Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1979049 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5005
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #20370 on: October 03, 2020, 06:16:10 AM »
packing all of your belongings into two suitcases and a backpack is a pain.
Not sure what the weight limit is but last I checked it was 50lbs max per suit case.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 380
« Reply #20371 on: October 03, 2020, 06:23:53 PM »
It's still 50lbs...and most airlines charge for carryons these days...and even  charge for seat assignments. Cheap tickets we bought to go to a funeral a couple of months ago weren't cheap after adding the bags fees and the fee to be able to sit together- which was a must in this time of COVID- got added on.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7358
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #20372 on: October 03, 2020, 11:49:50 PM »
my checked luggage has been overweight for nearly all of my last few flights. sometimes i've had to pay, sometimes not, depends on the person. technically, my ticket includes three checked bags, so i should be okay unless i catch someone having a bad day.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20373 on: October 04, 2020, 05:34:09 AM »
my checked luggage has been overweight for nearly all of my last few flights. sometimes i've had to pay, sometimes not, depends on the person. technically, my ticket includes three checked bags, so i should be okay unless i catch someone having a bad day.
That's good but yeah prepare for the worst.. In the past I've had a few of those reps and I would try some casual conversation to try to lessen the chances of getting punished for 51 pounds verses 50.5 pounds or 102 kilos verses 100.5 kilos in metric..

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20374 on: October 04, 2020, 05:37:11 AM »
It's still 50lbs...and most airlines charge for carryons these days...and even  charge for seat assignments. Cheap tickets we bought to go to a funeral a couple of months ago weren't cheap after adding the bags fees and the fee to be able to sit together- which was a must in this time of COVID- got added on.
So the airlines have found yet another way to nickle and dime you just to sit together ???
Airlines are pathetic >:(

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6579
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20375 on: October 06, 2020, 05:09:27 PM »
I'd like to see a parody of the Christmas With The Kranks type neighbors competing movie where it's actually haunted houses and the ghosts are competing to be "The Most Haunted House" in the town.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 116
« Reply #20376 on: October 12, 2020, 09:32:03 PM »
For those of you that know Brent 'Data from Star Trek' Spiner, he did some incredibly hilarious stuff before that. Here is one of them from Night Court

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrLvtoKZfxY

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20377 on: October 14, 2020, 10:10:43 AM »
Got my annual flu shot this morning at Walgreens and now I'm feeling a bit nauseous..
Never had any issues after getting the flu shot before so I'm wondering what is different this time than shots before  ???

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
« Reply #20378 on: October 14, 2020, 10:18:09 AM »
you on any other medications? how's your stress level? maybe a strain you react to badly in it this year that wasn't in previous years'.

edit: i don't know how it is where you are, but we always get a cocktail of whichever strains they think will be most prevalent this season. https://immunizebc.ca/influenza/frequently-asked-questions
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 10:20:12 AM by goflyblind »
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20379 on: October 14, 2020, 11:35:14 AM »
you on any other medications? how's your stress level? maybe a strain you react to badly in it this year that wasn't in previous years'.

edit: i don't know how it is where you are, but we always get a cocktail of whichever strains they think will be most prevalent this season. https://immunizebc.ca/influenza/frequently-asked-questions
I am on Lisinopril 20mg and just vitamin D, fish oil, cherry tart extract. I was more stressed about last night's Bills loss but today I'm just relaxing, no stress at all.
Not sure what Walgreens used this year. I rested for an hour and a half and I feel better.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3094
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20380 on: October 14, 2020, 11:46:00 AM »
A person I know at work that got their flu shot last week was complaining about worse than usual body aches for about a day.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20381 on: October 14, 2020, 11:51:48 AM »
A person I know at work that got their flu shot last week was complaining about worse than usual body aches for about a day.
So far I haven't had any body aches, just a little dizziness nauseous and diarrhea but I'm keeping hydrated with Gatorade.
Hopefully this will subside by tomorrow so I don't have to call into work  :-\

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
« Reply #20382 on: October 15, 2020, 05:46:35 PM »
my cousin offered to introduce me to a friend of hers whose company was just bought and might be hiring. i don't think i'd be a good fit, though, since if they asked "have you participated in protests against our new owners and more than two of our partners?" i'd have to say that i had.  :-X
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5044
« Reply #20383 on: October 15, 2020, 05:57:02 PM »
Is anyone else irritated by what I call "artificial boogers" in mail?  What I am referring to is that gel-like Post-It-level adhesive that is used to stick all sorts of things together in mailings (even in folded cardstock mailings, holding them shut).

In order to put whatever that type of adhesive is on into recycling, it has to be removed, or it contaminates the paper stock it goes into.  So it has to be removed from anything recycled, and I recycle a LOT: the volume of my recycling is 3-4x (or more) what I actually throw out.

But those artificial boogers irritate me.  [Of course, if they used full-on glue instead, while it would be easier to recycle, it would damage far more mail trying to get things loose.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 380
« Reply #20384 on: October 20, 2020, 08:18:34 AM »
Board games have gotten ridiculously expensive and the quality caused by the cost cutting in materials used is crap. Went to Goodwill and picked up a couple of different Trivial Pursuit games (nice sturdy boards and boxes for the cards that newer versions don't include), Yahtzee, Risk, and Scrabble all in near perfect condition for less than $10 total.