login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 2005562 times)

MartyS (Gromit) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1134
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #20055 on: January 04, 2020, 12:04:41 PM »
The only really terrible thing in Revenge of the Nerds is the guys going on the panty raid and installing the cameras in the girls dormitory to spy on them while they're getting nekkid. Remember guys... just because the protagonist in a movie does it doesn't mean it's morally and/or legally okay to do in real life! You do NOT have a license to kill!!! Life is NOT and never is a goddamn fast and furious movie!!!
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"
“I have no issues calling you a fucking moron. That's not dehumanizing you.”

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6637
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20056 on: January 04, 2020, 12:39:11 PM »
The only really terrible thing in Revenge of the Nerds is the guys going on the panty raid and installing the cameras in the girls dormitory to spy on them while they're getting nekkid. Remember guys... just because the protagonist in a movie does it doesn't mean it's morally and/or legally okay to do in real life!
That is pretty bad, although unfortunately a common type of thing in rowdy movies at the time. No, I think what Grug was referring to was Lewis tricking Betty into having sex with him by posing as her boyfriend in a costume. It's pretty loathsome. I don't think it's "statutory rape", more rape by deception.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #20057 on: January 04, 2020, 03:20:08 PM »
That is pretty bad, although unfortunately a common type of thing in rowdy movies at the time. No, I think what Grug was referring to was Lewis tricking Betty into having sex with him by posing as her boyfriend in a costume. It's pretty loathsome. I don't think it's "statutory rape", more rape by deception.
Oh shit I forgot about that part. Yes, that's... that's rape. Also not a good reflection upon nerds everywhere.

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #20058 on: January 06, 2020, 06:01:44 AM »
How sad.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #20059 on: January 07, 2020, 04:07:16 PM »
Oh shit I forgot about that part. Yes, that's... that's rape. Also not a good reflection upon nerds everywhere.

The internet has shown that was the tip of the iceberg for horrific nerd behaviour
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #20060 on: January 08, 2020, 08:40:46 PM »
I'm 90% sure our government and the people who support them will learn absolutely nothing from the whole country being on fire for months
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #20061 on: January 09, 2020, 06:50:43 AM »
I'm 90% sure our government and the people who support them will learn absolutely nothing from the whole country being on fire for months
Unfortunately that is true. Both because there will likely be no legal consequences to their actions, and because there is an entire conservative media feeding their base lies so they don't believe even the corruption out in the open.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7399
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #20062 on: January 09, 2020, 07:24:28 AM »
is the liberal party super corrupt?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #20063 on: January 09, 2020, 01:25:43 PM »
Oh, it just occurred to me that ScottotD was probably talking about Australia (since it's actually on fire). I just assumed he was talking about the U.S., which is politically on fire.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #20064 on: January 09, 2020, 07:53:30 PM »
Yeah I was

Is the liberal party super corrupt?

I'd say yes but I suppose no more than any major political party in a 'western society'

Mining, especially coal mining is big here and get a lot of donations from mining companies. 

Gina Rinehart is a billionaire who owns a mining company and one of their biggest supporters, Rupert Murdoch is probably the other biggest and the Prime Minister literally had dinner with his family over the Xmas period.  So they have the largest media company who are climate change deniers as well as a lot of their money/influence coming from fossil fuels so they have vested interests in putting business interests before the environment.  In fact our current PM took over leadership of the LNP when the previous one was voted out by his party when he tried to bring in a vaguely helpful environment policy  ::)

Scottotd on Instagram

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #20065 on: January 10, 2020, 08:02:08 PM »
I think it’s a combination of being corrupt but also apathy. They don’t give a shit about any emergency until it’s actually staring them in the face.

Offline The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5694
« Reply #20066 on: January 11, 2020, 10:09:36 PM »
"Oh hey, the video for Puttin' on the Ritz was uploaded to Taco's YouTube back in November."
*watches video*
"Oh dear..."

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3935
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20067 on: January 11, 2020, 10:19:23 PM »
A simple circle is also infinite, it's just not as show-offy as the mobius strip.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3180
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20068 on: January 13, 2020, 04:43:06 PM »
The Cartoon Network opened a hotel in Lancaster, PA.  Seems an odd location to open your very first hotel, next to Dutch Wonderland on Rt. 30.

Next time I'm out that way I might stop in to check out the retail store in the lobby, but looking at photos it seems like it's pretty much all T-shirts that are probably cheaper online...

Offline F-Zero

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #20069 on: January 13, 2020, 06:21:24 PM »
It's cool to be missing a front tooth.