Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1748900 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1472
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19890 on: June 09, 2019, 02:15:19 AM »
I'm getting a bit of an unexpected, but definitely welcome vacation in June.  In other words, my boss got fired from the TV show we were on, so we're not going to do the next season like we thought we were, and instead he's going to take like 40 days off.  Which sounds great to me, to be honest.  It's been about five years since I've had more than two weeks off of work.  And considering I work 60 hours weeks, I think I'm due for some free time.

With this free time I've decided that I'm going to go on a multiple day bicycle trip.  Thinking I'll go out to Montauk, which is about 130 miles from where I live.  Anyone have any experience touring on a bike?  Any tips?  I think I can do 130 miles in two days.  The most I've done is 40 miles in a day, but I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to push that to 65 if I started real early and trained a bit ahead of time.  I know there are people that do the whole 130 miles in one day, but I'm not trying to kill myself.

Today is the day. Been preparing for a bit now. Biked 60 miles doing laps in a park on Wednesday. Now it’s time for the 130 to Montauk. Wish me luck!  Or don’t!  I’m not a very superstitious person!

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 366
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #19891 on: June 09, 2019, 05:14:00 AM »
james taylor (or someone from his marketing team) liked one of my tweets, so i'm a pretty big deal now.  8)

Wow!  Former president James Taylor?
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 512
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #19892 on: June 09, 2019, 12:37:40 PM »
I'm going to be 41 tomorrow. I'm going to see Avengers Endgame again and go to Twin Peaks for dinner. Should be an awesome time.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1472
« Reply #19893 on: June 09, 2019, 06:44:29 PM »
I'm getting a bit of an unexpected, but definitely welcome vacation in June.  In other words, my boss got fired from the TV show we were on, so we're not going to do the next season like we thought we were, and instead he's going to take like 40 days off.  Which sounds great to me, to be honest.  It's been about five years since I've had more than two weeks off of work.  And considering I work 60 hours weeks, I think I'm due for some free time.

With this free time I've decided that I'm going to go on a multiple day bicycle trip.  Thinking I'll go out to Montauk, which is about 130 miles from where I live.  Anyone have any experience touring on a bike?  Any tips?  I think I can do 130 miles in two days.  The most I've done is 40 miles in a day, but I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to push that to 65 if I started real early and trained a bit ahead of time.  I know there are people that do the whole 130 miles in one day, but I'm not trying to kill myself.

Today is the day. Been preparing for a bit now. Biked 60 miles doing laps in a park on Wednesday. Now it’s time for the 130 to Montauk. Wish me luck!  Or don’t!  I’m not a very superstitious person!

I made it. 141 miles all told. Took me 13 hours to get to the end. Hardest thing I have ever done. But it feels really good. I ache all over. That part doesn’t feel really good, but still. Going to sleep for a week now. Goodnight! 

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 512
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #19894 on: June 14, 2019, 05:20:42 PM »
Well, my chair fell apart with me in it today. Fortunately I somehow evaded a Final destination style-like death. It was a good office chair though, to be honest it was already time for a new chair. I've already been sitting in it for probably 8-9 years now.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3781
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19895 on: June 17, 2019, 02:53:08 AM »
Today is my 50th B-Day and I have to work :(
I need to complete my 40 hours of required training working the postal computer system before I go 'career' (permanent full-time) on June 22 and get my raise so I can deal with that 8)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19896 on: June 17, 2019, 06:03:58 PM »
Happy birthday RVR!
FINE

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19897 on: June 17, 2019, 06:29:09 PM »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4581
« Reply #19898 on: June 18, 2019, 11:39:37 AM »
A belated Happy Birthday, RVR II!
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19899 on: June 18, 2019, 03:37:10 PM »
A belated Happy Birthday, RVR II!
Thank you very much ;D

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2592
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19900 on: June 19, 2019, 06:50:37 AM »
16 tons of cocaine were found on a ship in Philly, all I can think of is the song by Tennessee Ernie Ford.

You load sixteen tons, what do you get?

Another day older and deeper in jail.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6815
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #19901 on: June 19, 2019, 07:29:03 AM »
16 tons of cocaine were found on a ship in Philly...

once they got it off the boat, it was only fifteen tons...
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 487
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19902 on: June 19, 2019, 12:59:08 PM »
16 tons of cocaine were found on a ship in Philly...

once they got it off the boat, it was only fifteen tons...

Yes sir, we confiscated 10 tons of cocaine.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19903 on: June 24, 2019, 03:50:07 AM »
I've got a package being delivered by Lasership, never heard of that company before, looked it up and holy cow there are piles of complaints and bad reviews.  Hope I don't need to add to the list...
Never heard of them either and WOW their complaints are off the charts :o
Everybody is looking for the cheapest shipping method and this is the result.. Shady shippers. You get what you pay for
Ordered some Mens custom fit khaki pants for work from Walmart.com on Sunday and one pair is arriving today by way of Lasership out of Charlotte, NC..
This is my first time dealing with them so we'll see how it goes. :-\
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 03:53:06 AM by RVR II »

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
« Reply #19904 on: June 29, 2019, 03:39:48 PM »
Don't buy it often, so I always forget how much hotter hardword charcoal gets compared to the more common charcoal briquettes.