Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1785271 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #8685 on: September 27, 2013, 10:35:15 AM »
I think that about Aly Hannigan all the time.

Wouldn't say she's a crush though, that would convey some sort of sense of exclusivity.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:37:04 AM by Tripe H. Redux »

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8686 on: September 27, 2013, 11:30:13 AM »
Roommate isn't feeling well today, and so he insinuates himself in MY chair in the living room and gives a very annoyed sigh if I walk in to tell him something that I found funny, or make a sandwich, or just pass through. Is it so much to ask that, when you're not feeling well, that you don't put yourself in an area that's a neutral space and get upset at people for walking through interrupting Naruto? When I'm feeling ill or in a bad mood, I at least understand that it's a dick thing to do to insinuate it on people. I go to my room and hang out there. All I ask is for reciprocation.

I also hate Naruto with the burning passion of a thousand white hot suns.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8687 on: September 27, 2013, 01:00:04 PM »
oh, celebrity crush, why do you have to be in such a terrible sitcom? :(
I finally found the power to stop watching 2 Broke Girls.  Kat Dennings is hot, but that show is just way too terrible.

BiteMe316

« Reply #8688 on: September 27, 2013, 01:05:12 PM »
Roommate isn't feeling well today, and so he insinuates himself in MY chair in the living room and gives a very annoyed sigh if I walk in to tell him something that I found funny, or make a sandwich, or just pass through. Is it so much to ask that, when you're not feeling well, that you don't put yourself in an area that's a neutral space and get upset at people for walking through interrupting Naruto? When I'm feeling ill or in a bad mood, I at least understand that it's a dick thing to do to insinuate it on people. I go to my room and hang out there. All I ask is for reciprocation.

Liked for the Naruto hatred, not for your shitty roommate.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #8689 on: September 27, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »

Talk to him about it before resentment forms.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #8690 on: September 27, 2013, 06:22:27 PM »
in·sin·u·ate
inˈsinyəˌwāt/Submit
verb
suggest or hint (something bad or reprehensible) in an indirect and unpleasant way.
"he was insinuating that she had slept her way to the top"
synonyms:   imply, suggest, hint, intimate, indicate, let it be known, give someone to understand; More
maneuver oneself into (a position of favor or office) by subtle manipulation.
"she seemed to be taking over, insinuating herself into the family"
synonyms:   worm one's way into, ingratiate oneself with, curry favor with; More

By the secondary definition it is used correctly.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8691 on: September 27, 2013, 06:45:27 PM »
It's about an hour before I go to bed.  As I tipped up my midday beer I thought to myself, "it's 5 o'clock somewhere."
Ok I'm sure I missed this somewhere but uh ... What's the deal with your name now ???

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8692 on: September 27, 2013, 07:18:01 PM »
How bout 'Dan the Echoman' or 'Just Dan' er something like that..
I'm just brainstorming a bit here ;D

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8693 on: September 27, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »
It's about an hour before I go to bed.  As I tipped up my midday beer I thought to myself, "it's 5 o'clock somewhere."
Ok I'm sure I missed this somewhere but uh ... What's the deal with your name now ???
Temporary annoyed change.  Every time I talk about politics, Imrahil (who is apparently is ignoring me anyway) makes a snarky comment about how he figures my forum name is, in his mind apparently, a mandate to only talk about Rifftrax. 

Maybe I'll go with (More Than) Just-The-Trax.  I'm still deciding.
How about you just put the guy on ignore and ignore him instead of putting on a big show about how annoyed you are?  You need to learn a better way to deal with Internet assholes.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #8694 on: September 27, 2013, 08:09:15 PM »
Anyone on the Forum have any familiarity with engines used to run games like Myst and Riven (doesn't have to be the same engine, just listing those as an idea of the sort of games I'm thinking of)?

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8695 on: September 27, 2013, 09:43:09 PM »
in·sin·u·ate
inˈsinyəˌwāt/Submit
verb
suggest or hint (something bad or reprehensible) in an indirect and unpleasant way.
"he was insinuating that she had slept her way to the top"
synonyms:   imply, suggest, hint, intimate, indicate, let it be known, give someone to understand; More
maneuver oneself into (a position of favor or office) by subtle manipulation.
"she seemed to be taking over, insinuating herself into the family"
synonyms:   worm one's way into, ingratiate oneself with, curry favor with; More

By the secondary definition it is used correctly.

No. He's talking about it as if it were a literal movement, which that definition shows it is not, it's a metaphorical one.  I don't "insinuate myself into a car" unless I con someone into giving it to me.

Evolving language, yada, yada, yada.

In other news, I had forgotten that my back does not like me very much.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2640
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8696 on: September 27, 2013, 09:48:30 PM »
In other news, I had forgotten that my back does not like me very much.

Backs are sneaky, always pulling stuff like: Oh, you think you can do that?  Go ahead, I'll let you, sure, no problem now, but I'll get you for it tomorrow...  ;D

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8697 on: September 27, 2013, 10:13:12 PM »
I might try sleeping in my recliner again; it actually works a LOT better when I do.  ;D

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #8698 on: September 28, 2013, 02:09:47 AM »

Talk to him about it before resentment forms.

I say go ahead and resent Naruto, he deserves it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8699 on: September 28, 2013, 06:46:31 AM »
A conversation with a complete stranger at LAX resulted in the utterance of the phrase "Zumba with a Roomba". You had to be there.