Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791917 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #6495 on: November 10, 2012, 03:40:18 PM »
When I was ~13 I think I had a conversation with the 25 year old me, never saw the guy again, until I saw him in the mirror when I was 25. Must have been an alternative universe version though as I don't remember ever having a conversation that year with a 13 year old version of myself.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #6496 on: November 11, 2012, 06:51:37 AM »
As far back as I can remember, I've always liked to stay up late and sleep late. Just recently, I've started waking up earlier, and I really don't mind it a much at all. For one thing, it makes the days seem longer. I've also found that I'm capable of being productive in the mornings just as much as I was in the late evenings. I was a real night owl. I used to scoff at people who said it's more tuned to our natural rhythms, but I think I'm starting to see what they're talking about.I tend to get in more hours of sleep this way as well.

The real upside, however, is eating dinner at 4:30 in the afternoon. Myrtle and I usually catch the early bird special over at Country Kitchen, and to bed by 7.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 739
  • Sort this; deliver that; I'll make 'em all pay.
« Reply #6497 on: November 11, 2012, 07:01:51 AM »
As far back as I can remember, I've always liked to stay up late and sleep late. Just recently, I've started waking up earlier, and I really don't mind it a much at all. For one thing, it makes the days seem longer. I've also found that I'm capable of being productive in the mornings just as much as I was in the late evenings. I was a real night owl. I used to scoff at people who said it's more tuned to our natural rhythms, but I think I'm starting to see what they're talking about.I tend to get in more hours of sleep this way as well.

The real upside, however, is eating dinner at 4:30 in the afternoon. Myrtle and I usually catch the early bird special over at Country Kitchen, and to bed by 7.

Yep, that's called getting old.  That happened to me.  I have to get up early now...I used to sleep in until 12 whenever I could.
\()/ 3~ \()/

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #6498 on: November 11, 2012, 07:08:24 AM »

Yep, that's called getting old.  That happened to me.  I have to get up early now...I used to sleep in until 12 whenever I could.

I thought that might have something to do with it. I think I've been denying myself that natural progression. I can remember mom going to bed super early, and getting up at like 4:30 or 5. She was probably in her late thirties/early forties when she started doing that.

That's a good point about having to get up. Now when I wake up, I feel I should just get out of bed and get started. I'm more rested and full of energy, whereas when I slept late, it took me a lot longer to wake up. I felt more lethargic than I do now.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #6499 on: November 11, 2012, 07:08:47 AM »
Early to rise - late to bed - siesta in the afternoon is still my general sleep cycle. Long may it continue, nothing interesting happens from 13:00 - 18:00 anyway.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #6500 on: November 11, 2012, 07:10:01 AM »
if i nap at all during the day, i find it incredibly difficult to get to sleep at night.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #6501 on: November 11, 2012, 07:21:01 AM »
The Sun is awesome I don't care what those mean old priests of Amun have to say on the matter, they aren't Pharaoh I a....oh I'm sorry, was having flashbacks for a moment.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #6502 on: November 11, 2012, 07:29:26 AM »
Early to rise - late to bed - siesta in the afternoon is still my general sleep cycle. Long may it continue, nothing interesting happens from 13:00 - 18:00 anyway.

Interesting. I'm the same as gofly in that a nap absolutely wires me for the night. Cat naps are good when I haven't gotten enough sleep. They're a great way to recharge.

I kinda miss being up real late, but I'm usually alone working, or dicking around on the internet, as opposed to doing something social.

I still fucking hate mornings.  The sun mocks me.

I was definitely in that camp, but I'm starting to enjoy that whole fresh, new day vibe of the early morning.

"Country fresh, like the morning after a rainstorm."

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #6503 on: November 11, 2012, 07:32:32 AM »
The Sun is awesome I don't care what those mean old priests of Amun have to say on the matter, they aren't Pharaoh I a....oh I'm sorry, was having flashbacks for a moment.

Akhenaten had some weird body issues. And I don't mean body image.
Oh yeah, the weird head and abdomen swellings certainly point to his likely being horribly horribly in-bred, which is interesting really: Monotheism - It's a side effect of in-breeding. ;)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #6504 on: November 11, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
Monotheism - It's a side effect of in-breeding. ;)

That's the absolute worst slogan I've ever heard.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #6505 on: November 12, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »
What's with DB's post count and member designation?

Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #6506 on: November 12, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »

:o

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3861
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6507 on: November 12, 2012, 08:55:36 AM »

Ask Torgos.. You'll be there one day ;D

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #6508 on: November 12, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »
Yeah that's the right designation.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #6509 on: November 12, 2012, 09:03:20 AM »

Ask Torgos.. You'll be there one day ;D

IF I DON'T RAGE QUIT FIRST!  :angry:
Bonhead #2
fs!!