Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1970539 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1068
  • Thank you, sweet Rabbit!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #20025 on: November 22, 2019, 11:01:24 AM »
I'm seeing double! FOUR STAMPS!!!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4979
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20026 on: November 22, 2019, 12:53:26 PM »
You can take one of them for next time ;D

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #20027 on: November 22, 2019, 04:36:36 PM »
You can take one of them for next time ;D
I love that Simpsons joke. I use it all the time. Like Conan O'Brian said: "The Checks come either way."

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5041
« Reply #20028 on: November 24, 2019, 05:33:07 PM »
I can't recall ever hearing someone describe it this way before.  But in watching Monty Python on the awesome new Blu-ray release, I realized something:

Monty Python's Flying Circus could be categorized as "Surrealist Humor".
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #20029 on: November 24, 2019, 06:06:00 PM »
I can't recall ever hearing someone describe it this way before.  But in watching Monty Python on the awesome new Blu-ray release, I realized something:

Oh for sure. A good descriptor.

Online stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 536
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20030 on: November 25, 2019, 01:24:29 PM »
My philosophy is by no means unique or a new point of view... the meaning of life is to do your best to leave the world a better place than you found it. Obviously, for the bulk of people such a feat is far beyond their power. The best I can do is try and make the world better for my family, my friends, those I love. Sometimes lofty ambitions require a more practical and thus more narrowly focused approach.

“When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for having been there. ” Jim Henson

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 412
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #20031 on: November 26, 2019, 06:17:59 AM »
At Halloween last month, it was the first time I got a good number of trick or treaters.  I had made the decision to give out full size candy bars.  I bought a 36 pack of Kit Kats and a 36 pack of Three Musketeers at Sam's Club.  I thought I would have leftovers, but actually I ran out very early.  Next year, I will have to buy twice as much.  I'm looking forward to it.

Linda advised me to have only one kind of candy out at a time so that I wouldn't force the children to make decisions on the spot, and also so that there would not be fights among the children of each group over who got what type.  The Kit Kats proved to be more popular, so I did see some disputes when one kid got a Kit Kat and another had to take a Three Musketeers.  So I really should have followed her advice.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5041
« Reply #20032 on: November 26, 2019, 06:22:37 PM »

Oh for sure. A good descriptor.

Thank you.  I was watching one night and realized that - except for the laughs - various concepts could easily have fit into Salvador Dali and Louis Buneul's "Un Chien Andalou", which is a fascinating short film that I've liked since first seeing it in my high school 'Cinema Studies' course.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5513
« Reply #20033 on: November 28, 2019, 08:42:13 AM »
Just found out that Fun in Balloonland actually had a trailer...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z4aip1OKgI0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z4aip1OKgI0</a>

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 380
« Reply #20034 on: November 28, 2019, 04:01:41 PM »
Not sure why I only make them for Thanksgiving and Xmas because I f****** love deviled eggs.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #20035 on: November 30, 2019, 08:23:27 AM »
I myself like satanic stringbeans and deep lucifered potatoes.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7352
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #20036 on: December 04, 2019, 11:12:26 AM »
the colour of packaging is super ingrained in me as a diabetic. the coke zero bottles here have special christmas-red labels, and i have to check a dozen times that it's not regular coke (a 500 mL bottle of which would double my insulin requirement at a meal). don't do this if you want us to actually buy your products, companies!

side note: coke zero is okay, but i wish there was diet coke here.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #20037 on: December 04, 2019, 04:06:47 PM »
I was at the theatre looking at posters.  The tagline for the Black Christmas remake (yes, another one) is "Slay, girls." Is sleigh girls even a term?  How do you get SO close to "Slay, belles." and not use it?

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #20038 on: December 04, 2019, 07:56:33 PM »
I need to see the Black Xmas with Mary Elizabeth Winstead... because life is short and she is hot.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 412
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #20039 on: December 06, 2019, 06:27:45 AM »
Not sure why I only make them for Thanksgiving and Xmas because I f****** love deviled eggs.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I love the Thanksgiving feast.  You can never get that kind of meal any other time of the year.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.