Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 2006702 times)

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1227
  • Rebranded from Lesbunny
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #20310 on: July 13, 2020, 04:23:41 PM »
Ok, but when did Zac Efron go full daddy and why wasn't I told until now

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1134
« Reply #20311 on: July 13, 2020, 11:30:55 PM »
If you walk into a crowded public place without a mask on, it should be completely legal for me to staple anything to your face within arms reach to stop you from putting your personal germ shit in the air. That also includes bagels with lox.
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"
“I have no issues calling you a fucking moron. That's not dehumanizing you.”

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6637
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20312 on: July 14, 2020, 05:08:27 AM »
If you walk into a crowded public place without a mask on, it should be completely legal for me to staple anything to your face within arms reach to stop you from putting your personal germ shit in the air. That also includes bagels with lox.
If only we could do this:

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 382
« Reply #20313 on: July 22, 2020, 04:31:32 PM »
Jeopardy this week is reruns from the 80s. Part of me wishes I had a time machine and could go back and be an 80s contestant because the questions were ridiculously easy by more recent Jeopardy standards, but the $ amounts won (even accounting for it being the 80s) were so low that I could probably make a better use of my time machine.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7401
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #20314 on: July 25, 2020, 10:05:33 AM »
how much of drama school involves drinking from an empty cup? is it an elective or a core course?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5165
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3182
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20316 on: July 28, 2020, 03:16:19 PM »
What is China up to ???
http://postalnews.com/blog/2020/07/28/if-youve-received-a-package-of-seeds-in-the-mail-dont-open-them-heres-why/

Same news around here, apparently people in Delaware have been getting the same packages.

I still don't understand how those "brushing" scams work, how can they post a "verified" review just by sending out bogus packages?

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20317 on: July 29, 2020, 03:16:05 PM »
Went through a bunch of old papers I've had on my desk from over the years. Found a lot of old papers related to my late wife and i's business as well as some old restaurant menus we used to order from in the past.. Tossed a lot of the papers and old restaurant menus in my burn bin and decided to call up a Chinese restaurant she used to frequent to place a pickup order and no one answered.. The website said they opened at 11am but when they finally answered they said they don't open till 12. Called back at 12 to place a pickup order and then they said it wouldn't be ready till 2pm ???
Got aggravated and tossed their menu in the burn bin as well so I called another Chinese restaurant across town that I still had a menu from and they delivered my order in 35 minutes. Guess I'll be ordering from them from now on.

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20318 on: August 04, 2020, 02:10:16 PM »
There are full color pictures and films from the Civil Rights movement. People are only ever shown the black and white stuff because it makes that seem much farther in history than it is.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20319 on: August 05, 2020, 02:01:57 PM »
Been working with a coworker that has severe OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) for over 2 months now and she's very helpful with accomplishing daily tasks but she's also so annoying that's she's causing unneeded stress for me at work and even after work..
She would talk to me about work related topics while I'm on lunch to the point that I've started taking my lunches in my van to get away from her but even then she'll come over to my van and talk to me about work stuff, or she will call/text me when I'm home about work related stuff that could easily wait till the next day. I try to ignore her calls and texts but she'll just continue calling/texting me anyway.. >:(
I'm trying not to be rude with her because I do need her help with things at work but don't want to be so blunt with her by telling her to leave me the hell alone already!
I've tried politely a number of times but she's still not taking the hint :grr:

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20320 on: August 05, 2020, 04:04:37 PM »
Had a coworker like that once that drove all her coworkers nuts. Her manager liked her accuracy and because of that overlooked all the trouble she was causing. Everything had to be done in order and if she ran into a roadblock (usually someone not getting back to her within 5 minutes) she stopped and couldn't do anything else until she completed that step. Filed all sorts of harassment complaints, but her idea of harassment was always others not doing their jobs exactly step-by-step the way she thought they should be done.
Final straw was when the union employees made not working with her a part of negotiations.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 04:07:27 PM by wihogfan »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20321 on: August 05, 2020, 04:17:29 PM »
Yep that's how she is! I thought it was more ADHD but she's told me and everyone else that she has OCD.. I just let her take the lead with daily tasks because I'll just get stressed out trying to explain my way of doing things. Apparently the postmaster likes this 'trait' about her so I don't bother trying to discuss these issues I have with her..
When I screwed up my left big toe this past Saturday, it was her insistence on changing this one particular light bulb that I felt should be left to the electricians to handle and I was right because it was a bad ballast, not the bulb like I had thought so now I'll probably lose my toe nail for nothing ::)

And just a little bit ago she texted me At Home Yet Again wanting me to bring my Notary stamps and seal to work for 3 pages she wants notarized.. I charge $10 per notarization so she better have $30 in hand  >:(

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20322 on: August 05, 2020, 04:25:56 PM »
Yep...same thing used to happen with my former co-worker. She used to call night shift employees at home and on weekends if she felt they weren't answering her at work. Thing we could never get her manager to understand was that despite never making mistakes, she was taking 50 hours a week to do what should have been 8 hours worth of work.

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20323 on: August 05, 2020, 04:27:51 PM »
It's almost like she has a mental illness that impedes her ability to function in everyday life. I can understand being annoyed, but OCD is awful to live with. Best thing you can do is set clear, firm boundaries that you continue to enforce, and try to remember that it's probably not her fault she acts the way she does. Some ableist ass conversation in here tonight.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20324 on: August 05, 2020, 04:30:22 PM »
I'm all about clocking out On Time yet she'll find shit that she wants done or needs help with like 5 minutes before I'm going home.. She's misplaced her cell phone more times than I can count and wanted me to stay each time to help her find it!!
 :angry:
Now I try to hide somewhere out of sight out of mind just so I can sneak out on time :-[