login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1807524 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #6945 on: February 01, 2013, 07:47:49 PM »
It didn't exist before the explosion that created it.

I mean I suppose you could say it was called Reliant or something but the planet didn't exist until the device activated.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:34:46 AM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #6946 on: February 01, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »
This is also true, and would be what I substituted "or something" for due to not remembering the name of the nebula. :)

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #6947 on: February 01, 2013, 07:53:01 PM »
Listening to the Artie Lange Show and sportscaster Joe Buck said he first learned what his last name named rhymed with when he was in the first grade.  First grade?!  I only first heard that the word "fuck" shouted on a school bus on the way home from junior highschool in the late 60's.  The driver turned the bus around and we had to sit in a classroom until someone fessed up to who said it.  Needless to say his effort did little to stem the tide of profanity so prevalent today.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #6948 on: February 01, 2013, 08:20:46 PM »
Listening to the Artie Lange Show and sportscaster Joe Buck said he first learned what his last name named rhymed with when he was in the first grade.  First grade?!  I only first heard that the word "fuck" shouted on a school bus on the way home from junior highschool in the late 60's.  The driver turned the bus around and we had to sit in a classroom until someone fessed up to who said it.  Needless to say his effort did little to stem the tide of profanity so prevalent today.

. . . 's a fuckin' shame, it is . . . .
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Gunflyer

« Reply #6949 on: February 01, 2013, 08:50:58 PM »
I think the matter came out of the Mutara Nebula.
Perhaps it was a dark matter Nebulae? Maybe that's another reason why the planet was so unstable?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #6950 on: February 01, 2013, 09:03:20 PM »
I dont think dark matter is theorized to be unstable.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Gunflyer

« Reply #6951 on: February 01, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »
I dont think dark matter is theorized to be unstable.
Maybe not, but it's incredibly dense, as is my understanding. So what would happen if you took all that dark matter and threw together a planet with such dense matter? I think you'd probably get a planet with such intense gravity that nothing could live on it. Or you might get parts where mass on one side is different than on the other,

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6952 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »
Come on people, didn't you pay attention, Kirk's bastard son cheated (just like old dad) and used protomater to get genesis to work, that's why everything made using the technology fell apart.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #6953 on: February 02, 2013, 07:33:38 AM »

First: Artie Lange has a show of his own now?

Second: I was never allowed to say them, but I heard curse words in probably the second or third grade (back in the early 70s).
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #6954 on: February 02, 2013, 08:03:49 AM »

Second: I was never allowed to say them, but I heard curse words in probably the second or third grade (back in the early 70s).

Yes Artie's got is own show.  It's simulcast 10 pm to 1 am on a Direct TV channel and various radio stations.  I listen to it from his website. Originally it had been him and comedian Nick DiPaolo but now it's just him.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #6955 on: February 02, 2013, 08:45:57 AM »

Yes Artie's got is own show.  It's simulcast 10 pm to 1 am on a Direct TV channel and various radio stations.  I listen to it from his website. Originally it had been him and comedian Nick DiPaolo but now it's just him.

Any good?
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #6956 on: February 02, 2013, 09:20:09 AM »
Come on people, didn't you pay attention, Kirk's bastard son cheated (just like old dad) and used protomater to get genesis to work, that's why everything made using the technology fell apart.

And that's why he died!

Also, has the Genesis Planet survived, they should have named it Khanizstan....get it???

I'll go back to my flu induced coma now
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #6957 on: February 02, 2013, 10:03:11 AM »
I'll go back to my flu induced coma now

i'd like one of those, but i don't have enough nyquil. :-\

and, just to be buzz killington: dark matter must be stable (on cosmological timescales, at least), or else there wouldn't be any around to affect the universe. and it's really, really, really, not dense. as in twenty-two orders of magnitude less dense than air.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6958 on: February 02, 2013, 10:32:51 AM »
and it's really, really, really, not dense. as in twenty-two orders of magnitude less dense than air.

I never thought of that before, average people probably do think it's dense heavy stuff.  Black holes are dark, so dark matter must be the same, right?

Need a better name, "ground state particles"?

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #6959 on: February 02, 2013, 10:47:26 AM »

Any good?

Well it's what I listen to when I'm getting ready to go to work.  It's supposed to be a kind of sports.  show.  In fact it made news this past week when it aired an interviewed the 49'ers cornerback Chris Culliver about his view of gays in the NFL that he had to apologize for later.  There are podcasts available on the show's website as well as videos of interviews.