login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789668 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #8265 on: August 31, 2013, 01:07:38 AM »

Sitting up here in the bucket of this big JLG lift, 120 feet in the air as they shoot a movie below me, I'm being blown around by the wind and I feel like I'm on a boat. An air ship maybe, sailing slowly in the Brooklyn sky, looking over Manhattan.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #8266 on: August 31, 2013, 03:07:57 AM »
Hey, Amazon:

Go fuck yourself with your cloud player bullshit. Just let me download the fucking mp3 directly. No "amazon downloader."  No fucking "PC APP". Just a fucking download.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8267 on: August 31, 2013, 05:23:46 AM »
Were the straight people in Sodom also called Sodomites?  Tat seems unfair.
Actual Lol

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8268 on: August 31, 2013, 08:01:36 AM »
It's ok Lembach, I'll still buy stuff from Amazon.. just not music downloads :P

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #8269 on: August 31, 2013, 09:42:11 AM »
Amazon made me do that too, but now I have discovered I love the Amazon cloud. So for me, it was a win win

Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8270 on: August 31, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
It's super annoying. Because instead of just downloading it, I have go click "take me to the cloud," the find the file, then load it through the downloader, then go find the downloader folder...just give me a download link, let me put the file where I want it.

It's been a while since I bought an mp3 from Amazon, so is this a recent change?

I don't think I've ever done those first 2 steps, and you can change the download folder in the downloader using "file" "preferences".   I do remember that the link that opened the downloader directly was not the obvious choice, but can't remember if the link was in the email for the purchase or on the Amazon website.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
« Reply #8271 on: August 31, 2013, 10:30:04 AM »
Also, the amazon cloud is a BILLION times better than the fucking apple cloud. Apple is so stupid sometimes. they are a monopoly dressed up like something popular that people will like.

Sirius XM keeps telling me to buy Pearl Jam's new album on iTunes, and I am like "Fuck you, I am buying it on amazon"

Yea, I have conversations with satellite radio stations. What of it?

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8272 on: August 31, 2013, 10:49:44 AM »

I tell my GPS to shut up all the time.  When I get into areas I know the streets and know better ways to go...

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
« Reply #8273 on: August 31, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »

I tell my GPS to shut up all the time.  When I get into areas I know the streets and know better ways to go...

Seriously, they are road dictators. You HAVE to go there way. The other day, Denver, in their infinite wisdom, closed an entire highway. I was so lost, and the only GPS directions I could get on my phone were to use the closed highway.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #8274 on: August 31, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »
been watching a lot of early simpsons recently. i miss phil hartman. :(
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4648
« Reply #8275 on: August 31, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »
Hey, Amazon:

Go fuck yourself with your cloud player bullshit. Just let me download the fucking mp3 directly. No "amazon downloader."  No fucking "PC APP". Just a fucking download.

Just to be clear, with my 'Like' I was agreeing with what Im said, basically, "Yes, Amazon, allow people to download purchased mp3s the way they do everything else: with a simple right-click 'save-to-___' action.  Jumping through hoops and installing software for ONE possibly-seldom-used-thing, and forcing them to make a second (or is it third?) action to finally even get to a page where it is possible to download to their hard drive something they paid for, is not only a pain in the ass, but the program clutters up my hard drive, Windows registry, and clutters with new folders."

I have never, and very likely will never, stream music from a cloud.  I have all my mp3s on my hard drive (all 5492 of them ripped from my 500+ CDs) so that I can easily synch my iPod (which is where I listen to music much of the time), and where I can fix the stupid-ass tags, add my own score/grade for the tune, etc.  On the tags: I have EVERY mp3 set up so that they sort by artist's LAST name... I mean, seriously, when I'm thinking about listening to 'Electric Ladyland', I'm thinking, "I want to hear Hendrix", NOT "I want to hear Jimi".  So why should they be sorted by first name?  Seriously... who the fuck thinks of artists by their first names?  If you went to look up an artist on Wikipedia, could you just look under "Bob"?  Really?  But you could just look up "Dylan", "Seegar", or "Denver" and find what you wanted (or skip Bobs all together ;) ).  No one thinks "I want to listen to Bob!" when they are thinking of them, they think of last names, not first.  Are libraries sorted by author's first names?  So WTF?  For all my music tags, names are, for instance:  "Hendrix, Jimi", last name first for bands where the artist's name is the only band name.  And I listen to albums, so I want the albums sorted by release year in the iPod, not alphabetically by title.  The only way to do that is to have the year IN the album title.  So, for me, the album tag is "1968 - Electric Ladyland".  If the files aren't on my hard drive, I can't really change the tags and files end up all over the place... in places where I wouldn't automatically look for them.

Plus: why the hell would I want to waste my bandwidth on something that I CAN have stored locally?  It just makes no sense for the way I listen.

[[Whoah... yeah, really past my limits, with anger at other shit spilling over into what normally is just a nominal irritation with this.  Hemorrhaging energy writing all this from being past my limits.  A particular energy waste since I buy so few mp3s, instead I buy the CDs and rip them myself.... :(]]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:35:09 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4648
« Reply #8276 on: August 31, 2013, 03:21:48 PM »
It's super annoying. Because instead of just downloading it, I have go click "take me to the cloud," the find the file, then load it through the downloader, then go find the downloader folder...just give me a download link, let me put the file where I want it.

It's been a while since I bought an mp3 from Amazon, so is this a recent change?

I don't think I've ever done those first 2 steps, and you can change the download folder in the downloader using "file" "preferences".   I do remember that the link that opened the downloader directly was not the obvious choice, but can't remember if the link was in the email for the purchase or on the Amazon website.

Yeah, they now have the cloud as the default and you have to jump through hoops to actually download it.  But you are right, I changed my Amazon download folder to being in my "NEW-CHECK TAGS!" subfolder under "Music", so I could fix the tags before installing them in iTunes.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8277 on: August 31, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »
It seems like there actually is a place called Sodom in the United Kingdom.  So can we call them Sodomites?  Even the straight ones?

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8278 on: August 31, 2013, 04:00:56 PM »
It seems like there actually is a place called Sodom in the United Kingdom.  So can we call them Sodomites?  Even the straight ones?

Actually they prefer to be called "Sodomians". There is a famous shopping center there, but it is difficult to find. One way to make yourself very popular is to go up to a primary school teacher in the playground during recess and ask "Can you tell me how to get to Sodom Mall?".

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5712
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8279 on: August 31, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
Amazon made me do that too, but now I have discovered I love the Amazon cloud.