Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1771936 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 255

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 538
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19696 on: December 29, 2018, 04:29:06 PM »
See I can't afford no fancy back scratcher. That's why I just use a door jamb to scratch my back. It's great, in addition to being a great place to shelter yourself from an earthquake(Warning: My data on that fact may be slightly antiquated)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3146
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19697 on: December 30, 2018, 12:34:59 AM »
My son, when naming things, has this way of coming up with names that sound like they should be names, but I'm pretty sure have never actually been used to name anything. He has a stuffed dinosaur named Lipe and a rubber snake named Hort. So we got him a parakeet for Christmas and his name is Klase.

There's something pure about these names. Like- the only reason they're not common names is because everyone's afraid to try new things.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19698 on: December 30, 2018, 12:50:57 PM »
When I was a lot younger we'd always name our animals after characters from TV shows. It's actually a tradition I am still a fan of.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1518
« Reply #19699 on: December 30, 2018, 03:42:51 PM »
When I was a lot younger we'd always name our animals after characters from TV shows. It's actually a tradition I am still a fan of.

Same here. But for some reason no one cared much when our cat, Mr. Huxtable, was hit by that car.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19700 on: December 30, 2018, 07:36:09 PM »

Same here. But for some reason no one cared much when our cat, Mr. Huxtable, was hit by that car.
That is both funny and terrible, and I'm sorry but I have to ask... but did that REALLY happen?

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #19701 on: December 31, 2018, 09:04:50 AM »

That is both funny and terrible, and I'm sorry but I have to ask... but did that REALLY happen?

I’m happy to inform you that it was entirely make-pretend.

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 68
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #19702 on: December 31, 2018, 09:54:20 AM »
Massive Amount of Iconic Works To Enter Public Domain on New Year’s Eve Includes 'Felix the Cat' and novels by Aldous Huxley.

Why the copyright terms on a goldmine of works from 1923 are about to expire.

When the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s Eve, movies, songs, and books created in the United States in 1923—even beloved cartoons such as Felix the Cat—will be eligible for anyone to adapt, repurpose, or distribute as they please.

A 20-year freeze on copyright expirations has prevented a cache of 1923 works from entering the public domain, including Paramount Pictures’ The Ten Commandments, Charlie Chaplin’s The Pilgrim, and novels by Aldous Huxley.
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4413
« Reply #19703 on: December 31, 2018, 01:52:19 PM »
Any suggestions for VOD riffs I can get with the $10 gift thing?   Preferably sci-fi or fantasy related.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #19704 on: December 31, 2018, 01:57:29 PM »
Gifs that have a subtitle, usually it's just a word or a sentence, never match the lips.  My brain always wants their mouth to be doing something slightly different to say that word.  Even when I know the clip and can remember the character saying that word in that particular movie, it always looks wrong.

Is that because so many frames are cut out to make a gif that the sync ends up looking weird?  Or am I just the word lip reader of all time?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19705 on: December 31, 2018, 02:42:44 PM »
Any suggestions for VOD riffs I can get with the $10 gift thing?   Preferably sci-fi or fantasy related.
Don't know if you have R.O.T.O.R., but that's always my top choice when people ask what they should get.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4413
« Reply #19706 on: December 31, 2018, 02:48:04 PM »
Don't know if you have R.O.T.O.R., but that's always my top choice when people ask what they should get.

Yeah, should have specified I already have ROTOR.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19707 on: December 31, 2018, 02:53:38 PM »
Star Games and Cybertracker are both awesome.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19708 on: December 31, 2018, 03:06:25 PM »
I myself decided to go for 2 of what are reportedly this year's must-see Riffs. Trucker's Woman and A Talking Cat!?! Wish me luck.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19709 on: December 31, 2018, 06:18:38 PM »
I used my $10 gift card to get Santa's Summer House. It's one of the funnier riffs I have seen lately. Plus, the movie is only 72 minutes so at least it's not TOO hard to sit through. I gotta wonder though... who's the genius that thought the back half of a Volkswagen bug would make for an excellent couch?