Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1976971 times)

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #8850 on: October 06, 2013, 01:21:04 PM »
It's pretty clear you have never in your life "brainstormed" anything as a defined process. I have. Also not sure where the hate is coming from

Don't take it personally, the hate is against these types of questions in general.  Far too many of them make you try and remember stuff that happened 30 or 40 years ago.  I can remember one teachers name from high school, but couldn't spell it so it's useless as a typed security answer.

Well the thing is, in these setups, you chose from a list of questions.  If you don't want to remember questions about elementary school, then choose a question you prefer more.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #8851 on: October 06, 2013, 01:56:32 PM »
It's pretty clear you have never in your life "brainstormed" anything as a defined process. I have. Also not sure where the hate is coming from

Don't take it personally, the hate is against these types of questions in general.  Far too many of them make you try and remember stuff that happened 30 or 40 years ago.  I can remember one teachers name from high school, but couldn't spell it so it's useless as a typed security answer.

Well the thing is, in these setups, you chose from a list of questions.  If you don't want to remember questions about elementary school, then choose a question you prefer more.

This might potentially be more work on your part, but I always like it when the site lets you create your own security question.  Would save you the hassle of thinking up security questions yourself... But probably involves more programing. 

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3091
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8852 on: October 06, 2013, 03:00:42 PM »

As long as there is a mix of questions to choose from it's fine.  What pissed me off when Apple came up with their system was an entire block of questions relating to "firsts" or other stuff from childhood, and you had to pick one from that block.  If they had put up 15 questions and asked to pick 3 it would have been much better, not 3 groups of 5 where you had to pick one from each group.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #8853 on: October 06, 2013, 05:58:09 PM »
You gotta step-up cat, or else my fiancee is going to throw you out.  Granted, that's a prospect most cats would love, but you cower at the sight of an open door. You're an apartment cat through and through.  I know you just want to cuddle, but the mouse is not hiding in my belly button, I promise, so stop kneading it and get yourself to the kitchen.

Wouldn't be such a big deal if my fiancee didn't hate rodents so much.  And it's your fault to begin with.  If you hadn't been scouting the oven so intently I probably wouldn't have noticed the little rustling sounds coming from inside it, and you could have continued your life as a little pacifist.  But you're no English Pointer; spotting isn't good enough for a cat.  You have to finish the job. 

You're purring so loud, and yes it's really cute that you're laying on my lap while I type this, but neither of us are going to get any treats until the job is done.  Don't get me wrong, I know exactly how you feel.  Normally I wouldn't have turned on the oven to full blast, but I know she will want blood... And if that will make her happy, then so be it.  Maybe it worked.  Maybe the Decon will work.  Maybe you'll get lucky like that.  But I need you to hold up your end, cat.  There's extra treats for you if you do.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7357
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #8854 on: October 06, 2013, 06:00:54 PM »
i'll take your kitty. ^-^
dF = 0
d*F = J

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8855 on: October 06, 2013, 06:09:40 PM »
Wait... did you cook a mouse in the oven?

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #8856 on: October 06, 2013, 06:45:20 PM »
Wait... did you cook a mouse in the oven?

I know, that's totally stupid. You deep-fry them!

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1385
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #8857 on: October 07, 2013, 07:59:05 AM »
A) Mousetrap (actual product not the game)
B) If my fiance was mad at my cat to the point where he (or she, who knows what the future will bring) said the cat had to go, I would boot the fiance. See, if this person thinks they have that much control over what happens in our shared life, that person would have different values than me.

I am sure you won't actually kick the cat out just becuase the fiance hates rodents so much, but for the people out there that would do such a thing: I think you are idiots.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #8858 on: October 07, 2013, 08:04:15 AM »
What if it were an allergy issue?

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1385
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #8859 on: October 07, 2013, 08:08:19 AM »
If it was an allergy issue, I would know before we got engaged.

That I have no idea how I would react because I would not be alive without Bender, and I am not giving her up easily. I can't.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #8860 on: October 07, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »
Yeah, if allergies were an issue, then you probably wouldn't get close enough to get serious.

Offline The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5531
« Reply #8861 on: October 07, 2013, 08:55:27 AM »
What would it smell like?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6576
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8862 on: October 07, 2013, 09:28:15 AM »

They just repackaged this:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4995
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8863 on: October 07, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #8864 on: October 07, 2013, 09:58:02 AM »

If it smells like a new piece of computer hardware fresh out of the package it might be kind of nice, I have a suspicion it smells rank though. I wonder what the "inventor", "designer" or what ever the charlatan that made this was thinking when they made this.