Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789444 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #5670 on: July 24, 2012, 07:19:58 AM »
Welp, the wife's vacation in Mexico is coming to an end after today and that means my month long experience of being single comes to an end as well.. :(
Gotta clean up the house now :o
Aside from having to work at my new job, I rather enjoyed the peace and solitude but I do miss the wife and will be glad to see her again :)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #5671 on: July 24, 2012, 09:24:55 AM »
Having a really hard time trying to keep myself from looking at property for sale in North Carolina. I know it will just bum me out.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5672 on: July 25, 2012, 08:57:43 PM »
And the wife has returned from Mexico.. YAY! ;D

She brought me presents (I.E. Tequilas, tamales, picaditas, and more :P ) then she proceeds to start to clean everything in the house since I apparently didn't do a good enough job.. I dumped the trash, washed dishes and did the laundry!  :-\

Oh well. I tried  :)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #5673 on: July 26, 2012, 04:53:42 AM »
i know the daily show and colbert only pick the crazier clips, but how can anyone take fox news seriously when it's so full of crazy? do all americans view the network as hilarious? ???
dF = 0
d*F = J

Danecho1967

« Reply #5674 on: July 26, 2012, 05:46:50 AM »
i know the daily show and colbert only pick the crazier clips, but how can anyone take fox news seriously when it's so full of crazy? do all americans view the network as hilarious? ???
The conservative radio shows and Pajamas Media do the same thing with MSNBC.  Put talking heads and pundits on air 24/7, and it won't be long before one will make a 15 second statement that, when shown outside of the context of the larger discussion, will look crazy and/or stupid.

Also, one persons "crazy" is another person's "common sense" in our polarized world.  Goes both ways.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #5675 on: July 26, 2012, 06:03:30 AM »
Nah, they're all crazy.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #5676 on: July 26, 2012, 11:22:26 AM »
As I was leaving for work this morning there was a family on the opposite side of the street with a little kid that was bawling her head off about something stupid, and it just put such a smile on my face. I really do live on the tears of little children, it's such a good feeling.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #5677 on: July 26, 2012, 01:30:31 PM »
Wurwolf's ideal day job:

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #5678 on: July 26, 2012, 03:36:25 PM »
You mean that actually isnt Wurwolf at all?  Damn, my mental images of her when I read her post are all wrong!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #5679 on: July 26, 2012, 03:52:29 PM »
The only national news network that I take seriously anymore is NPR (That's National Public Radio for anyone who didn't know).

Television networks are a business, plain and simple. And pundits draw more of an audience than serious journalists. That's why you get people like Bill O'Reilly, Keith Olberman, Glen Beck and Rachael Maddow on "serious" news networks. They're no different than the Daily Show or the Colbert Report. They're there to entertain (ie pander to) a certain demographic. The difference is that many people of that demographic actually take them seriously. And that fact makes me want to vomit.

As I was leaving for work this morning there was a family on the opposite side of the street with a little kid that was bawling her head off about something stupid, and it just put such a smile on my face. I really do live on the tears of little children, it's such a good feeling.

If it had been a boy, I would have been like "Yeah, too damn bad kid. Suck it up", but I can't stand to see little girls cry. I guess it's different if you're female... maybe. How should I know, I'm male.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5680 on: July 26, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »
The only national news network that I take seriously anymore is NPR

How sad is it that John Stewart now makes fun of CNN almost as much as FOX News.

I listen to the BBC world service on satellite radio or streaming, only slightly biased and they cover countries you never hear about on US networks.  They also do some pretty good science/technology/entertainment programs.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #5681 on: July 26, 2012, 04:38:55 PM »

If it had been a boy, I would have been like "Yeah, too damn bad kid. Suck it up", but I can't stand to see little girls cry. I guess it's different if you're female... maybe. How should I know, I'm male.

I enjoy the misery of little children regardless of gender. I never really liked kids, but I think having two of my own traumatized me. Well.... one of them traumatized me. The other one was a good kid.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #5682 on: July 26, 2012, 06:56:44 PM »
Never had kids, and by the grace of Cthulhu, I never will. I'm proud of myself for not contributing to overpopulation. I'm contemptuous of people that give into primitive biological imperative to breed just because they can.

But then, there is always the deep rooted fear of dying alone and unloved in some government funded old folks home.

So......anyone wanna breed?

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #5683 on: July 26, 2012, 06:58:41 PM »
No thanks. I'm good.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #5684 on: July 26, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »
I can do you a deal on one of my bastards if you like, each and every one guaranteed to be at least crate trained.