Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1790621 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19920 on: July 11, 2019, 08:57:29 AM »
Why to they call in parallel parking?  It's cars in a single line, it should be called in-line parking.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #19921 on: July 11, 2019, 09:37:56 AM »
Why to they call in parallel parking?  It's cars in a single line, it should be called in-line parking.

And why do we park in a driveway but drive on a parkway?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19922 on: July 11, 2019, 09:39:24 AM »
Hell people around here can't park in between lines anyway. .
Just call it 'park your shit wherever cause the lines mean nothing' :-X

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #19923 on: July 11, 2019, 09:40:03 AM »

and what's the deal with airplane food?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19924 on: July 11, 2019, 09:41:48 AM »

and what's the deal with airplane food?
Be glad you get a tiny sack of nuts or pretzels or whatever morsels they serve you for free  8)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19925 on: July 12, 2019, 06:04:31 AM »
This redneck couple had a spat out in the parking lot of the small post office I'm working at and the woman kick her man out of the car and she sped off. Dude all disheveled went walking off in the opposite direction.
Welcome to hooterville SC ::)

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #19926 on: July 12, 2019, 11:39:29 AM »
Heh heh, you said Hooter.

Anyway I was watching Starship Invasions this morning and noticed Helen Shaver was in the movie. I was just looking her up on IMDB and I was confused. I was like "Wasn't she Supergirl?" Then I put 2 and 2 together and after one more search and I was like... OHHHH that was Helen SLATER! You guys can understand my confusion right?

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 111
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
« Reply #19927 on: July 13, 2019, 11:04:59 AM »
Heh heh, you said Hooter.

Anyway I was watching Starship Invasions this morning and noticed Helen Shaver was in the movie. I was just looking her up on IMDB and I was confused. I was like "Wasn't she Supergirl?" Then I put 2 and 2 together and after one more search and I was like... OHHHH that was Helen SLATER! You guys can understand my confusion right?

My wife and I have been watching her (Helen Shaver) on Poltergeist: The Legacy (Showtime series from the 90s that has nothing to do with the Poltergeist film series; first two seasons now on Amazon Prime). Starship Invasions apparently was one of her earliest roles, as she went on to better movies and TV in the decades since. She's still active these days, but mostly in directing.
"You never know, in a tight jam a nuclear missile just might come in handy."

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19928 on: July 13, 2019, 05:34:30 PM »
Yeah I seem to remember her directing some episodes of Law and Order SVU.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #19929 on: July 14, 2019, 12:09:53 PM »
Yeah I seem to remember her directing some episodes of Law and Order SVU.
I was about to comment about any of her episodes because I'm going through SVU now but looks like I'm 3 seasons behind from when she started.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7909
« Reply #19930 on: July 17, 2019, 07:17:55 AM »

And can anyone open those airline peanuts?  What's the deal?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19931 on: July 17, 2019, 04:15:12 PM »

And can anyone open those airline peanuts?  What's the deal?
Nut allergies  :rimshot:

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #19932 on: July 18, 2019, 05:34:38 PM »
So I’ve had about a six year running joke with my ex that Tom Hooper, the screenwriter, lives in her butt. I can’t explain the origin because I don’t remember it. All I know is that I keep insisting, in very elaborate ways, that that is where he lives, while she insists that no, in fact Tom Hooper lives in my butt. A very mature gag, I assure you.

Well today I informed my ex that Tom Hooper has directed the weird and off looking adaptation of Cats, to which she replied “No one who lives in my butt would direct Cats.”  Which is now my favorite sentence of all time. But I can’t repeat it to anyone without sounding utterly insane.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19933 on: July 18, 2019, 11:46:29 PM »
I swear to god if I see just one more person taking out their phone during a goddamn movie I am going to take that phone away from them and they are going to have to kick my ass to get it back from me.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #19934 on: July 19, 2019, 07:35:31 AM »
I swear to god if I see just one more person taking out their phone during a goddamn movie I am going to take that phone away from them and they are going to have to kick my ass to get it back from me.
I'll cheer you on while you do it too! I've started going to IMAX movies just because they're more expensive and people tend to be more respectful when you're paying top dollar. I think that era has gone now. Saw Spider-Man: Far From Home opening weekend, and this guy in the front row was on his phone for 15 minutes of the big climactic ending battle stuff. I was sitting in the near-back. Just as I leaned forward to walk all the way down to confront the guy, he put it away. Thought I might talk to him after the movie was over. Why was I not surprised his party was the first to leave the moment any credits showed up? It's a Marvel movie. If he waited 30 seconds, he would've seen more of the movie. Why go to an IMAX showing if you don't care? Ugh. Waitaminute... this isn't the RRRAAAARRGGGHHHH thread. lol

I've dreamed of doing this, but now I'm finally gonna pull the trigger and buy myself a laser pointer. Next inconsiderate jackanape that gets on their phone is gonna get a screen full of red dot. Zero confrontation. Pretty clear message.