Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791534 times)

Dr Ahmad Makhini

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #7155 on: March 08, 2013, 05:42:29 PM »

Lemon Curry??!!

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #7156 on: March 08, 2013, 07:11:41 PM »

Lemon Curry??!!

Dr Ahmad Makhini! You've got come with me!! I've have to take you back to the time when this post was relevant!

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4482
« Reply #7157 on: March 08, 2013, 07:56:56 PM »

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #7158 on: March 08, 2013, 07:59:15 PM »
Lurker, your avatar is the disturbing stuff of nightmares.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4482
« Reply #7159 on: March 08, 2013, 08:33:19 PM »
It's a ferrofluid sculpture.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #7160 on: March 08, 2013, 11:12:57 PM »
It's a ferrofluid sculpture.

Dear Lord, do you EVER stop talking??? Always going on and on....

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #7161 on: March 09, 2013, 06:03:55 AM »
Here's another:

<a href="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ukreGRT4lio" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ukreGRT4lio</a>

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #7162 on: March 09, 2013, 08:59:50 AM »
I just read this quote by Sylvia Plath on tumblr (so it's possible that it doesn't come from her, although that doesn't negate the impact of the quote), and I can relate to this so, so much. It's a huge part of the reason I am often uncomfortable with having been born a female.

Being born a woman is an awful tragedy… Yes, my consuming desire to mingle with road crews, sailors and soldiers, bar room regulars - to be a part of a scene, anonymous, listening, recording - all is spoiled by the fact that I am a girl, a female always in danger of assault and battery. My consuming interest in men and their lives is often misconstrued as a desire to seduce them, or as an invitation to intimacy. Yet, God, I want to talk to everybody I can as deeply as I can. I want to be able to sleep in an open field, to travel west, to walk freely at night…
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #7163 on: March 09, 2013, 02:55:58 PM »
I just read this quote by Sylvia Plath on tumblr (so it's possible that it doesn't come from her, although that doesn't negate the impact of the quote), and I can relate to this so, so much. It's a huge part of the reason I am often uncomfortable with having been born a female.

Being born a woman is an awful tragedy… Yes, my consuming desire to mingle with road crews, sailors and soldiers, bar room regulars - to be a part of a scene, anonymous, listening, recording - all is spoiled by the fact that I am a girl, a female always in danger of assault and battery. My consuming interest in men and their lives is often misconstrued as a desire to seduce them, or as an invitation to intimacy. Yet, God, I want to talk to everybody I can as deeply as I can. I want to be able to sleep in an open field, to travel west, to walk freely at night…

Don't forget that society wants us to look and act a certain way that re-establishes our subservience to the patriarchy because our role in life is to get fucked and make babies.

In fact, I have just decided that my role as a woman is to kick balls and chew bubblegum...and we all know what I am going to say next....
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #7164 on: March 09, 2013, 04:38:30 PM »

Don't forget that society wants us to look and act a certain way that re-establishes our subservience to the patriarchy because our role in life is to get fucked and make babies.

I'm not going to get away with saying this and not look like a misogynist. However, women seem to have that down all by themselves. Every woman I talk to is obsessed with security, homesteading, and reproduction. Maybe that is proof of societal programming. I don't know. All I know is I can't sit and listen to a woman more than an hour before I have the urge to go away.

Perhaps I just haven't met the right woman.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7165 on: March 09, 2013, 05:00:46 PM »

Don't take this the wrong way but:
I could say I would really like to hang out with polar bears, but they just see me as food.

So I'd say it's a matter of choosing the groups you want to hang out with.

I know it's not that simple, and there is a problem, especially in some societies.  But from where I work it looks to me like women will be taking over most of the high tech jobs in the next 20 years.  Where I work the ratio of female to male graduates in the sciences has been going seriously towards the female side over the last 5 to 10 years.  Seems to also be happening in engineering, but not as quickly.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #7166 on: March 09, 2013, 05:28:01 PM »

Don't take this the wrong way but:
I could say I would really like to hang out with polar bears, but they just see me as food.

This makes no sense whatsoever.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7167 on: March 09, 2013, 05:40:29 PM »
 That quote (if it is one) is basically saying all men are predators when it comes to women.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7168 on: March 09, 2013, 05:43:24 PM »
No, it's saying that the ones she is hanging out with are.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7169 on: March 09, 2013, 05:54:33 PM »
And I'm saying don't complain if the group you wish to hang out with isn't right for you.  If you want to hang out with predators expect them to try and bite you, either protect yourself or hang out with a less predatory group. 

Like I said in my first post, that's an oversimplification, and things are changing pretty fast, in this country at least.

And the other thing that occurs to me about that quote is, the second to last line wouldn't fit with the second line even if she were a man.   The types of men she seems to be describing would most likely beat the crap out of any guy that wanted to have that kind of discussion.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:14:11 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »