Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1807337 times)

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 376
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19590 on: October 07, 2018, 08:12:07 AM »
Commercials for the new movie "Bad Times at the El Royale" are driving me crazy.  That title is written in 3 different languages.  The first four words are English, the fourth is Spanish, and the last is French.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2652
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19591 on: October 08, 2018, 04:29:17 PM »
Commercials for the new movie "Bad Times at the El Royale" are driving me crazy.  That title is written in 3 different languages.  The first four words are English, the fourth is Spanish, and the last is French.

But the last two are the name of a hotel, right? So there's nothing weird about saying 'Bad Times at the (hotel name).' And I get the impression the hotel name is supposed to be a bit dumb and trashy?
FINE

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 524
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19592 on: October 08, 2018, 09:22:43 PM »
I didn't get the job. And here I thought everything was coming up Lilhouse. I fucking NAILED that interview.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #19593 on: October 09, 2018, 06:43:43 PM »
I didn't get the job. And here I thought everything was coming up Lilhouse. I fucking NAILED that interview.

dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19594 on: October 09, 2018, 07:24:18 PM »

In other news, got an interview with a home health company tomorrow, so that'll be good.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7912
« Reply #19595 on: October 09, 2018, 09:56:25 PM »
I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy today. High as a kite. Everything looked normal but he took a bunch of biopsies, I'll find out if I've got Crohn's or UC in a week or so

I'm sorry. I had that a year ago and found out that I'm Celiac.

It could be anything from IBS to cancer, but no sense in borrowing trouble before it comes, I'll find out soon. Worst part was the prep for the damn thing.

I was worried I had cancer, so Celiac was a relief.

Is that common in Mormon communities? The only other Celiac I've known was also a mormon.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #19596 on: October 11, 2018, 08:23:59 PM »
Scooby-Doo involved a lot of insurance fraud for a show aimed at children
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19597 on: October 11, 2018, 10:15:36 PM »
People are currently arguing who the Avs should play as a primary goalie, Grubauer or Varlomov. I'm just happy that we have two badass goalies, and I'm super hyped that I've discovered a serious love for hockey.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 581
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #19598 on: October 12, 2018, 10:59:29 PM »
On the night I go see Bohemian Rhapsody, I've decided to dress as ridiculously as possible for the movie, and when I say ridiculous I mean as in okay for being in public, just ridiculous as in "That's really, really silly.". I have an old Kimono(with Dragons emblazoned all over it) I'm going to wear over my shirt and jeans, and I have a Hello Kitty shirt that I'm going to wear, along with a makeshift crown and steampunk goggles. I just hope that night it's not TOO cold because as nice as my kimono is, it's not going to provide much protection against 30 or 40 something degree weather.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #19599 on: October 13, 2018, 01:02:30 AM »
Since Disney owns Star Wars, be prepared for:

"Admiral Akbar - and Admiral Akbar - starring as twin brothers trying to get the people who spawned them back together in...

.  .  .  It's A-Parent-ly A Trap!"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 02:50:47 AM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19600 on: October 13, 2018, 01:09:11 AM »
Went to my 30 year class reunion last night and saw a few people I recognized but most I didn't. Time has not been kind to some of them including one old friend that is the same age with the exact same birthday as mine and he's had 3 strokes already  :scared:
Saw an old 'fling' girlfriend and she's still dense as she was back in high school  ::)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:39:54 AM by RVR II »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 581
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #19601 on: October 13, 2018, 10:39:56 AM »
I would have loved to have gone to a high school reunion... but AFAIK my class hasn't had any yet. Over the years on FB I've tried getting back in touch with some of my old friends and unfortunately most of my searches proved rather fruitless, or even if they turned up results, many friend requests went unanswered. I did manage to find one woman I knew and sent her a friend request on FB a couple years ago. She accepted not too much later. We talked a few times and one time she even said she'd write me a letter(which I never got). Unfortunately she unfriended me about 3 or 4 months ago for reasons I don't pretend to understand at all. I wanted to ask her why, but there's also a part of me that's saying "Russell... just let her go.". It's shit like this that makes me cynical about being sentimental about my high school years.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19602 on: October 13, 2018, 10:58:22 AM »
I live in my home town, and have no intention of going to my 10 year next year. I've flirted with the idea of it, but honestly, I have no desire to get involved with what I assume will be the same dynamic that existed throughout those 4 years, because small towns aren't known for moving on.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19603 on: October 13, 2018, 11:01:26 AM »
High School Reunions are obviously created for people who have fonder memories of their fellow High School students than I do.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 262
« Reply #19604 on: October 13, 2018, 11:09:36 AM »
Got an invite to a 25 year high school reunion 6 years ago-that's the only one I'm aware of that they had. Didn't have any desire to go due in no small part to living over 1,000 miles away now. If I still lived there, I might have considered going though.