login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1786753 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #6420 on: October 26, 2012, 04:09:42 PM »
Nothing quite like stopping work because you discover the dusty filthy shelf your disassembling is direcly under an asbestos covered pipe.

Also nothing like your supervisor trying to convince you that you don't need masks to continue because the only way that asbestos can harm you is if you lick it.  (Seriously, those are her words.)

But masks were found, work continues more carefully.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #6421 on: October 26, 2012, 04:21:14 PM »
Nothing quite like stopping work because you discover the dusty filthy shelf your disassembling is direcly under an asbestos covered pipe.

Also nothing like your supervisor trying to convince you that you don't need masks to continue because the only way that asbestos can harm you is if you lick it.  (Seriously, those are her words.)

But masks were found, work continues more carefully.

1. Sue company for cancer endangerment.
2. Win buttload of money.
3. ???
3. Quit working and take up decoupage.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #6422 on: October 26, 2012, 04:22:55 PM »
In fact, you can have one of my kidneys if you want.

That would be one of those like for like type swaps there, think I'll pass. Only ever been woken from sleep by a calculus once though, they tend to pick tennis games and the like to make themselves known.  :(

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #6423 on: October 28, 2012, 08:01:18 PM »
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-pop-culture-arguments-that-need-to-be-retired/

The only thing I don't like about this list is the fact I can't make the third point my sig on here.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Danecho1967

« Reply #6424 on: October 29, 2012, 06:01:16 AM »
Called a guy to tell him his business alarm is going off.  He F-Bombs me a few times, then hangs up on me.  So I have to call him back, because in between the expletives he said he was going there.  I ask him if he wants the cops, and he F-Bombs me an impressive number of times and hangs up again. 

So I call the police dispatcher (actually, some of the most awesome and professional people I've ever talked to, btw) and tell her, "ma'am I have a key holder en route, I've called him twice and I can only tell you two things about him, his first name, Tad, and his favorite curse word: I can't say it because we are being recorded."

She laughs and says "I'll be happy to tell the officers on scene that he was behaving like an ass.  Oh, I shouldn't have said that..."

I don't have a real problem with vulgarity, but I can't stand unoriginality.  I mean, if your going to use expletives, you might as well mix in some shits, damns, and bitches, or even a cunt if you can pull it off. 

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6425 on: October 29, 2012, 08:28:40 AM »
Called a guy to tell him his business alarm is going off.  He F-Bombs me a few times, then hangs up on me.  So I have to call him back, because in between the expletives he said he was going there.  I ask him if he wants the cops, and he F-Bombs me an impressive number of times and hangs up again. 

So I call the police dispatcher (actually, some of the most awesome and professional people I've ever talked to, btw) and tell her, "ma'am I have a key holder en route, I've called him twice and I can only tell you two things about him, his first name, Tad, and his favorite curse word: I can't say it because we are being recorded."

She laughs and says "I'll be happy to tell the officers on scene that he was behaving like an ass.  Oh, I shouldn't have said that..."

I don't have a real problem with vulgarity, but I can't stand unoriginality.  I mean, if your going to use expletives, you might as well mix in some shits, damns, and bitches, or even a cunt if you can pull it off.
Well shit hell fire! Fuckin fuckers fucked up my day! FFFFFUCK! ;D

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #6426 on: October 31, 2012, 07:51:39 PM »
Holy shit. I just got overrun by a group of about twenty kids. That one mob has decimated my supplies. I wasn't prepared for this! I can't take another hit like that! MAYDAY! MAYDAY!!! SEND CHOCOLATY REINFORCEMENTS!!11!!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #6427 on: October 31, 2012, 08:05:12 PM »
Holy shit. I just got overrun by a group of about twenty kids. That one mob has decimated my supplies. I wasn't prepared for this! I can't take another hit like that! MAYDAY! MAYDAY!!! SEND CHOCOLATY REINFORCEMENTS!!11!!
Dammit, and now I can't find a pic of the chocolate candy bar robot squad from the Simpsons.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #6428 on: November 01, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »

I've always enjoyed the term "suck a mule" myself.  As in oh, suck a mule...

Or "shit a brick"

Opticians are easy on the eyes

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3179
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6429 on: November 01, 2012, 03:54:54 PM »
Halloween went pretty smoothly over at our place. We had EXACTLY enough candy for every trick or treater, minus one bag of Reece's Pieces, which I consumed. I made some kid's day by recognizing his costume as the guy from Minecraft. We watched Frankenstein.

But this is all just a flimsy pretense for me to post up an adorable picture of my son in the costume Tyrant made for him:

Yes, it glows in the dark, and yes, there's a stuffed identity disk that velcros onto the back. :^)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #6430 on: November 01, 2012, 07:49:39 PM »
Educational Curator position at a local Zoo, which more than a month left for applications, so want to get it!

Or, to put it another way:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:05:37 PM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #6431 on: November 01, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »
Educational Curator position at a local Zoo, which more than a month left for applications, so want to get it!

you were sure to highlight your internship at the discovery institute, and your belief that noah's ark is entirely factual and that darwin*'s a ninny, right?

*both of them.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #6432 on: November 01, 2012, 10:37:37 PM »
Well no one has ever seen a monkey give birth to a crocoduck, so evolution can't be real!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #6433 on: November 02, 2012, 03:52:54 AM »
There a performance element to the position (writing and staging educational shows and the like) maybe I can get a Crocoduck puppet madeā€¦ ;)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #6434 on: November 02, 2012, 09:03:25 AM »
As long as you name it Kirk, thats all that matters.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.