Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1785532 times)

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4466
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #8145 on: August 11, 2013, 07:50:55 PM »
I've seen that happen before with authors on Amazon.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #8146 on: August 12, 2013, 06:55:02 AM »

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8147 on: August 12, 2013, 09:33:58 AM »
Now someone make a coat out of Martin's chair from Frasier.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #8148 on: August 13, 2013, 12:56:34 AM »
If I hadn't been a Psychologist, I think I would have most liked to have been a 'lava chaser' photographer.  Always been fascinated by the stuff and just saw two episodes of the series Lava Chaser in 3D where the flowing, glowing rock really came alive.  Just beautiful.

Nothing funny here.  Just a comment.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8149 on: August 13, 2013, 06:48:30 AM »
I've been eating slightly spoiled food because I'm too averse to throwing food away.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8150 on: August 13, 2013, 07:49:59 AM »
I've been eating slightly spoiled food because I'm too averse to throwing food away.
:speechless:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8151 on: August 13, 2013, 07:53:00 AM »
Feeling a bit of success (not so much in a WWOOO kind of way) as my brother in law's new American style sports bar and grill restaurant (Which we are also partnered with) is on it's way to becoming a quick success in Iguala, Mexico and finally I'm having success with Toyota getting them to honor their warranty for repairs to our 07 Sienna 8)

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #8152 on: August 13, 2013, 07:14:32 PM »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #8153 on: August 13, 2013, 08:28:43 PM »

Please know that there are a number of microorganisms that live in 'past-its-prime' food that secrete poisons that are very dangerous to ingest.  For instance, many (most? all?) molds have microscopic 'tendrils' that they sink deep into whatever they are growing on, with those tendrils secreting poisonous substances into the food, and so simply scraping the visible mold off the surface of something does not make it safe to eat.

If the concern is for cost, consider the costs involved in going to an ER, being in intensive care, (or not surviving).  If the concern originates with the horrendous (but common) fear-mongering of parents who said things like, "there are starving children in [Africa/India/elsewhere], you'll eat what we have here", then ask yourself: if you were inviting one of those starving people to your house, would you feed them what you've already called "slightly spoiled" food?  Or would you feed them healthy food?  Don't you deserve the same consideration as you would give them?  [Rhetorical.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #8154 on: August 13, 2013, 10:00:07 PM »
True that.

When I was a teen my 12 year old cousin almost died from food poisoning.  Of course his mom couldn't be sure what did it but she did cook him expired eggs.  Not just a day or two expired either.  I think it was over a week.  I remember my mom being so angry at her for not getting Jay to the doctor sooner.

Jay survived, but he's been sickly ever since.  It was pretty bad.  He currently has kidney disease and is on a transplant list.  It could have nothing to do with it but I can't help but wonder.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8155 on: August 14, 2013, 02:33:12 AM »
If the concern is for cost, consider the costs involved in going to an ER, being in intensive care, (or not surviving).

What is the cost of not surviving an illness or poisoning incident?

At any rate, I finished the last of it yesterday and I've felt fine.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8156 on: August 14, 2013, 02:38:47 AM »
Some doofus in my PHP programming class said "I understand programming, I just can't do it."   I think he was trying to say that he understands concepts in theory but can't apply them in practice.  Total bullshit.  You don't understand programming if you can't write a program.  You don't understand any skill if you can't apply it.  It's like, I understand academically how a car starts, but I wouldn't know how to fix a car that doesn't start.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #8157 on: August 14, 2013, 03:35:20 AM »
It took me about 13 years of professional programming experience before I realized that I hated it.

• Big Montana
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8158 on: August 14, 2013, 04:45:04 AM »
By the halfway point of my final semester as a programming major, I realized that I understood programming, and completely hated it.
I still love it, but who knows?   That might change in the future.  It can be really frustrating at times, but overall I enjoy the process of building something and problem solving.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2640
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8159 on: August 14, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »
Are clams really all that happy?