Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1803922 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #8400 on: September 08, 2013, 07:55:24 AM »
I'm new to the whole daily medication scene. I take a blood pressure pill, zoloft, and a daily vitamin. But once in a while I forget and, rather than overdose, I just skip.
So to combat this, I started turning over the bottles when I took them. That only worked if I turned them right side up when I went to bed. Which I'd forget.

So I went to you-know-where and searched for "medication reminder". I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012X7JYO/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A bit large (penny in shot for scale):

I could actually use this as an underwear reminder!

Can you angrily demand a refund from yourself?  Or do you still have to call, get put on hold, and wait half an hour just to talk to yourself?

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #8401 on: September 08, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »
Today my stomach is giving me the fits.  Having my ultrasound Wed.  We'll see if its the gallbladder.

My mom had hers out when I was young.  She had issues for years.  In fact, I was originally gallbladder trouble.  She was almost 6 months pregnant before she found out it  wan't gallbladder trouble.  At least I wasn't a toilet baby.

Opticians are easy on the eyes

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8402 on: September 08, 2013, 11:37:08 AM »
Today my stomach is giving me the fits.  Having my ultrasound Wed.  We'll see if its the gallbladder.

My mom had hers out when I was young.  She had issues for years.  In fact, I was originally gallbladder trouble.  She was almost 6 months pregnant before she found out it  wan't gallbladder trouble.  At least I wasn't a toilet baby.
Here's hoping it's minor gallbladder trouble.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #8403 on: September 08, 2013, 01:09:08 PM »
Not that this would surprise anyone who has been in my apartment, but my pill case is purple :)

Are you secretly Marie Schrader?

It's rare that this happens....but I don't get that.
It's a reference to Breaking Bad.  Marie Schrader is the wife of DEA Agent Hank Schrader, and she has a great affinity for the color purple.  Hank and Marie's house is filled with purple stuff.

Oh yea. I get jealous looking at their house sometimes.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #8404 on: September 08, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »
I'm new to the whole daily medication scene. I take a blood pressure pill, zoloft, and a daily vitamin. But once in a while I forget and, rather than overdose, I just skip.
So to combat this, I started turning over the bottles when I took them. That only worked if I turned them right side up when I went to bed. Which I'd forget.

So I went to you-know-where and searched for "medication reminder". I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012X7JYO/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A bit large (penny in shot for scale):

I could actually use this as an underwear reminder!

Can you angrily demand a refund from yourself?  Or do you still have to call, get put on hold, and wait half an hour just to talk to yourself?

Bravo, I wanted to post something along those lines but you did a much better job. :)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #8405 on: September 08, 2013, 07:47:57 PM »

Bravo, I wanted to post something along those lines but you did a much better job. :)

Oh, give me a break.   >:(

In fact, I'm sitting here on my break, after taking back to back dual chats all day. Not one person has complained about a wait.

I can't speak for the phone people. They deal with a...lower class of sophistication, shall we say? If they are taking a long time getting to you, it's because of thick people ahead of you.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #8406 on: September 08, 2013, 09:23:46 PM »

Oh, give me a break.   >:(

In fact, I'm sitting here on my break, after taking back to back dual chats all day. Not one person has complained about a wait.

I can't speak for the phone people. They deal with a...lower class of sophistication, shall we say? If they are taking a long time getting to you, it's because of thick people ahead of you.

Haha, sorry.  Was just making a generalization.  I've never had to call amazon myself, the search function has been satisfactory. But if there's no wait time maybe I'll give you a ring.  I'm in the market for a 3d printer...

« Reply #8407 on: September 09, 2013, 06:51:15 AM »
There's a thing going around Facebook about kids needing to respect their parents.

Number one, it starts with said parent.  My friend complains about the daughter backtalking all the time.  Maybe if she had got out the belt and whipped the girl a few times it wouldn't have gotten this bad.

Number two, maybe the parent doesn't deserve respect.   I remember doing a psych eval in high school where it asked me those questions.  The counselor seemed shocked when I answered honestly that I did not love or respect my father.  How can you love and respect someone who is abusive and absent?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8408 on: September 09, 2013, 06:54:14 AM »
There's a thing going around Facebook about kids needing to respect their parents.

Number one, it starts with said parent.  My friend complains about the daughter backtalking all the time.  Maybe if she had got out the belt and whipped the girl a few times it wouldn't have gotten this bad.
Agreed, but nowadays they run the risk of assault or child abuse :-[

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6869
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #8409 on: September 09, 2013, 06:55:39 AM »
Maybe if she had got out the belt and whipped the girl a few times it wouldn't have gotten this bad.

How can you love and respect someone who is abusive and absent?

uh... ???
dF = 0
d*F = J

« Reply #8410 on: September 09, 2013, 07:28:41 AM »
My mamma whipped me, it was not abuse.  It made me a better person today.

There is a difference.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8411 on: September 09, 2013, 07:33:03 AM »

Why is it the parent's fault if the kid is a disrespectful little shit?  Why are you assuming the parent doesn't deserve respect?

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6869
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #8412 on: September 09, 2013, 07:33:50 AM »
if someone has to physically attack you to make you do something, that person is a worthless coward.
dF = 0
d*F = J

« Reply #8413 on: September 09, 2013, 07:59:14 AM »

Why is it the parent's fault if the kid is a disrespectful little shit?  Why are you assuming the parent doesn't deserve respect?

Like I said, it starts with the parent.  And no, sometimes the parent doesn't deserve respect. 

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8414 on: September 09, 2013, 09:26:08 AM »
I don't disagree with physical punishment, I just think it's horribly uninventive. If you're going to punish your children, do it right. Mess with their heads.