Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1790622 times)

Russell

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #5655 on: July 17, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »
You know what? Carl Weathers is one of the coolest guys ever... why doesn't he appear in films anymore?(Good movies I mean that aren't made by the Asylum)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #5656 on: July 17, 2012, 01:59:31 PM »
You know what? Carl Weathers is one of the coolest guys ever... why doesn't he appear in films anymore?(Good movies I mean that aren't made by the Asylum)

Carl weathers doesn't like stew.

He LOVES it.

STU!

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #5657 on: July 18, 2012, 10:06:12 AM »
I've always thought it would be fun to meet Steve Carrell and ask him if he's that guy in that Fed-ex commercial.

Bet he doesn't get that one much.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #5658 on: July 18, 2012, 05:54:38 PM »
I haven't slept in three days, and when that happens, I start hallucinating music. The strange thing is, there has to be an ambient sound in the room, like my AC. If I turn it off, the music will disappear. It will frequently be stuff I know, like The Sound of Music, Little Shop of Horrors, or Les Miserables.

But the annoying ones are songs that sound familiar, but I can't find anything like them anywhere. There was one today that said something like Watch out for the tables, whiskey in a corner (or on a table) and don't fall down. I looked up songs with lines like those, and none of them fit the melody. Which I now can't remember. However, for about an hour I had those songs stuck in my head too. Fascinating this is, my brain actually coordinated all the melodies together. Sometimes I think I could be a good composer, if I could just do it on purpose. And remember it later.

Right now I've got Turning Through the Years from Les Miz stuck in my head. It wouldn't be so bad, if I actually any control over what was playing.

I've had a couple of visual hallucinations over the years too. One time, about 6 years ago, I was convinced I saw the FBI closing in on my house. One of them even had a directional mic. I rushed to my computer and perma-deleted everything that was pirated.... A few hours later, I was like "Oh Shit :grr:

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #5659 on: July 18, 2012, 06:03:04 PM »
Can you replicate the melody of the quasi familiar songs in some way, even humming, maybe we could confirm it the songs exist. :)

Russell

« Reply #5660 on: July 18, 2012, 11:52:07 PM »
2 of the greatest fan debates of all time...
Joel vs Mike
Natalie vs. Sharona...
wait what?

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 735
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #5661 on: July 19, 2012, 04:04:12 AM »
I haven't slept in three days, and when that happens, I start hallucinating music. The strange thing is, there has to be an ambient sound in the room, like my AC. If I turn it off, the music will disappear. It will frequently be stuff I know, like The Sound of Music, Little Shop of Horrors, or Les Miserables.

But the annoying ones are songs that sound familiar, but I can't find anything like them anywhere. There was one today that said something like Watch out for the tables, whiskey in a corner (or on a table) and don't fall down. I looked up songs with lines like those, and none of them fit the melody. Which I now can't remember. However, for about an hour I had those songs stuck in my head too. Fascinating this is, my brain actually coordinated all the melodies together. Sometimes I think I could be a good composer, if I could just do it on purpose. And remember it later.

Right now I've got Turning Through the Years from Les Miz stuck in my head. It wouldn't be so bad, if I actually any control over what was playing.

I've had a couple of visual hallucinations over the years too. One time, about 6 years ago, I was convinced I saw the FBI closing in on my house. One of them even had a directional mic. I rushed to my computer and perma-deleted everything that was pirated.... A few hours later, I was like "Oh Shit :grr:

Make that 4 nights in a row. This time I wrote it down before I forgot, because it's too funny.

The music is a hodgepodge of the background music from the original Star Wars arcade game, Sterns new Batman pinball, and some other game I forget. The lyrics are a repeating loop of "Throw me the bone, Gimme the Bone, Gimmie the Bone, Give me fucking fucking bone, Please Sir do Throw me the FUCKING BONE. Then it goes into the Robot Devil's fiddle song, then it goes into Mean Green Mother played on a Banjo, Then The Hampster dance. Then a bunch of Random Whose Line is it Anyway quotes. All as performed by some rapper I happened to hear yesterday. With random reprises of Gimmie the Bone.

And all with same trio of arcade games playing in the background. 

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5662 on: July 19, 2012, 04:11:01 AM »
 :scared: :speechless:

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5663 on: July 19, 2012, 08:28:07 AM »
Joel vs Mike
Natalie vs. Sharona...
wait what?

A Natalie vs. Sharona flame war would be something to see.  And be fun to mess with, you could switch sides a lot and who could tell?

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #5664 on: July 20, 2012, 03:25:42 PM »
Joel vs Mike
Natalie vs. Sharona...
wait what?

A Natalie vs. Sharona flame war would be something to see.  And be fun to mess with, you could switch sides a lot and who could tell?

Assuming you're talking about Monk, and assuming I'm remembering their names correctly, I hated Sharona. Natalie FTW.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #5665 on: July 20, 2012, 03:34:26 PM »
No Kirk vs Picard?  Laaaaaaaame!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #5666 on: July 20, 2012, 03:45:31 PM »
Nectarines are peaches without the drawbacks.

YES. Peaches are nectarine's jail bitch.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #5667 on: July 20, 2012, 06:21:21 PM »
Aww I rather enjoy the soft fluff on a peach, it's a nice texture before you get to the sweet juiciness, I mean, I like smooth too, but a little fluff isn't so bad.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #5668 on: July 20, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »
are we still talking about fruit? ???
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #5669 on: July 20, 2012, 08:07:56 PM »
are we still talking about fruit? ???
Let's say you take out what you bring in.