Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1808846 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #5055 on: April 23, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »
So for months, now, I've been baffled for the trailers for this Snow White movie. I'd see one trailer and think, "Hey. That looks interesting. I should keep my eye on that." then see another and think, "Whoa! Never mind! That looks terrible!" then another one would get me back on board.

It's only today that I found out there are actually TWO Snow-White-Based movies coming out this summer. I can only assume this is to trick people into watching a Julia Roberts movie...

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #5056 on: April 23, 2012, 08:01:27 PM »
Holy cow, I think the same thing happened to me.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #5057 on: April 23, 2012, 08:52:39 PM »
I can only assume this is to trick people into watching a Julia Roberts movie...

I choose death.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

MontyServo

« Reply #5058 on: April 23, 2012, 08:57:52 PM »
I can only assume this is to trick people into watching a Julia Roberts movie...

I choose death.

Looking at her filmography, I would say that... ummmmm....  Well Hook wasn't half bad, although she was annoying and miscast as Tinkerbell.  Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind was really good but I don't even remember her being in that.  Wow, I guess most of her movies really do stink.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #5059 on: April 24, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »
Another thing I noticed while watching old SNL episodes last night was a fake ad they did for "Bad Idea Jeans" that has been completely ripped off by a new Verizon ad that I keep seeing on Hulu.  It's a bunch of guys gathered around about to play basketball going one by one saying something stupid they've done or are doing as if it was smart.  Even the rhythem of the ads is the same, someone says his line, camera cuts away to words on a blank background. 
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5060 on: April 24, 2012, 09:04:51 AM »
I think the SNL jeans skit was a parody of the horrible Dockers ads that were running at the time.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5061 on: April 24, 2012, 09:17:30 AM »
I remember Dockers had the horrible ads with random guys standing around talking about random stuff.  I don't remember the Bugle Boy ads.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #5062 on: April 24, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
I only know bugle boy from the Trick Daddy song, I assume those ads featured a girl commenting appreciatively about some dude wearing Bugle Boy Jeans.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5063 on: April 24, 2012, 09:26:06 AM »
I only know bugle boy from the Trick Daddy song, I assume those ads featured a girl commenting appreciatively about some dude wearing Bugle Boy Jeans.

Yes, I remember those now, the Bugle Boy ads had the guy by himself wearing the jeans and some woman would ask him if they were Bugle Boy Jeans, then leave, that would be the entire ad.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #5064 on: April 24, 2012, 10:44:48 AM »
Got back to Brooklyn last night to find that my father-in-law had broken into my room. (I've locked it since some of my jewelry was stolen by either my mother-in-law or my sister-in-law a few years ago.) When I asked why he said that he thought he smelled something burning, and he didn't want to get blamed for starting a fire. When I went in I didn't smell anything, but a lot of my stuff had been moved around. I don't keep anything of value there any more so if something's missing I don't know what it is.

Is it May 16 yet?
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #5065 on: April 24, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »
They were probably looking for your drugs.

That's it.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline therul

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 43
  • just another day in paradise
« Reply #5066 on: April 24, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »

I choose death.
Hey, I liked Notting Hill!
We are the only intelligent beings- Arrogance 3:15

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #5067 on: April 24, 2012, 02:24:43 PM »
I wish Jessica Simpson would just pop out that child already for God's sake.  So sick of hearing about it.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 739
  • Sort this; deliver that; I'll make 'em all pay.
« Reply #5068 on: April 24, 2012, 03:29:52 PM »
Got back to Brooklyn last night to find that my father-in-law had broken into my room. (I've locked it since some of my jewelry was stolen by either my mother-in-law or my sister-in-law a few years ago.) When I asked why he said that he thought he smelled something burning, and he didn't want to get blamed for starting a fire. When I went in I didn't smell anything, but a lot of my stuff had been moved around. I don't keep anything of value there any more so if something's missing I don't know what it is.

Is it May 16 yet?

W T F ?
\()/ 3~ \()/

Danecho1967

« Reply #5069 on: April 24, 2012, 08:13:47 PM »
I wish Jessica Simpson would just pop out that child already for God's sake.  So sick of hearing about it.
I was blissfully unaware of her pregnancy.  This tells me I must be doing something very right with regards to my entertainment choices.