login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1809134 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9975 on: January 26, 2014, 10:10:09 AM »
Well, I thought Real Steel was a movie that was in theaters in 3D but never got a Blu-Ray 3D release, but I guess it never was in 3D. 

It's going to drive me crazy trying to think of what movie I got around the time Real Steel came out that was not released in 3D...

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9976 on: January 26, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »
My job is really weird for me. By all rights, I should absolutely hate it. It's doing something I'm not a fan of doing all day. But I enjoy it. I'm good at it. I'm actually annoyed that my boss keeps having me fill out "commitment" goals, which are just things that we need to accomplish out to get out of the transition from training to the floor. Every time he pulls me over, he tells me, hey you're really damn good at this. He never really gives me constructive criticism to improve my metrics. Speaking of, it's complete garbage that we're judged on if we're allowed to go into production based on customer surveys. You get maybe -MAYBE- 2 surveys a day, and they're completely subjective. All they care about at this stage is the "Did they take steps to solve your problem?" question. If someone calls in, and you do all the steps you can, they might still be upset because you couldn't actually SOLVE the problem. Not to mention that when people call in asking for money, and you tell them no, that's pretty much a failed survey right there. If anything, it should be a combination of the surveys you get, plus supervisor rating or whatever. As it is, I'm technically failing transition and set to get fired, but my boss tells me he'll fight for me when the time comes.

Oddly, I'm not stressed about the work, but I'm stressed about all the other things that are/aren't happening in my life, and it's giving me a lot of trouble when I want to work. Bleh.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9977 on: January 26, 2014, 10:27:27 PM »
Yup, it was Lee Marvin in that episode.

Both that episode and the movie are based on a 1956 short story written by Richard Matheson.

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #9978 on: January 27, 2014, 10:41:21 PM »
Sometimes ranting is fun as long as you're not actually hurting anyone.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9979 on: January 28, 2014, 03:23:46 PM »
I figured out the appeal of dubstep! You drop acid before you listen to it, then you drop the bass to neutralize the horrible skin eating effects!

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #9980 on: January 28, 2014, 03:30:07 PM »
i've got my mind on my money and my money on my mind. it's a vicious cycle.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3900
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #9981 on: January 28, 2014, 03:38:19 PM »
i've got my mind on my money and my money on my mind. it's a vicious cycle.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #9982 on: January 28, 2014, 05:32:03 PM »
I want to have Macklemore's babies.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #9983 on: January 28, 2014, 06:08:46 PM »
There is a woman named Ruth Cohen who is something of a career extra.  She was in almost every episode of Seinfeld portraying the cashier at the coffee shop.  Other than the 4 main stars, she was in more episodes than any other actor on the show.  Yet she only had lines in one episode, season 7's "The Gum".

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
« Reply #9984 on: January 28, 2014, 08:13:36 PM »
There's a bunch of career extras I know. For example, my fiancee's uncle. He's a strange guy, but we love him.

Radio Man is another career extra in New York. He's a homeless guy that caries a radio with him. Productions like to cast him to play a homeless guy because, well, he is one, and he looks like one, and doesn't run away and try to sell the script for booze like most homeless people. Everyone is real nice to him. He gets a lot of his food from craft service and wrap parties he shows up to.

Offline Nobody

• Liked: 617
« Reply #9985 on: January 29, 2014, 08:00:48 AM »
I'm beginning to wonder if I am actually a worthless piece of shit.  I spend a good portion of my life being spoken to as if I am.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #9986 on: January 29, 2014, 08:49:47 AM »
I'm beginning to wonder if I am actually a worthless piece of shit.  I spend a good portion of my life being spoken to as if I am.

I do not mean to invalidate you, but just want you to know that a person can survive being spoken to/treated like a piece of shit and still maintain their identity and what makes them awesome.*

*I am talking about me recovering from my childhood. It's very different, but I hope you can remember that you aren't a piece of poo and don't deserve to be treated like one.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #9987 on: January 30, 2014, 01:48:41 AM »
Okay so I'm not a big Star Trek fan but from what I've seen the planet Vulcan is basically a Tantooine-ish desert and they all live in caves or underground, right?

In that case how is staying there even slightly 'logical'?  If your planet is a barren shithole you can't easily live on surely the logical thing would be to go something with nicer or easier living conditions.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 02:17:29 AM by ScottotD »
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #9988 on: January 30, 2014, 02:09:32 AM »
Just-The-Trax (& Stuff) is my favorite person named Just-The-Trax (& Stuff). There were a lot of Just-The-Trax (& Stuff)s to choose from but he surpassed them all.

Offline Nobody

• Liked: 617
« Reply #9989 on: January 30, 2014, 04:20:35 AM »
Just-The-Trax (& Stuff) is my favorite person named Just-The-Trax (& Stuff). There were a lot of Just-The-Trax (& Stuff)s to choose from but he surpassed them all.
Thanks, that's pretty funny.  :)