual attraction. In the case of the decorative beards worn by Pharaohs it was a more fundamental power symbol.

Pharaohs didn't really need to compete for mates being already at the top of their particular social grouping.

At any rate nobody has bothered to translate the caption evidently.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:38:21 PM by Tripe »

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8972 on: October 16, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »
 ::)  Here we go again.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #8973 on: October 16, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »
Thrifty, sod off. :)

If you don't like the posts (which incidentally the caption is a bit of silliness) there's no need for you to respond. Nobody is making this into an argument except you. So, don't do that eh?

Just put me on ignore, there's a love. :)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8974 on: October 16, 2013, 12:57:55 PM »
Nah, DG is actually more correct than he might think; It really was a symbol of the penis and everything symbolised by that little tube of gristle; which is why Hatshepsut  sported one.

Yes....Ax body spray.

That's how jokes work. I'm Out! *microphone drop*

:clap:

Now that made me laugh...

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #8975 on: October 16, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »
The first song on Pearl Jam's new album is called "Getaway." They missed a golden opportunity for an Arrested Development crossover.

The universe is a lot like Lucille Bluth: it gets off on being wihtholding.

Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8976 on: October 16, 2013, 05:32:02 PM »
I hate that my stomach is forcing me to think about eating now. It's been waiting until 6 pm, and then becoming ravenous. If I don't think about it, or am not hungry, I tend to not eat. It seems my body's decided to punish me for that.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4647
« Reply #8977 on: October 16, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
I am so fucking sick of TV shows and films that start off with an incredibly intense scene, usually with the protagonist in a compromising or compromised position, then having the show/film cut to "3 days before" or "a week before" or some crap like that!

If you supposedly have a fucking imagination, use it to have an interesting starting scene that actually occurs at the START of your fucking story!
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5712
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8978 on: October 16, 2013, 09:17:37 PM »
I am so fucking sick of TV shows and films that start off with an incredibly intense scene, usually with the protagonist in a compromising or compromised position, then having the show/film cut to "3 days before" or "a week before" or some crap like that!

If you supposedly have a fucking imagination, use it to have an interesting starting scene that actually occurs at the START of your fucking story!
I hate flashback structured stories too. You have COMPLETELY ruined any real suspense and tension in the rest of your story. And usually for no goddamn reason!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #8979 on: October 16, 2013, 09:23:33 PM »

I hate flashback structured stories too. You have COMPLETELY ruined any real suspense and tension in the rest of your story. And usually for no goddamn reason!

There are times that really works well, but I agree that it is extremely overused, and a lot of writers seem to use it at a crutch.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #8980 on: October 17, 2013, 09:03:56 AM »

That's it, I'm fucking done!  Fuck you Lucas. You're a worthless piece of crap that everyone secretly hates. So what if I created a few fake accounts?  You're stubborn and wrong and everyone else is just too afraid to say something. I'm done with this forum, and I'm done with Rifftrax.  You can all go to hell.

2 hours ago...

I disagree. When used right it can been fun to try and connect the dots from the ending to the beginning.  Breaking Bad used it well for example.

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #8981 on: October 17, 2013, 09:33:01 PM »
I carved a Godzilla pumpkin. I used the showa sillhouette. I posed him blasting his atomic breath, of course.

Also I can't upload photos right now. :(

/random

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #8982 on: October 17, 2013, 11:23:11 PM »
Can you upload photos to this forum from your HDD without using another site to host them?

On to my random thought; When you have a stuffed up nose and your lying on your side the stuffiness transfers, I love when you can do it just so all the swelling is in between your nostrils allowing you to momentarily breathe normal.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #8983 on: October 17, 2013, 11:25:41 PM »
Can you upload photos to this forum from your HDD without using another site to host them?

On to my random thought; When you have a stuffed up nose and your lying on your side the stuffiness transfers, I love when you can do it just so all the swelling is in between your nostrils allowing you to momentarily breathe normal.

I found that out too.  For some reason my left nostral never gets as stuffed up as my right when I do this though, which is probably why I always sleep on my left side now.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #8984 on: October 18, 2013, 12:39:53 AM »

I found that out too.  For some reason my left nostral never gets as stuffed up as my right when I do this though, which is probably why I always sleep on my left side now.

After posting this I mentioned it to my family and to my surprise they didn't even know this was possible. They always thought the sinus swelling shifted randomly.