Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1897781 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7128
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #20190 on: March 23, 2020, 04:52:50 AM »
drugs are like that.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20191 on: March 23, 2020, 08:26:38 AM »
For a creepy sight/reminder of what's going on in the world, look up your zip code on Fandango! The front page is pretty much a front for their on-demand service right now, but I don't think anyone was using Fandango for their on-demand needs.

Sidebar: My Birthday is Saturday and while it's a minor quibble in the face of everything else that's going on, it sucks to see everything I enjoy doing falling off the list one by one. Eating out? Nope. Movie? Nope. Trip to the Zoo? Nope. That new big arcade I've been waiting all year to check out? Closed. I am NOT a social person, but it turns out I like doing a lot of things where a lot of people are present.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 850
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #20192 on: March 23, 2020, 10:26:22 AM »
Gamestop now has a contact-less way of picking up games from their store. From what I understand, you order what you want online and you pick it up at the door.... somehow. I'm calling Gamestop customer service right now to try and get more details because the Final Fantasy VII remake is coming out April 10th and I just want to know how they are going to do this.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20193 on: March 23, 2020, 12:12:25 PM »
So our local news station just reported that New Mexico was going to be under a Shelter-in-Place order, which means you can't leave the house even for groceries, and sent people into a panic and my wife to the Supermarket. Then they issued a correction saying, "Oh, we meant Stay-at-Home instructions." That's- WAY different.

Offline Lesbunny

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 782
  • I just kinda want to die all the time
« Reply #20194 on: March 23, 2020, 12:45:43 PM »
So our local news station just reported that New Mexico was going to be under a Shelter-in-Place order, which means you can't leave the house even for groceries, and sent people into a panic and my wife to the Supermarket. Then they issued a correction saying, "Oh, we meant Stay-at-Home instructions." That's- WAY different.

Where I'm at in Kansas is going into Stay at Home orders starting tomorrow. Things are serious.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 346
« Reply #20195 on: March 23, 2020, 04:39:31 PM »
Wisconsin shelter in place being signed by governor tomorrow. In an essential business (part of the food supply chain), so work as usual for me.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20196 on: March 23, 2020, 04:57:33 PM »
Wait...sure about New Mexico not allowing grocery shopping? Cause that's one of the few things most states that are issuing shelter at home orders are still allowing.
Not saying it's a good idea unless you need to do it, but some people are going to need to do it. Especially if these orders end up going more then 2 weeks.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20197 on: March 23, 2020, 05:55:31 PM »
Well there was no shelter-in-place. It was a rogue headline writer or something.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2913
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20198 on: March 23, 2020, 06:23:11 PM »
They still haven't closed the schools here and we government workers are not yet allowed to work from home. Very frustrating.

Stay safe everyone.
FINE

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2920
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20199 on: March 23, 2020, 06:42:55 PM »
Stay home order now in effect for my area.  Only trips allowed are to get food, to a doctor, or to go to work, I've got a few hours a week of work feeding animals and watering the greenhouse and I'll be the only one in the building when I do that.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20200 on: March 23, 2020, 07:16:58 PM »
So I've reached a point in my life where I can no longer ignore it, and my video game avatars are going to start having grey hair. I started getting grey hairs when I was like 22, so it doesn't exactly make me feel OLD, but it's a turning point.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20201 on: March 23, 2020, 07:26:11 PM »
Bald spot started for me about 12 years ago. Bald spot (which my grandfather also had) bummed me out big time when it first appeared, but what can you do that doesn't end up looking ridiculous, so it is what it is.
Grey started much more recently-few head hairs here and there and most of my beard. Grey doesn't bother me a bit.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2913
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20202 on: March 23, 2020, 07:27:45 PM »
My greys are all in my beard, which happened from a fairly young age.
FINE

Offline Lesbunny

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 782
  • I just kinda want to die all the time
« Reply #20203 on: March 24, 2020, 09:38:16 AM »
I was allowed into the school to get some personal items that I'd left behind. Seeing it all dark and empty really brought home how sad all of this is, and how much I'm going to miss working there until August rolls around again.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4865
« Reply #20204 on: March 26, 2020, 07:53:29 PM »
Just thinking about the Pure Moods compilation cd that used to be advertised on tv a lot and the weird inclusion of a techno remix of the X-Files theme.  Most of the CD is stuff like Enya or Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells and there's that random remix.  Not even the original tune.