Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1808695 times)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #4665 on: March 20, 2012, 06:26:41 AM »
Can you buy kitchen cabinet doors -- just the doors and drawer fronts -- by themselves? A house we're looking at has ugly kitchen cabinets and while I would probably paint them there's still an ugly design carved into the wood, so I'm wondering about just replacing the doors.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Danecho1967

« Reply #4666 on: March 20, 2012, 06:32:18 AM »
Can you buy kitchen cabinet doors -- just the doors and drawer fronts -- by themselves? A house we're looking at has ugly kitchen cabinets and while I would probably paint them there's still an ugly design carved into the wood, so I'm wondering about just replacing the doors.
Yes.  You can get your cabinets refaced from a variety of companies.  It all depends on what you're willing to pay.  I know a couple who got their cabinets refaced through Home Depot, and the cabinets look really nice.

http://refacing.homedepot.com/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:36:31 AM by Dan-Echo »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4667 on: March 20, 2012, 06:33:58 AM »
I've never seen that as an option at Lowe's or Home Depot.. Maybe I just missed it cause I bought all new cabnits when I redid my kitchen several years ago..

Maybe a cabinet shop could make some new doors but that may cost just as much as just buying whole new cabinets.. :-\

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #4668 on: March 20, 2012, 06:42:10 AM »
Yes.  You can get your cabinets refaced from a variety of companies.  It all depends on what you're willing to pay.  I know a couple who got their cabinets refaced through Home Depot, and the cabinets look really nice.

http://refacing.homedepot.com/
Yep Lowes also does it, I redid the fronts of all my drawers and cabinets that way (also replaced the MDF of the drawers with real wood).

You just need to talk to the kitchen dept at either store and ask for the special order catalog. :)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #4669 on: March 20, 2012, 07:12:10 AM »
Thanks. We haven't even put a bid in on the house yet but we're thinking about buying it. The house was renovated by a flipper who basically went to Home Depot and bought a big box marked CHEAP HOME RENOVATIONS so there's a lot of character that's been replaced with a lot of bland shit. This is a picture of the kitchen, and the cabinets in question:

In looking at them again I think I think I would try painting them first, and if I feel like I really can't live with it I might look into getting the cabinet doors redone.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #4670 on: March 20, 2012, 09:08:52 AM »
Huh.

I just heard a local radio commercial that mispronounced "Valet." I'm not sure if they did it on purpose or if they're idiots. Probably both, since they also used words like "veggivore."

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #4671 on: March 20, 2012, 10:00:42 AM »
Thanks. We haven't even put a bid in on the house yet but we're thinking about buying it. The house was renovated by a flipper who basically went to Home Depot and bought a big box marked CHEAP HOME RENOVATIONS so there's a lot of character that's been replaced with a lot of bland shit. This is a picture of the kitchen, and the cabinets in question:

In looking at them again I think I think I would try painting them first, and if I feel like I really can't live with it I might look into getting the cabinet doors redone.

Wow, that's one ugly wall behind the cabinets, that doesn't help.

But yeah, the cabinets would probably look a lot better if they were darker, especially since the appliances and counter top are dark.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #4672 on: March 20, 2012, 11:00:39 AM »
Man, turning Princess Bubblegum back into her adult self right away was weak.  >:(

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #4673 on: March 20, 2012, 11:02:19 AM »
My mom was right about shaving, the more you shave the faster it grows.

Just thought of that, radomly
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #4674 on: March 20, 2012, 11:15:10 AM »

But yeah, the cabinets would probably look a lot better if they were darker, especially since the appliances and counter top are dark.

Yeah, the wall and the counter are two things that would definitely go, too. Here's a partial view of what my ideal kitchen would look like:

So you see that the way the kitchen is currently is not my ideal. I agree with you about the black appliances and would rather have white.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #4675 on: March 20, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »

Yeah, the wall and the counter are two things that would definitely go, too. Here's a partial view of what my ideal kitchen would look like:

So you see that the way the kitchen is currently is not my ideal. I agree with you about the black appliances and would rather have white.

In that case painting that wall and maybe the cabinets white would go a long way towards making what's there look more to your liking.  If painting the cabinets you could take those door pulls off, plug the holes, and put nicer ones on.  Then replace the counter top and maybe the sink later.

Russell

« Reply #4676 on: March 20, 2012, 02:37:58 PM »
I get burned out on certain foods very easily. :( Just last week I got another Pecan pie and I didn't care for it. Sigh.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #4677 on: March 20, 2012, 03:06:50 PM »
Man, turning Princess Bubblegum back into her adult self right away was weak.  >:(

Well, they needed a way to get the Ice King back after her. And even he pointed out that he couldn't do it when she was young.

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #4678 on: March 20, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »
My mom was right about shaving, the more you shave the faster it grows.

Just thought of that, radomly

That's why I don't shave my beard. ;D

Wait, you weren't talking about beards, were you?  :speechless:

Invader_quirk

« Reply #4679 on: March 20, 2012, 08:34:43 PM »

Well, they needed a way to get the Ice King back after her. And even he pointed out that he couldn't do it when she was young.

Still, I'd like to see a show with balls enough to change permanently for once. I was looking forward to she and Fin going out.