login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1809050 times)

Danecho1967

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #4785 on: April 06, 2012, 12:27:33 PM »
You know you are an underachiever when you really hope your youtube video gets to 1000 views.

You shoulda linked to it there. Could've picked up some curiosity views.
It's already on the Breaking Dawn board.  I may be an underachiever, but I'm not a double poster.

I think most people here have seen it.  It's just that I was thinking "Wow, this one might get to 1000" then thinking, "damn, I'm a loser."  :)

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5903
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4786 on: April 06, 2012, 12:41:34 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vdVwinoP18Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vdVwinoP18Y</a>

Hey asshole, screaming isn't comedy. It's annoying and unfunny. It's also not singing, but that's for all you heavy metal fans.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #4787 on: April 06, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks Sam Kinison was an unfunny piece of shit.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5903
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4788 on: April 06, 2012, 12:55:58 PM »
The little time he isn't screaming, he can be funny. He just depends on it sooo much I just gave up on him.

I will say I did like his cameo as the guy's annoying conscious in that Tales From the Crypt episode.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #4789 on: April 06, 2012, 01:02:19 PM »
Ann's dad likes a couple of his routines,  I know this because he trots them out at the drop of a hat.

Yes Ed, that IS funny how th Ethiopians are starving because they live where there's no food, it's just as funny now as when you first heard it over a quarter of a century ago. ::)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:05:57 PM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #4790 on: April 06, 2012, 01:04:04 PM »
I loved Sam Kinison, he was actually a minister at one time, so I feel he can talk about this stuff with some knowledge.

Didn't really care for him when he was alive.  But one of my exes had a bunch of his stand up on CD, became a fan then.

Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #4791 on: April 06, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »
It's also not singing, but that's for all you heavy metal fans.

A lot of singers from all sorts of genres scream sometimes. I think it can be used to great effect in music.

Also, "heavy metal" is incredibly vague. Perhaps you're referring to specific sub-genres of metal where singers have a tendency to do that incomprehensible growling thing that makes it sound like they gargled with broken glass? If that's the case, then yeah, I don't care for that. Or maybe the high-pitched screeching often used by some speed metal singers? Don't much care for that, either.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #4792 on: April 06, 2012, 01:14:13 PM »
Yeah some "heavy metal" singers have lovely voices. Ian Gillan for example, has a voice lovely enough to be the best damn Jesus ever. :)

My nephew fronts a Black Metal band and does that grunt-growling thing, I love the little bugger but yeah that just sucks as a vocal style.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:18:52 PM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3900
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4793 on: April 06, 2012, 01:16:04 PM »
Well I loved Sam Kinison's style of comedy! His humor helped me get through my Navy career when I was pretty depressed overall.. :D :D

I still listen to some of his stuff to this day from time to time ;D

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #4794 on: April 06, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »
I think the nerdiest I ever really get is having to keep myself from yelling at rage at the computer screen when I read or watch a review of the TMNT video game for NES, because almost every single one tries to explain the fact that it was confusing on the fact that it was "based more on the comics than on the cartoon" and that's total bullshit.

The game was confusing because it was probably based on a horrible translation of the TMNT concepts, but it features the following:

Bebop and Rocksteady
April as a redhead wearing a yellow jumpsuit
The Technodrome
An anti-mutation ray gun
And Splinter having a "true human form"

All of those have abso-fracking-lutely nothing to do with the comics.

The random stuff that people are confused by?  The floating eye alien things, the guys with boomarangs that keep jumping, fire people who reproduce by throwing legs at you that grow into more people, never saw any of those in the comics either.

Why does this piss me off?  I guess its because people are saying it to try and sound knowledgeable in the nerd community, and it just reveals that they've never read the TMNT comics they're claiming to refference.

RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4515
« Reply #4795 on: April 06, 2012, 08:35:19 PM »
I think the nerdiest I ever really get is having to keep myself from yelling at rage at the computer screen when I read or watch a review of the TMNT video game for NES, because almost every single one tries to explain the fact that it was confusing on the fact that it was "based more on the comics than on the cartoon" and that's total bullshit.

The game was confusing because it was probably based on a horrible translation of the TMNT concepts, but it features the following:

Bebop and Rocksteady
April as a redhead wearing a yellow jumpsuit
The Technodrome
An anti-mutation ray gun
And Splinter having a "true human form"

All of those have abso-fracking-lutely nothing to do with the comics.

The random stuff that people are confused by?  The floating eye alien things, the guys with boomarangs that keep jumping, fire people who reproduce by throwing legs at you that grow into more people, never saw any of those in the comics either.

Why does this piss me off?  I guess its because people are saying it to try and sound knowledgeable in the nerd community, and it just reveals that they've never read the TMNT comics they're claiming to refference.

I had the PC version with the game-breaking bug ( I didn't know it at the time).  It also came with the Turtles concert album, oddly enough.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #4796 on: April 06, 2012, 09:07:06 PM »
I find the whole zombie Jesus thing as offensive as Christians who make fun of Athiests.

How exactly does that work?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #4797 on: April 07, 2012, 04:20:36 AM »
I find the whole zombie Jesus thing as offensive as Christians who make fun of Athiests.

How exactly does that work?

Magic.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 739
  • Sort this; deliver that; I'll make 'em all pay.
« Reply #4798 on: April 07, 2012, 04:22:23 AM »
When you are drunk, do 40 push-ups and when you wake up there will be no hang-over.
\()/ 3~ \()/

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3900
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4799 on: April 07, 2012, 04:37:53 AM »
When you are drunk, do 40 push-ups and when you wake up there will be no hang-over.
But there may be vomit on the floor.. :-X