login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1790624 times)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #5940 on: August 17, 2012, 09:09:03 PM »
I like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It's Powerpuff girls in pony form
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #5941 on: August 18, 2012, 01:14:20 AM »
I have this repressed memory. It hits me like when I see certain pictures. I was in my late teens. I was about to cross a busy road to a lake park. There were two ducks a few feet away also waiting to cross, keeping a wary eye on me. No doubt they lived across the road at the park. They were a mated pair. Ducks do that. They remain monogamous. The mallard is brightly plumed and the female is drab and brown. I remember she started to cross the road and then she was just....gone. Flattened so fast, I didn't even register the collision. There was no explosion of feathers. The car never even slowed.

And the thing that haunts me is the male just didn't understand! That animal innocence with no concept of death. He just stayed at the greasespot that was his mate a few seconds ago, and quacked. Like he was saying "Get up! We have to go!". Soon, he was starting to block traffic. I shooed him away to the other side and he kept trying to come back and get her. I eventually got him to fly away. I don't know if he came back after that.

I think it was my fault. I think I spooked them into crossing too early. I mean, I didn't go "Boo!" and try to spook them. I think I just came too close for their comfort and scared them into crossing too early. And I broke something precious.

My mind dredges up that memory with crystal clarity to punish me at weird times.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #5942 on: August 18, 2012, 07:02:43 AM »
Well, good morning, Captain Bringdown.  Sadness systems are at at full capacity.

:(
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #5943 on: August 18, 2012, 07:39:06 AM »
Life is full of death, pain, and sorrow.  Its the way of the world.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #5944 on: August 18, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »
Life is full of death, pain, and sorrow.  Its the way of the world.
Oh yeah, I remember that Mr. Rogers quote. Wierd episode...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5945 on: August 18, 2012, 08:50:45 AM »
If you think Bipolar means a bisexual polar bear or a stripper that can dance on 2 poles at once, you might be a dumbass! :-X

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #5946 on: August 18, 2012, 09:20:59 AM »
I was in a Vons supermarket yesterday, and they have this thing where they ask you if you want to round up your bill to the next dollar amount as a donation towards Muscular Dystrophy research. I don't normally shop at this store, so the whole thing was new to me. So, I'm standing in line behind a woman who's in the process of checking out, and the checker asks her is she would like to round up her bill seven cents to donate to MS. She said no. I'm not sure why, but I was a little taken aback. Seven cents? Somebody would ask you if you wanted to pitch in an extra seven cents to MS, and you would think about it for a second and actually say no?

Now for all I know, this woman may donate a bunch of money to charity (maybe even MS) through methods other than the occasional bill round up at the grocery store, but there was just something about the way she said "NO" that kinda makes me think she doesn't. And I understand people may have rules and preferences for deciding when and where to donate to stuff, but if I'm in line and somebody asks me if I wouldn't mind tacking on seven cents for MS, I'm not gonna say no.

On a side note, he asked me if I wanted to round up my bill forty-five cents, and I told him to round it up fifty-two cents to cover her seven cents. So, I guess the most important thing to take away from this story is that I am a fucking hero!!!  :D
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #5947 on: August 18, 2012, 09:24:06 AM »
I will let you know when the parade in your honor is ready.

Zombie Monty

« Reply #5948 on: August 18, 2012, 09:52:09 AM »
I was in a Vons supermarket yesterday, and they have this thing where they ask you if you want to round up your bill to the next dollar amount as a donation towards Muscular Dystrophy research. I don't normally shop at this store, so the whole thing was new to me.  He asked me if I wanted to round up my bill forty-five cents, and I told him to round it up fifty-two cents!  I am a fucking hero!!!  :D

There, now you sound like a lunatic.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5949 on: August 18, 2012, 09:58:31 AM »
I've never heard of that "round up" method of donating, I wish all stores would do that, change is so useless now.  Wawa has nice plexiglass donation thingies next to the registers, I always throw my change into them, so they get 1 or 2 bucks from me every week.

Yes, I'll admit it, I am addicted to the mozzarella sticks and jalapeno bites at Wawa.  I get bummed out when that little warming shelf they put them on is empty.  Doesn't help that I can walk to the nearest Wawa in less than 5 minutes.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #5950 on: August 18, 2012, 12:34:22 PM »
I am a fucking hero!!!  :D

DB Barnes you're my hero
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #5951 on: August 18, 2012, 02:08:30 PM »
I love that show.  :)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #5952 on: August 18, 2012, 06:50:58 PM »
Since neither APGIL nor I have a cell phone, we went to go look into getting them tonight. No thanks.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #5953 on: August 18, 2012, 06:56:10 PM »
I hear they are marvelous inventions.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #5954 on: August 18, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »
I've had the same pre-paid burner since 2007. The deepest conversation I've ever had on it has been "You on your way? Good. I'll be here."
I've never understood peoples' preoccupation with them.