Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1790745 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #8385 on: September 06, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »
Evidently poop transplants are an actual thing.
Yeah that weirded me out when I heard it too, but I guess it's like, your mother's poop carries some important antibodies in it and some people didn't get those antibodies naturally for some reason and it becomes a problem when that person gets certain infections.

Tig Notaro talks about having to get a fecal transplant when she had c diff.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #8386 on: September 07, 2013, 01:10:48 AM »
When one of the greatest military commanders in history was addressing his troops to inspire them before marching them over the Pyrenees and the Alps into northern Italy at the start of the Second Punic War, as he shouted that he would chew the flesh off his enemies bodies and gnaw on their bones for dessert, was the great military commander speaking from...

...his Hannibal Lectern?
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #8387 on: September 07, 2013, 01:29:23 AM »
When one of the greatest military commanders in history was addressing his troops to inspire them before marching them over the Pyrenees and the Alps into northern Italy at the start of the Second Punic War, as he shouted that he would chew the flesh off his enemies bodies and gnaw on their bones for dessert, was the great military commander speaking from...

...his Hannibal Lectern?

Mike Ditka marched over the Pyrenees and the Alps?

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8388 on: September 07, 2013, 12:37:42 PM »

...his Hannibal Lectern?

YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8389 on: September 07, 2013, 12:40:45 PM »
Has anyone else ever responded to an emailed question about something that could have been Googled in 5 second, with "If only you had some kind of electronic device in front of you that you could use to search for this information?"!

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #8390 on: September 07, 2013, 04:35:28 PM »
Has anyone else ever responded to an emailed question about something that could have been Googled in 5 second, with "If only you had some kind of electronic device in front of you that you could use to search for this information?"!

All day long, buddy. All frikkin day long.

"Do you have this item?"

"Okay sure. I can help you with that. See, what I'm going to do is take the name of the item you want. Following me so far? Good. Then I take that name and I go to "Amazon.com". Still with me? Awesome! Then I push "search" in the upper right. Okay, you try it. See how the thing you want shows up? No, it's not magic. I am not a wizard, you inbred simpleton."

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #8391 on: September 07, 2013, 04:42:45 PM »

"Do you have this item?"

"Okay sure. I can help you with that. See, what I'm going to do is take the name of the item you want. Following me so far? Good. Then I take that name and I go to "Amazon.com". Still with me? Awesome! Then I push "search" in the upper right. Okay, you try it. See how the thing you want shows up? No, it's not magic. I am not a wizard, you inbred simpleton."

You really get emails like that?  Wow.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #8392 on: September 07, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »
They're having a book sale at the public library this week.

There are balloons and signs pointing.  There's a  taped sign on the front door pointing.  And this year they even put out giant neon green feet that lead the way.  Each foot says "book sale this way."

My friend who works there said that today at least half a dozen people come in to ask where the book sale was.  It was only a 4 hour work day.

So, I'm not surprised at all that Lembach gets those emails.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #8393 on: September 08, 2013, 12:50:37 AM »

"Do you have this item?"

You really get emails like that?  Wow.

Phone calls or chats. But mostly when I have to help fill in on the phones.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #8394 on: September 08, 2013, 01:09:38 AM »
I'm new to the whole daily medication scene. I take a blood pressure pill, zoloft, and a daily vitamin. But once in a while I forget and, rather than overdose, I just skip.
So to combat this, I started turning over the bottles when I took them. That only worked if I turned them right side up when I went to bed. Which I'd forget.

So I went to you-know-where and searched for "medication reminder". I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012X7JYO/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A bit large (penny in shot for scale):

I could actually use this as an underwear reminder!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8395 on: September 08, 2013, 01:28:07 AM »
I've seen those giant ones in the stores, wondered what giant pills people used them for...
I still have the one I used to use for my horse, and that was a normal sized one, it still has 2 days of his antihistamines in it.  Been years and I still can't throw them out.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #8396 on: September 08, 2013, 07:22:56 AM »
Not that this would surprise anyone who has been in my apartment, but my pill case is purple :)

Do you know how HARD that was to find?
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8397 on: September 08, 2013, 07:25:19 AM »
Not that this would surprise anyone who has been in my apartment, but my pill case is purple :)

Are you secretly Marie Schrader?

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #8398 on: September 08, 2013, 07:26:11 AM »

It's rare that this happens....but I don't get that.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8399 on: September 08, 2013, 07:30:40 AM »

It's rare that this happens....but I don't get that.
It's a reference to Breaking Bad.  Marie Schrader is the wife of DEA Agent Hank Schrader, and she has a great affinity for the color purple.  Hank and Marie's house is filled with purple stuff.