Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1785215 times)

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #8520 on: September 12, 2013, 06:26:24 PM »
is grimey in there?

Not that I've seen. They have some weird one-offs, like the irish bar owner guy, and some older girl who hit on bart at some point?
Tom Flanagan and Shauna, yeah.  But I'm so behind on my Simpsons that I didn't recognize them.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8521 on: September 12, 2013, 06:35:33 PM »
is grimey in there?
Frank Grimes is dead.  That would be... weird. 

Lugash seemed like a weird choice.  Wasn't he only in the one episode?

They have Milhouse, but not his parents.  There's no Judge Snyder or a courthouse either.  The Capital City Goofball would make a good "no tasks available" extra character.  So would Snowball II or Mr. Teeny or Ruth Powers.

Who else could they stand to put in there?

Dolph and Jimbo
The Blue Haired Lawyer
Crazy Cat Lady
Database
That guy who says "YESSSSSSS" all funny
Miss Hoover
Johnny Tightlips and Frankie the Squealer
Gil Gunderson
Lindsay Nagle
Cookie Kwan
Brandine

I dunno if Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure would be appropriate, what with the characters being retired after Phil Hartman's death.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8522 on: September 12, 2013, 07:30:49 PM »
Norman, from the riffed shorts reminds me of Gill, after he finally gave up.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8523 on: September 13, 2013, 06:13:37 AM »
Every time I get caught up with all the quests on Tapped Out, they release another update with about a week and a half's more quests.  I guess I could speed through them with donuts... I've got 86,000 of them.

Pretty sure that's the idea. They don't want you to run out of game. My donuts are all legit, so I splurged a tiny bit to get Disco Stu because I love it when a punchline takes on a life of its own.

I have a few left (250?) from when I was using the cheat. Wish I'd stockpiled more.
Yeah I went through that too.  I did my hack, built everything, and had about 4 million bucks and 20,000 donuts.  Then they released the level 34 update with the giant cubic zirconium for 5 million.  And I'm like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK

A new hack was out, but it doesn't work for towns above level 32.  So I started a new town.  Which worked out in the end because it actually looks better than the old one.  Of course... now I'm worried that they're gonna release more ridiculously expensive things (Spinster City Apartments cost like $400,000) and I'm gonna burn through the 5 million cash and 86,000 donuts anyway.  And I am *not* starting a third town.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8524 on: September 13, 2013, 10:06:25 AM »
Does anyone have any idea as to why SpeedFan and Skyrim Performance Monitor would be junking my computer? The problems I'm having get a LOT worse when I have either of those programs running.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2640
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8525 on: September 13, 2013, 12:13:32 PM »
Just realized it's the 13th, and it's a Friday.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8526 on: September 13, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »
That would explain the black cat that crossed my path, causing me to stumble, walk under a ladder, then knock over that large mirror, breaking it.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #8527 on: September 13, 2013, 02:10:06 PM »
Does anyone have any idea as to why SpeedFan and Skyrim Performance Monitor would be junking my computer? The problems I'm having get a LOT worse when I have either of those programs running.

No clue.

Update:
Found this: "So I used Skyrim Performance Monitor and SpeedFan today and I got a shock... my GPU usage is at 99% (which is not bad on its own) but the Temperature of my GPU skyrocks to 102 Celsius which is harmfull I think."

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1020411-extreme-gpu-temperature/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:23:45 PM by Lembach »

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #8528 on: September 13, 2013, 02:21:33 PM »
That would explain the black cat that crossed my path, causing me to stumble, walk under a ladder, then knock over that large mirror, breaking it.

I heard someone at the grocery store talking on the phone about how we were lucky that 9-11 didn't fall on Friday the 13th.  I didn't stick around to listen if they were kidding or not. 

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8529 on: September 13, 2013, 03:10:30 PM »

No clue.

Update:
Found this: "So I used Skyrim Performance Monitor and SpeedFan today and I got a shock... my GPU usage is at 99% (which is not bad on its own) but the Temperature of my GPU skyrocks to 102 Celsius which is harmfull I think."

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1020411-extreme-gpu-temperature/

Well, my GPU never hits either of those figures. I hover around 70% and 75 degrees. My CPU's fine, too. I have an occasional lag thing where it gets stuck on something, or just stops working or whatever for about 2-3 minutes, and then starts working. During that time, it can't do ANYTHING. The problem is that with either of those running, that happens CONSTANTLY, making the system unusable.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #8530 on: September 13, 2013, 03:26:56 PM »

Yep, got accepted to a new exhibition and then I went to pick up a trio of film rolls to discover that, while they had developed the film, they'd not scanned two of them to CD like I'd requested. So they're scanning them now and the whole job will be free.

I love Friday the 13th. :)

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8531 on: September 13, 2013, 04:16:03 PM »
If the infinite universe theory is true, doesn't that mean there's a universe where the infinite universe theory is false?

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #8532 on: September 13, 2013, 06:03:54 PM »
Happiness is a purring kitty reaching up to touch your cheek.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8533 on: September 13, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »
I can confidently pronounce her face to be 8/10. I'd need to see a full body shot to measure based on the ham scale, though.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #8534 on: September 13, 2013, 07:59:53 PM »
Carol could probably still kick her arse.