login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1786722 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #5130 on: May 02, 2012, 09:36:32 AM »
nope.  I meant to bastardize it.  KFC does not deserve that level of compliment
:o
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:47:06 AM by RVR II »

Offline therul

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 43
  • just another day in paradise
« Reply #5131 on: May 02, 2012, 09:41:24 AM »
I am hoping for Weinershnitzel
We are the only intelligent beings- Arrogance 3:15

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #5132 on: May 02, 2012, 09:42:12 AM »
nope.  I meant to bastardize it.  KFC does not deserve that level of compliment
KFC is a good alternative to eating Taco Bell for a colon cleansing FYI :o
That really wasn't needed for anyone's information.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5133 on: May 02, 2012, 09:47:37 AM »
Sorry.. Edited my original post :-\

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #5134 on: May 02, 2012, 11:06:05 AM »
"Little Red Corvette" is really a nasty song, but I love it.  Trojans and some of them used?  Ewww...

But I wonder how this gets played in its entirety and "Jack and Diane" is censored on the same station.
What part of "Jack and Diane" is censored?  Or are you kidding?

I was singing along and realized the "dribble off those Bobby Brooks, let me do as I please" was missing.  Also where he has his hands between her knees.

I've always seen this song as a couple foolin' around and she gets pregnant.  Good message behind the lyrics.  That's another hobby of mine, studying song lyrics.  And as stated before, yes, I have no life.

And also "Summer of '69", love me some Bryan Adams.  These 80s songwriters were pretty good at masking the naughty bits.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #5135 on: May 02, 2012, 11:13:28 AM »
Fascinating.  Tell us more.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Danecho1967

« Reply #5136 on: May 02, 2012, 11:51:51 AM »
"Little Red Corvette" is really a nasty song, but I love it.  Trojans and some of them used?  Ewww...

But I wonder how this gets played in its entirety and "Jack and Diane" is censored on the same station.
What part of "Jack and Diane" is censored?  Or are you kidding?

I was singing along and realized the "dribble off those Bobby Brooks, let me do as I please" was missing.  Also where he has his hands between her knees.

I've always seen this song as a couple foolin' around and she gets pregnant.  Good message behind the lyrics.  That's another hobby of mine, studying song lyrics.  And as stated before, yes, I have no life.

And also "Summer of '69", love me some Bryan Adams.  These 80s songwriters were pretty good at masking the naughty bits.
It sounds like they removed the second verse.  I've never heard any cuts to the song on the radio.  That's why I was curious.

Your analysis of the song is pretty much spot-on, I think.  During the 80's there were still pretty stict rules preventing artists from being too blunt in their lyrics.  Yet the entire genre of rock (yes, Mellencamp was considered "rock") was based on drug use and sex.  There are some pretty clever lyrics from that time on those subjects.  ZZ-Top, for instance; listen to their greatest hits compilation and you will see that every single song is about sex.

I was surprised, back in the day, that "Relax" could be played on the radio.  It was overt in what it was about, whereas other songs from the era, like "Turning Japanese" and "Dancing With Myself" were less obvious.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #5137 on: May 02, 2012, 12:15:31 PM »
There's this old guy at the gym who moves incredibly slowly.  How slowly?

I went there today to start my workout routine, which is a simple 60 minutes on the treadmill.  I went into the locker room to change into my workout gear (sweatpants and a spare t-shirt that I don't mind getting sweat drenched in case I don't plan on going home immediately afterwords).  He was apparently just finishing, because I saw him doing as only the old men do, and getting naked to go to the shower.

I get changed and get out to the treadmill just as he's walking over to the shower.  I run my hour, which simultaneously seems to take forever and no time at all.  Then I get back to the locker room to wipe down the gallon of back sweat and change into jeans and a dry t-shirt.  The old guy is still there, in boxers, sandals, and a t-shirt moving slowly and staring into the mirror.

I wonder what his story is.  He's there every weekday, but I never see him on weekends.  Maybe he has nothing else to do or nowhere else to go, so he just loiters in the locker room for hours.

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #5138 on: May 02, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
I'm sure he's "working" if you catch my drift ;)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #5139 on: May 02, 2012, 01:45:01 PM »
Would love to be able to suggest a caption for the current Photo Riffing pic but I keep being distracted by just how stunning the girl in underneath the crappy make-up. Those are one of the most beautiful pairs of eyes I think I've ever seen.

MontyServo

« Reply #5140 on: May 02, 2012, 01:55:51 PM »
Would love to be able to suggest a caption for the current Photo Riffing pic but I keep being distracted by just how stunning the girl in underneath the crappy make-up. Those are one of the most beautiful pairs of eyes I think I've ever seen.

It is going to turn out that this is a crime scene photo and she just killed her grandparents.

Oh wait, I think I almost got another funny caption involving diarrhea! lolz!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:08:40 PM by Monty »

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #5141 on: May 02, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
Wait, so you don't shower after a workout which leaves you doused in sweat?
No.  I'm in public.  I'm not walking around naked in public.  That's disgusting.

In fact, as I've noticed, most people don't.  It's sweat.  The bulk of it that leaves me uncomfortable I wipe off with some paper towels then change into a dry shirt.

Dried sweat will wash off just fine 10 hours later with soap and hot water in the privacy of my own home.  It's not like spilling red wine onto a white carpet.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #5142 on: May 02, 2012, 02:37:41 PM »
I'm sure he's "working" if you catch my drift ;)
Sure don't!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #5143 on: May 02, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »
It is going to turn out that this is a crime scene photo and she just killed her grandparents.
Oh, but what a beautiful maniac she is (also, she killed them with tempera, maybe semi-gloss?). ;)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #5144 on: May 02, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »
Wait, so you don't shower after a workout which leaves you doused in sweat?
No.  I'm in public.  I'm not walking around naked in public.  That's disgusting.

In fact, as I've noticed, most people don't.  It's sweat.  The bulk of it that leaves me uncomfortable I wipe off with some paper towels then change into a dry shirt.

Dried sweat will wash off just fine 10 hours later with soap and hot water in the privacy of my own home.  It's not like spilling red wine onto a white carpet.

Unless the shower's outside, that's not "in public."  But hey, whatever.  It's just some wangs, it's not going to kill you. I put on some flipflops and take a shower, because, you know, hygiene.   Also, not in middle school.
Really?  How is a locker room at a gym, which is not in my home not a public place?

See, I'm not Adrian Monk, so I don't freak out because of a little sweat.  Neither do the vast majority of people at that same gym.  At this gym, almost nobody showers after a workout.  Almost nobody showered after gym class when I was in high school either.  I think it's because people aren't terrified of a little sweat.  I'm inclined to believe that I'm the normal one and you're not. 

I know that you're generally a combative, mean spirited person who belittles everyone who has a different perspective than you, so you can't understand the concept of being bashful, or having a thing called dignity. 

So I'm gonna go ahead and use that snazzy new ignore feature.  I don't think that in the roughly 200 posts you put up every day that you've said anything worth reading anyway.